Serethia

New Forum & Bug Feedback Thread

ZooGarrus
11 minutes ago, Moolight said:

Also quick question,... where did the tab or link for the dynmaps go..?

bottom right of the page, on top of "More" tab

animemandan
17 minutes ago, Moolight said:

Are all groups content supposed to be hidden if youre not part of the group? I don't remember that from last time.

For the dynamap thing, it's on the left side below the activity tab, you might have to scroll down a tad to see it. It's what I have to do 

Cukie1

Are we not able to indent text anymore? A lot of my threads were indented and when I tried to remedy that, I couldn't find the option.

ZooGarrus

Is there a way to view new posts in all forum threads like the old forum had?

Boog
6 hours ago, oCoffee said:
  • Minor glitch maybe? When someone comments on a thread I am following I do not receive notification, however I receive notifications of reacts to my posts.

image.png.3f906b9747e55f9488dcca90afd68b97.png

Serethia
On 5/5/2020 at 1:24 AM, TheHyperion said:

You can see the old lore section which is empty in the lore tab.

The lack of a "What's New" section. I used to check this multiple times a day to keep updated on things.

Google integration I know is coming but I believe it is crucial to the forums still due to all the profiles, etc. on it.

There is two haha emotes.

Ms5Ub7h.png

Its back. You will also find the option at the top of every thread now.

fbPZ6Q8.png

The Old lore section is also visible yes, but only to Lore Team members, not to the general public.

On 5/5/2020 at 1:44 AM, Arcturio said:

- Whats new section

- players currently viewing/having viewed threads at the bottom of the page

- opening the old forum for us to copypaste easily broken stuff

- Change "Club" to "group", "Faction" or "Guild"

- Improve/procure a better overall forum theme that fits more the vibe of the server

- Reorganize the side menus / make them more ergonomic

- fix custom titles and team ranks

I have added this now.  There are several activity streams listed under "Activity" at the top, and you can even make your own.

Old forum will be available in maybe a weeks time

Changing "Club" will be done, but it requires one of us in ops to go through and setup a translation entry for over 500 references to the word (And related phrases), so that may come later.

I'm testing a new theme now, but i'm still open to suggestions. The theme showing now is one i had one hand already purchased from a long time ago.

Side menus are being worked on. The larger boxes will also be collpaible (IE Teamspeak)

Custom titles will come soon. Team ranks will show, however i need to get each team leader to give me a banner image to show for their rank 😄

On 5/5/2020 at 7:22 AM, animemandan said:

I'd like to be able to bookmark things like the old forum. I may have not seen the option yet as i'm looking my way around but currently I have yet to see it. It would be nice to save certain threads to my profile so I can go back to them easier without clicking through 4-5 other things to get to something I need/want to read up on. 

I've seen an addon that does this like the old forums. I'll see to this.

23 hours ago, Ambrosia said:

I am Unwhitelisted

The forums are running a promotion script to switch people to the whitelisted rank. It should get to you soon!

19 hours ago, Boog said:

Have noticed that embedded YT videos can't be resized (or at least it's unclear as I've searched for a while) - they occupy 100% of the screen which is kind of jarring. Minor workaround has been placing a 1x1 table with no border with a fixed width and placing the vid in there, but probably not the most ideal solution!

Here to suggest at least maybe a 500px width limit on YT videos?

I dont currently have much control of how embeds display, but i'll have a look to see what can be done.

13 hours ago, Boog said:

After a few minutes of having my tab switched - my tab turns into this garbled mess. Goes back to normal after I focus on the tab again. Using Chrome Win10!

image.png.5acce54fb949703ad2f863f8c9f37e5d.png

I think that was something to do with the other theme. Should be fine now.

7 hours ago, oCoffee said:

The new forum, Looking really spiffy however I just have a few minor issues:

• Minor glitch maybe? When someone comments on a thread I am following I do not receive notification, however I receive notifications of reacts to my posts.
  • If possible, on my home Aethier page can I get the recent posts big in the middle instead of the sidebar all the way on the side? It's nice to see what's recent and to catch up on a daily. Recent topic section was my favorite of the forum.
  • Digging the pictures on how they appear on the side! < < For example I edited mine as you can see. Is there any way we can get our banners under our "Rank, Post Count, Reputation, Days won." I feel that part should be able to be edited by the player like Character profiles - About me section - And banners to signify what level of member you are. 

