Jump to content
Serethia

New Forum & Bug Feedback Thread

Recommended Posts

Serethia

Hey All!

 

Well its here.. at long last!

 

Let us know what you think below, and of course please also let us know of any broken things or suggestions you have!

 

Some features are still in progress, but most of the forums should work, and all apps are online. (But may not be formatted perfectly just yet)

 

We have done most of the essentials but we wanted to get this out to you all and things are still very much subject to change. (I'll bring back a nice homepage too soon)

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Love 1
  • Fire 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Boog

spoilers on my art thread broke

image.png.0b0cb72e842be25448a16671bce0c5b3.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Bromophobe

So, justified text appears as follows

 

 

[JUSTIFY][/JUSTIFY]

[JUSTIFY]Overview:[/JUSTIFY]

[JUSTIFY]'Gwennol' quite literally translates to 'swallow' in the northern elvish dialect. This ship was based off of the aerodynamics of the small bird and its capacity to take off and sail the skies. Made out of the lighter woods of whistle pine, and armed with side riggings made to catch wind as it propulses the Gwennol forth. The ship itself is nimble and lighter than others, measures a good 25ft long, and 7-8ft wide.[/JUSTIFY]

[JUSTIFY][/JUSTIFY]

[JUSTIFY]The sails are made out of strong canvas, with a flexible yet resilient armature made out of whistle pine wood, and iron soul mandragora for the more crucial parts. It has a tail sail for direction made of the same materials and finally a custom retractible keel to ensure better control over drifting wind currents. In and of itself, the ship is relatively weak and can only contain a small amount of people; one navigator capable of controlling the winds, and five crew members that double up as soldiers.[/JUSTIFY]

[JUSTIFY][/JUSTIFY]

[JUSTIFY][/JUSTIFY]

[JUSTIFY]Creation:[/JUSTIFY]

[JUSTIFY]The ship's hull itself is a creation of lapstraked whistle pine wood strakes, with an iron-soul keel and armature. The method consisted of creating the iron-soul skeleton of the ship, with a slender, soaring frame. The strakes then have been nailed and overlapped on the hull in such a manner it resembles the common northern longship, with some added bevel to the hull's curve in such a way it can catch the currents.[/JUSTIFY]

[JUSTIFY][/JUSTIFY]

[JUSTIFY]The tail sail was created first, taking inspiration from both swallows and trouts, its directionnal pivot helps the Gwennol Class to steer midair and properly drive itself through the air. The pivots themselves are fashioned out tempered steel, with thick bolts and nails that ensure both solidity and manouevrability midair. Like the wings of a swallow, or the fins of a trout, the main sails are affixed to these pivots, and are capable of rotating as well as being moved back and forth depending on the intensity of the wind.[/JUSTIFY]

 

 

any way this will be fixed?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
AlienDark12
Posted (edited)

https://invisioncommunity.com/files/file/8327-magnum-theme/

This theme right here and a few others would be a good fit for aethier.

For some reason, everything is hard to read on this theme; and majority of threads are broken or just non-existent. 

Edited by AlienDark12
  • Fire 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Boog

character profile is broken (assuming because of the symbols in the address bar

 

image.png.721b29f123a111120849cfc717498e6b.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Serethia
7 minutes ago, Boog said:

character profile is broken (assuming because of the symbols in the address bar

 

image.png.721b29f123a111120849cfc717498e6b.png

Fixed

 

7 minutes ago, AlienDark12 said:

https://invisioncommunity.com/files/file/8327-magnum-theme/

This theme right here and a few others would be a good fit for aethier.

For some reason, everything is hard to read on this theme; and majority of threads are broken or just non-existent. 

Added to my list for consideration!

 

12 minutes ago, Bromophobe said:

So, justified text appears as follows

 

 

[JUSTIFY][/JUSTIFY]

[JUSTIFY]Overview:[/JUSTIFY]

[JUSTIFY]'Gwennol' quite literally translates to 'swallow' in the northern elvish dialect. This ship was based off of the aerodynamics of the small bird and its capacity to take off and sail the skies. Made out of the lighter woods of whistle pine, and armed with side riggings made to catch wind as it propulses the Gwennol forth. The ship itself is nimble and lighter than others, measures a good 25ft long, and 7-8ft wide.[/JUSTIFY]

[JUSTIFY][/JUSTIFY]

[JUSTIFY]The sails are made out of strong canvas, with a flexible yet resilient armature made out of whistle pine wood, and iron soul mandragora for the more crucial parts. It has a tail sail for direction made of the same materials and finally a custom retractible keel to ensure better control over drifting wind currents. In and of itself, the ship is relatively weak and can only contain a small amount of people; one navigator capable of controlling the winds, and five crew members that double up as soldiers.[/JUSTIFY]

