News Ticker
  • We will eventually add things to this box!
  • We host a Weekly SCP: Secret Laboratory Session every Friday at 10PM GMT/BST

Character Art & Character Screenshot Contest

natureluvr

• +Team Leader
    natureluvr

Hey Aethier! Thank you so much to everyone who entered the last content contest! In order to give artists more time for their work, we are going to make this contest run a month and a half instead of just a month, and we'll see if that helps with things.

This content contest will be focusing on two categories: Character Art and Character Screenshots! You may submit as many entries to either category as you'd like, but you can only win one prize from each category. Submissions will close on September 30, 2020 and the winners will be announced early the following week, no later than October 5th.

Character Art

This category can include artwork of any medium, but should be original and done completely by you as the artist. Incorporating artwork of characters/races that are harder to find art pieces for will increase your chances of winning as well.

Prizes

1st Place: 5,000 Forum Credits

2nd Place: 4,000 Forum Credits

3rd Place: 3,000 Forum Credits

Entry Format

Post your artwork on this thread.

Let us know what the artwork was made to depict.

Artist name you would like to be referred to when being credited as the artist of the piece.

Optional: If you'd also like to be tagged on social media when/if we post your submission to be credited, please include your social media names.

Character Screenshots

Character Screenshots should be pictures of characters somewhere in Aethier's roleplay world. They should be focused on showcasing detailed skins (with credit to skinmaker if applicable) and the Aethier roleplay server as an immersive environment with a variety of characters and races. MPM is highly recommended for this as well. Some of the screenshots may also be used on Aethier's PlanetMinecraft page.

Prizes

1st Place: 3,000 Forum Credits

2nd Place: 2,000 Forum Credits

3rd Place: 1,000 Forum Credits

Entry Format

Post your Character Screenshot on this thread.

Tell us some context to what's going on in the screenshot such as the character races, their location, what they're doing there, etc. (Doesn't have to be an essay just like 1 sentence or so would be appreciated!)

Provide credit to skinmakers if applicable.

See this thread for more information on Forum Credits if you don't know what they are/how they're used!

Please be aware that by entering your artwork into this contest, you consent for the imagery you submit to be posted to Aethier's social media platforms, including but not limited to: Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and being featured in YouTube videos/trailers.

• Like 2
    • natureluvr pinned and featured this topic
    Retributory Vessel

MyTurnToPlayOnTheXBox2.png

Name of the Masterpiece: Mom said it's my turn to play on the Xbox.

Edited by Retributory Vessel
    • Like 5
    • Haha 7
    • Fire 1

hi i would like to submit art of my character lorena the wicked !! thanks !!

LorenaTheWicked.png

• Like 11
    • Love 4
    • Fire 3

Entering in Vas, awoken from a nightmare and seeking comfort in their Miniature Dragon egg,

Spoiler

Egg.png

• Like 11
    • Love 6

Concept art of my character Fiona as a carpet shark Syrien

Untitled_Artwork.png

Edited by Shrike
    • Like 3
    • Love 4
    Necronome

image.png

(Skin by me, Necronome)

Matsu, a Hanese woman with Western attire, clambering around a Zheng ship with her cat o' nine tails.

• Like 2
    • 1 month later...
    Legendary Legend

Character Screenshot Submission

https://image.prntscr.com/image/tonYrSEJQ1CFbRnTKy2h1A.png

At a forge in Ora'vea, a half-mer, named Hezekai, labors over smiting a weapon he was commissioned. However, this is no public and common forge nor owned by Hezekai, himself. It is, instead, the private one personally used by one of Domm's Blessed and King of Ora'vea. As his apprentice, Hezekai is allowed special access to it.

Spoiler

Shout out to my photographer: @Azur

Legendary Legend

Character Art Submission

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/434550875613298699/760780287063490570/image0.png

Drew up my own concept art of my mans, Hezekai, wielding lightning since he is literally a living lightning rod. I felt like trying to give him a bit of a modern drip too, combined with what he usually wears. I'm just starting out so please don't roast my coloring and shading too hard.😖

I go by Owari as my artist name and lemme cop that social plug too: https://www.instagram.com/owaridraws/

this will be my last submission, character art done by me of my char hallkatla

Edited by honeyy
    • Love 3

TempArt.png

Did this myself, depicting my lich/demon Nizariel. I'm not a great artist but, I'm pretty decent with photoediting. So I took an ingame screenshot from Skyrim, fancified it up, and added the effects to the eyes and such to make him look as close to Nizariel as I could get.

Here's a rushed cartoon version of my Halfling, I only started playing yesterday and I'm already thinking about new characters but hey free stuff is free stuff.

quNOrps.png

Edited by Aoob
    • Like 2
    • Love 1
    MCcookie333

Before Maisie became a shaman, I made concept art of her merges with different spirits! The first is how she always looks, the second is her merge with a Coare, and the third is her merge with a Veiter!

MaisieMerges.png

• Like 1
    • Love 3
    MCcookie333

A GIF of Ryia Maelyss walking through the streets of Magespire, with the oddest feeling that she's being watched... (this was inspired by redwa11's Calamity eventline!)
    RyiaMaelyss.gif

Bonus: A higher quality image of this piece:

Spoiler

RyiaStill.png

• Like 2
    • Love 2
    • natureluvr locked this topic
    • +Team Leader
    natureluvr

HUGE thank you to everyone who entered this contest! All of your art pieces and screenshots are amazing! After a lot of deliberation among the welcome team, the results for the winners are in!

Character Art

1st Place: @Cho with her art of Vas hugging her miniature dragon egg!

2nd Place: @honeyy for the beautiful submissions of her Lorena and Hallkatla character art!

3rd Place: @MCcookie333 for her shaman merge Syrien art of Maisie!

Honorable Mentions: @Aoob with his adorable Halfling art and @Shrike with the gorgeous carpet shark Syrien.

Character Screenshots

1st Place: @Legendary Legend for his screenshot of Hezekai working hard in the forge.

2nd Place: @Necronome for his screenshot of Matsu on the Zheng ship.

3rd Place: @LifeInVelvet for the "Bunny Soup" submission showcasing a dryad!

Congratulations to all of the winners!! Thank you again to everyone who entered, it's always exciting to see the submissions as people post them. Be on the lookout for another announcement from me later today for our next art contest. This one will be Halloween themed!

• Like 2
    • Thanks 2
    • natureluvr unpinned and unfeatured this topic