The default notification setting were a bit weird. I've changed the defaults and reset it for everyone. Should be okay now.

3 hours ago, Moolight said:

Are all groups content supposed to be hidden if youre not part of the group? I don't remember that from last time.

All groups were re-created on this forum as private. The group owners can change the group settings and make them visible again.

• Thanks 1

Serethia
3 hours ago, ZooGarrus said:

bottom right of the page, on top of "More" tab

Its not at the top middle of the screen.

3 hours ago, Cukie1 said:

Are we not able to indent text anymore? A lot of my threads were indented and when I tried to remedy that, I couldn't find the option.

Sorry, i forgot to add the option to the editor. You'll see it now

BCkBU2P.png

39 minutes ago, Boog said:

image.png.3f906b9747e55f9488dcca90afd68b97.png

I have changed it so you now automatically follow threads you reply to or post yourself. You can change this also in your Notification Settings

• Like 3

Boog

also has this always been a thing.

image.png.2c8db796af8b3d36fae0a9af57a88e7f.png

Serethia

Bookmarks added:

D5W3TlN.png

You can bookmarks invididual posts now aswell as just threads. The bookmark option is found at the bottom of any persons post on the forums.

QV0hVX3.png

You can also choose if you want the bookmark to be private, or to show publically on your profile and be usable by others.

upxbbXB.png

7 minutes ago, Boog said:

also has this always been a thing.

image.png.2c8db796af8b3d36fae0a9af57a88e7f.png

Limit was set to 10. I've upped it to 50

I have also increased the Maximum number of clubs allowed per user to 3 from 1.

This will allow people to create multiple clubs for their faction with different settings. (So a Public One, Private one for Officers and so)

• Like 2

AlienDark12

effaab075e422aec2ba3f13c863b73f0.png

Please get rid of this.

• Haha 1

Serethia

Signatures Enabled:

https://www.aethier.co.uk/IPS/index.php?/settings/signature/

Members can now set their titles on the forums by editing their profiles.

46 minutes ago, AlienDark12 said:

effaab075e422aec2ba3f13c863b73f0.png

Please get rid of this.

Why whats wrong with the tags cloud?

Boog
Posted (edited)

A few design suggestions - the @Serethia looks kinda jarring/really disrupts the look of the page.

Suggestion to remove the blocky background and simply make the text highlighted in the theme colour - looks a lot cleaner/less disruptive imo:
image.png.6836f9adcde8ca35e07c0768ccf8e0ec.png

Another thing I personally don't like is the profile screen is my activity log - I really liked having a comment wall, and then activity log separate.

Seems the viewed log is duplicating users whenever they re-view the page:
image.png.5f9cd07b77395b5b489bfad3af456d0a.png

out of curiosity - if member ID is ordered by account creation date (which i'm guessing it is) and you're #2, who's #1?

Edited by Boog

animemandan

So, trying to view peoples links for their character profile it doesn't work and instead sends me to a google page trying to find said link. Instead of loading a preview or anything like before. 

Boog
4 hours ago, Serethia said:

I think that was something to do with the other theme. Should be fine now.

image.png.88991f0d03241b23ba5d26576ce2aa87.png 

Waited with a few tabs open with the new theme, issue's still occurring although it's not really that much of a disruption.

TheDrakeProject

This is less feedback and more an error; as seen in the screenshots there are repeating names in the "viewed" box.

Screenshot_2020-05-06-07-26-08.png

RoguishLaughter
22 hours ago, That_one_niceguy said:

-The lack of a "New Posts" tab or something similar has been a bit of something to get used to. Every time I logged onto forums I would click that button and I was able to see what I was missing out on. Either it doesn't exist or I am just not finding it if the latter is the case my apologies.

-It seems that viewing forum threads on mobile (in my specific case viewing forums off my iPhone) is a bit dodgy. I can't seem to resize the screen or reorient the screen in a way that I can see all of the text in the thread.