[JUSTIFY][/JUSTIFY]

[JUSTIFY][/JUSTIFY]

[JUSTIFY]Creation:[/JUSTIFY]

[JUSTIFY]The ship's hull itself is a creation of lapstraked whistle pine wood strakes, with an iron-soul keel and armature. The method consisted of creating the iron-soul skeleton of the ship, with a slender, soaring frame. The strakes then have been nailed and overlapped on the hull in such a manner it resembles the common northern longship, with some added bevel to the hull's curve in such a way it can catch the currents.[/JUSTIFY]

[JUSTIFY][/JUSTIFY]

[JUSTIFY]The tail sail was created first, taking inspiration from both swallows and trouts, its directionnal pivot helps the Gwennol Class to steer midair and properly drive itself through the air. The pivots themselves are fashioned out tempered steel, with thick bolts and nails that ensure both solidity and manouevrability midair. Like the wings of a swallow, or the fins of a trout, the main sails are affixed to these pivots, and are capable of rotating as well as being moved back and forth depending on the intensity of the wind.[/JUSTIFY]

 

 

any way this will be fixed?

Spoilers and the Xenforo's ancient justify tag werent supported by the migration. This is because spoilers and the justify tags were manual fixes i put into the system. I have re-added them on this forum so you may be able to do some quick DIY work and fix that. The old forums will be made available in about a week and you'll be able to copy paste the thread and that will also do the trick.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
LyricalDoggo

Everything is working fine and well for me, except for one thing I've noticed so far. Whenever I click on "Request an Ascended Revival," it brings me to a "This Page Isn't Working" and states it tried to redirect me too many times. Whether this is an issue on my end or the server's end. But it is doing that with most of every application based thing I have clicked on after finding the initial issue. The thing's I have tested have been. . .


Applying for an Ascended Revival
Applying for a Team
Applying for an Event

 

I am unsure if this is an issue on my end or a general issue, but if it fixes itself I will reply to this or edit this to inform you of that.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
CaitTheGr8

I can't open any threads that aren't these ones.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
DoodleMonkey

I tried to check on my Custom Item applications to see if they transferred over properly, and lo and behold they didn't. Says the page doesn't exist, I'm assuming this is the same for others? Dunno if a WIP or a proper issue.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Arcturio

p sure all spoilers are broken yeah, alongside most embed image links.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Serethia
46 minutes ago, LyricalDoggo said:

Everything is working fine and well for me, except for one thing I've noticed so far. Whenever I click on "Request an Ascended Revival," it brings me to a "This Page Isn't Working" and states it tried to redirect me too many times. Whether this is an issue on my end or the server's end. But it is doing that with most of every application based thing I have clicked on after finding the initial issue. The thing's I have tested have been. . .


Applying for an Ascended Revival
Applying for a Team
Applying for an Event

 

I am unsure if this is an issue on my end or a general issue, but if it fixes itself I will reply to this or edit this to inform you of that.

Will fix that now.

 

34 minutes ago, DoodleMonkey said:

I tried to check on my Custom Item applications to see if they transferred over properly, and lo and behold they didn't. Says the page doesn't exist, I'm assuming this is the same for others? Dunno if a WIP or a proper issue.

Give me the links, i'll check that ouyt for you. Might be special characters in the thread name.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
TheHyperion

You can see the old lore section which is empty in the lore tab.

 

The lack of a "What's New" section. I used to check this multiple times a day to keep updated on things.

 

Google integration I know is coming but I believe it is crucial to the forums still due to all the profiles, etc. on it.

 

There is two haha emotes.

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Arcturio
Posted (edited)

- Whats new section

 

- new posts section (different from whats new)

 

- players currently viewing/having viewed threads at the bottom of the page

 

- opening the old forum for us to copypaste easily broken stuff

 

- Change "Club" to "group", "Faction" or "Guild"

 

- Improve/procure a better overall forum theme that fits more the vibe of the server

 

- Reorganize the side menus / make them more ergonomic

 

- fix custom titles and team ranks

Edited by Arcturio
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Fire 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
animemandan

I'd like to be able to bookmark things like the old forum. I may have not seen the option yet as i'm looking my way around but currently I have yet to see it. It would be nice to save certain threads to my profile so I can go back to them easier without clicking through 4-5 other things to get to something I need/want to read up on. 

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Crimson_Wolfe_

Is there a way to make it so you can see how many/who has viewed your thread again? It giving me like the ANXIETY not knowing lmao

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
LordOfTheDank

Idk if anyone’s said this yet because I’m having difficulties reading the forum, but on my IPhone there’s way too much info being displayed for people’s names and data or etc but idk if that’s just something I’ll get used to. Additionally the main page only shows up like, a quarter of the page and does the same thing on other areas of the forums making it difficult to navigate and see. The text is rough to read too. Idk if it’s a problem for anyone else either but on my phone at least, it’s hard to tell when a quote is being used and when it ends.

