natureluvr

Notice of Voided Roleplay

natureluvr

After a thorough investigation conducted by Internal Affairs regarding the recent Teardrop theft attempt event, it has been decided that a void is warranted.

This event that occurred on April 9, 2020 has been voided. As a result, all roleplay resulting from this event has also been voided.

We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause players, and we thank you for your understanding regarding this matter.

Below I will be tagging several people who were directly involved in the event.

@Kyle1322 @Phantom @Stylo @StarGlaze @Cat956 @Abivi @Moncher @Bones_Apart @LordOfTheDank

• Like 4
  • Haha 14
  • Wow 1
  • Sad 1

Serethia

I'm available if anyone has any further questions or inquiries about this. You can contact me on the forums VIA PM, or on discord at Serethia#0001.

Further information regarding this will be made available when i've finished typing up my full report tomorrow.

• Wow 2

natureluvr

Nini will be posting another announcement tomorrow with a more complete explanation regarding the reason the roleplay was voided.

• Like 1

Serethia

Appologies for the delay on this post!

The following is a report of the incident written by Natureluvr, Proofread with some modifications from myself.

On April 9, 2020 an event took place at the Teardrop Wrathguard location in which three characters attempted to steal the teardrop and release the voidling it was containing. This roleplay has since been voided due to a number of reasons which are detailed below.

1. One of the most prevalent issues resulting in the void was a miscommunication regarding NPCs. The Reiklands were under the impression that they could have some of their NPCs stationed at the event location along with a camp/some form of barricades. They had discussed this with kyle and got permission from him, making threads on the forums with roleplay for their NPCs. When limited was informed of this, he spoke with kyle and told him that this wasn’t allowed due to the political system because the event site is located just outside of the tiles claimed by the Reiklands and NPCs may only be stationed at locations within the tile claims. As a result of this miscommunication, limited had told the Reiklands they could have a small group of NPCs present at the event to try and make up for it, however as the event was starting, limited revoked this allocation. Internal Affairs has determined that this was not an appropriate course of action to be taken.
  2. Another issue contributing to the void is OOC scheduling. The Reiklands had been doing the Teardrop event line since February and were scheduled to complete the event arc at the end of April. The finale event was initially scheduled to be earlier, in March, however it was postponed due to concerns about being able to have all the players in attendance. The group attempting to steal the artifact scheduled their event to take place before the currently set finale event of the Reiklands.
  3. A third issue contributing to the void is OOC miscommunication between Moderation members. When natureluvr was called in to the event, she was under the impression she was being asked to deliver a verdict that had already been decided, this verdict being the removal of the Reikland players present at the Teardrop location. natureluvr then attempted to discuss allowing the players to stay at the location, but was under the impression that Phantom would make the final decision regarding each of the four players present. Phantom did not intend for these to be the impressions given.
  4. A final issue that contributed to the void was the issue of BonesApart’s instant character death being voided. There was a lot of discussion and concern regarding how he would/could possibly have escaped the event alive, what he would know, what would have happened to the character, etc.

A large number of accusations have been made surrounding this incident, and we hope the above provides some clarity as to what has happened. Several conversations and some action has already been taken as a prevenative measure. This inclused voulentary action from Faction Team, Event Team, and Moderation team as how to ensure that the incidents do not repeat. Further discussions as of what to do going forward will take place during the team leader meeting scheduled on the 17th of April.

Internal Affairs discussed the possibility of redoing the roleplay and allowing a certain number of characters to be present on either side, or possibly doing something with NPCs, however, we were informed that there was no interest in redoing the roleplay on the part of the group who had created the theft event.

All things considered, after much investigation and discussion we felt the most appropriate course of action would be a full void, as to leave things as they were would have left a lot of loose ends untied, and would have proceeded into further investigations and processes to clear up the many misconceptions surrounding the event, including misplaced character understanding of what took place, and we would have also needed to make some alterations to the outcome to some degree to provide continuity and a fair resolve for all involved in which we did not see a way to amicably solve the situation as it was. All things considered, a full void seemed like the only viable course of action, and was voted upon by Internal affiars, and the incident invigilators.

I hope the above provides the needed clarity on the issue at hand, however if you have any further questions regarding the reasoning for the void, please feel free to contact me via forum PM or Discord message at Serethia#0001.

Thank you for your patience.

• Like 9
  • Haha 2
  • Sad 1