Mobile is a bit dodgy on androids as well, everything is shifted to the left. Have to reorient the screen a bit to get it to work

Suldar

Personally not sure how I feel about it but, that's because I'm used to the old forums. Just ah, please make a thread section for recent posts and latest threads as before that can be clicked to easily. Not just the recent threads thing on the side bar.

Razgriz

The link to the runesmithing app on the professions overview page needs updated! 

Boog

Is there any way to separate the applications from the recent topics as it was previously? Gets a bit cluttered when all of the recent topics are just applications being accepted.

RedAttendant

Not sure if it's intentional or not but I can't view any custom item apps right now.

Serethia
17 hours ago, TheDrakeProject said:

This is less feedback and more an error; as seen in the screenshots there are repeating names in the "viewed" box.

Screenshot_2020-05-06-07-26-08.png

Now i know what that setting does! I'll go change it.

11 hours ago, Boog said:

Is there any way to separate the applications from the recent topics as it was previously? Gets a bit cluttered when all of the recent topics are just applications being accepted.

This will be a thing

• Like 2

Cukie1
Posted (edited)

image.png.5b5d90f674d65304415cc0035decd318.png

Are we not allowed to make multiple custom items per day? I don't know why I'm getting this error

Edit: Apparently it's a timer that.. doesn't actually count down

Edited by Cukie1
  • Like 1

Wereyoi

Should you add the "Page" option on a post or thread - a horizontal line will appear denoting the page break. If you then post, applying that edit and go back to try to delete the edit - the page will continue to persist on the post.

bar.png.a4840d0fc9c4b0439b22648985fed026.png

Wereyoi
56 minutes ago, Wereyoi said:

Should you add the "Page" option on a post or thread - a horizontal line will appear denoting the page break. If you then post, applying that edit and go back to try to delete the edit - the page will continue to persist on the post.

bar.png.a4840d0fc9c4b0439b22648985fed026.png

Finally found solution. It seems the 'page' marker has some weird thing where it "attaches" itself to text AFTER the line. Deleting all the text - or cut and pasting into google docs to "clean" it that exists after the page marker. Then posting to document so it's cut off - then reeditting the document and pasting the text back into the document makes the entire post appear on one thread.

The page marker DOES NOT attach itself to breaks. If you try to delete the break where you placed the page marker - it won't do anything.

In short. Don't use the page marker.

• Who Viewed the Topic

205 members have viewed this topic:
    theisticGilthoniel  Mael_  Serethia  RedAttendant  dogbew  HENG  KorusPrime  Kalligan  Tree  Necrovampire22  Xenmos  Harry_7  DeliciousPiggey  NTE_Killer4life  Xio  SubSammich  Duke Kayzz  NoirThief  Scuttlebutt  Wereyoi  Anauriel  Boog  CrescentGamer  Xedior  Cukie1  That_one_niceguy  oCoffee  luckyfoot10  Gingersnips  LyricalDoggo  Erishti  GermanTacos  The Klondikiest Bar  DemureDessert  Legendary Legend  Star  CaitTheGr8  TheDrakeProject  Fraser028  InfernalRex  Ayasha  DaJungleMonkey  Bakalisk  Volkrii  ImSorryWhat  Jaimsee  giga2011  AtlasMothFex  Azur  Dlugonos  kal  Faye <3  SocialDarwinist  Motjam  Administrator  Kino  Ardicil  asdasdasd  Eviscero  JustGrim  Pyrocide  Vysi  Ace_19  Cricofist  Sybbyl  gartono  Archbishop  Artagan_  Caleo  Bounty_Hood  Hawthorne  Dinochan  Murdocx  koranna  monomyth  MCcookie333  Ponypepper  Olyblob  Leondrith  Roze  AlienDark12  Stylo  Vermund  Crimson_Wolfe_  Fern  Abivi  Newky  MrIMine  Blue Budgie  Crazy_Rabbit  Strudelicious  LordOfTheDank  MoonCake  animemandan  SocialCaterpillar  Sunny  Fuzzy_Yeti  Darkthekid  kinzie09  Frenchy  BlindlessLove 

Important Information

Terms of Use