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Ambrosia

I am Unwhitelisted

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Boog
3 hours ago, Crimson_Wolfe_ said:

Is there a way to make it so you can see how many/who has viewed your thread again? It giving me like the ANXIETY not knowing lmao

 

agreed! i really liked seeing who was interested in my profiles etc.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Boog

Have noticed that embedded YT videos can't be resized (or at least it's unclear as I've searched for a while) - they occupy 100% of the screen which is kind of jarring. Minor workaround has been placing a 1x1 table with no border with a fixed width and placing the vid in there, but probably not the most ideal solution!

 

Here to suggest at least maybe a 500px width limit on YT videos?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
That_one_niceguy

-The lack of a "New Posts" tab or something similar has been a bit of something to get used to. Every time I logged onto forums I would click that button and I was able to see what I was missing out on. Either it doesn't exist or I am just not finding it if the latter is the case my apologies.

 

-It seems that viewing forum threads on mobile (in my specific case viewing forums off my iPhone) is a bit dodgy. I can't seem to resize the screen or reorient the screen in a way that I can see all of the text in the thread.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Vmwareguy2

In the CRP Moderation Standards Thread, the link to the Projectile Standards leads to the old forum's page for them! Might be worth checking other examples of linked pages in other pages in case this isn't the only one.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Boog

After a few minutes of having my tab switched - my tab turns into this garbled mess. Goes back to normal after I focus on the tab again. Using Chrome Win10!

 

image.png.5acce54fb949703ad2f863f8c9f37e5d.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
oCoffee

The new forum, Looking really spiffy however I just have a few minor issues:

  • Minor glitch maybe? When someone comments on a thread I am following I do not receive notification, however I receive notifications of reacts to my posts.
  • If possible, on my home Aethier page can I get the recent posts big in the middle instead of the sidebar all the way on the side? It's nice to see what's recent and to catch up on a daily. Recent topic section was my favorite of the forum.
  • Digging the pictures on how they appear on the side! < < For example I edited mine as you can see. Is there any way we can get our banners under our "Rank, Post Count, Reputation, Days won." I feel that part should be able to be edited by the player like Character profiles - About me section - And banners to signify what level of member you are. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
TheDrakeProject
Posted (edited)

Spoilers, MineSync, and a lot of formatting is down. (Also, Portrait mode for phones doesn't work currently. Landscape functions just fine, but portrait mode the perspective is borked.)

 

Otherwise, it's a cool new thing and I'm enjoying it, though it'll take some getting used to, the overlapping darkness is a bit off putting, but it looks really good all at once.

Edited by TheDrakeProject

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Moolight

Are all groups content supposed to be hidden if youre not part of the group? I don't remember that from last time.

 

Also quick question,... where did the tab or link for the dynmaps go..?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Who Viewed the Topic

    205 members have viewed this topic:
    theisticGilthoniel  Mael_  Serethia  RedAttendant  dogbew  HENG  KorusPrime  Kalligan  Tree  Necrovampire22  Xenmos  Harry_7  DeliciousPiggey  NTE_Killer4life  Xio  SubSammich  Duke Kayzz  NoirThief  Scuttlebutt  Wereyoi  Anauriel  Boog  CrescentGamer  Xedior  Cukie1  That_one_niceguy  oCoffee  luckyfoot10  Gingersnips  LyricalDoggo  Erishti  GermanTacos  The Klondikiest Bar  DemureDessert  Legendary Legend  Star  CaitTheGr8  TheDrakeProject  Fraser028  InfernalRex  Ayasha  DaJungleMonkey  Bakalisk  Volkrii  ImSorryWhat  Jaimsee  giga2011  AtlasMothFex  Azur  Dlugonos  kal  Faye <3  SocialDarwinist  Motjam  Administrator  Kino  Ardicil  asdasdasd  Eviscero  JustGrim  Pyrocide  Vysi  Ace_19  Cricofist  Sybbyl  gartono  Archbishop  Artagan_  Caleo  Bounty_Hood  Hawthorne  Dinochan  Murdocx  koranna  monomyth  MCcookie333  Ponypepper  Olyblob  Leondrith  Roze  AlienDark12  Stylo  Vermund  Crimson_Wolfe_  Fern  Abivi  Newky  MrIMine  Blue Budgie  Crazy_Rabbit  Strudelicious  LordOfTheDank  MoonCake  animemandan  SocialCaterpillar  Sunny  Fuzzy_Yeti  Darkthekid  kinzie09  Frenchy  BlindlessLove 
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Terms of Use