News Ticker
  • Submit your best emotes of the month to the "Best Emotes of the Month" thread for a chance to win a $20 steam card every month! The void menace approaches! How will you help to save the future of Aversia? Upcoming Updates Include: The Hub Server - The Crafting System part 2 - The New Whitelist/Verification System and more!

Major Community Update - 19th April 2021

• -Founder
    Serethia

Hello Aethier!

Today i bring to you some news from myself, along with a few upcoming content updates.

PEGI 16ViolenceBad LanguageDrugsIn-game Purchases

Firstly, as of today, Aethier is now a PEGI 16 rated server. This differs from PG 13 in some ways, though we do wish to clarify that while this does relax some official guidelines, a few notable changes can be heard:

• Violence is more freely permitted in roleplays now, however we do ask users do not take this overboard, and respect the wishes of other nearby players. Including fading to black when asked.
    • We've always allowed some varieties of Bad language if used in moderation, and this will remain.
    • The Usage of Drugs including variations of smoking, and alchhol where lore permits while allowed, should not be encouraged, or made to look appealing to the younger audiences.
    • We are using the In Game Purchases tag to represent the purchases available on our Donation Store.
    • We still dont allow Sexual interactions or otherwise ERP, but Non sexualised nudity is okay, but again, please respect the other members of the community. Stating a character is partially nude is fine, but dont go into detail as this could make other users uncomfortable.

On the subject of age, the following two statements apply:

• All users whitelisted/verified before the 19th of April 2021 will be granted grandfathering status past the new age gate, and will not be removed from our community.
    • As part of our new server entry and ingress system for new players, we will no longer be asking for a users age when whitelisting. Parental consent to use the website is being automatically assumed for users between 13 and 18 as we have no realistic way of actually verifying ages, but we will be making a concious effort still to remain compliant with the Childrens online Privacy Protection Act (COPPA) and continue to forbid users under the age of 13 from using the services.

That leads me to whitelisting, or should i say, "Verification".

You'll see a lot of mentions to "Get Verified" or "Verified" tags appearing over the coming days. What this refers to is our new entry system to the server. Gone is the greylist/whitelst system, and we are now an open community. Anyone may join Aethier at any time, Interact with our discord, play games and even join the game server, however- The whitelisted permission group is now becoming the "Verified" group.

What is Verified?
    Verified is a tag given to users that pass either an application or vetting check. A better way to describe it would be to say "Full Community Member". Verified members have everything that whitelisted players did before, including the ability to apply for teams, full permissions ingame and so.

What can Unverified users do?

Unverified users are more like visitors. They can come and go as they please. The permissions and documentation for Verification and Unverified users will be fleshed out over the coming days, but to give a quick overview they can:

• Join the Roleplay Server, use local chats, and roleplay, but not use any OOC communications or Private messaging features.
    • Unverified users can not apply for Custom Items, Regions, or Aurums.
    • Unverified users can not claim vaults, or use virtual item storage.
    • Unverified users can not use the Creative Server
    • They can partake in discord channels, and other activities.
    • Unverified users can attend public events, but not private events where attendance is recorded, or join war rosters
    • Unverified users can not be listed as vouchers for a region.

Again i'll flesh out the above later, I just wanted to give you all a good idea for now as i'm slowly integrating the new system. Its likely things will change, and i'm always happy to hear your feedback!

Finally, and my personal favorite part of all of this, and thats "How to people get Verified"

Now thats easy, You can either apply as you did in the past, or; As of today, The Welcome team have the ability to Verify users without requiring a whitelist application. Instead, they can verify a user by:

• Recommendations from Community members
    • Interactions with the community as a Guest/Unverified user
    • Time spent/demonstrated roleplay ability as a guest on the roleplay server

Note: To become verified, users still require a forum account, but once one is created, all usage and applications are done as needed.

To further support the new player entry system, we have a HUB server also in active development including tutorials that we wish to get released soon. More news on that to come.

Thanks for getting this far if you've taken the time to read all of this. And for those that did, i will be hosting a community meeting this week. Keep an eye out for it in the announcements and on the Calendar.

If you have any questions about the above, please dont be afraid to ask here, or directly by my Discord: Serethia#0001

Thanks all!

• Like 5
    • Thanks 3
    • Fire 3
    EvilVSGood

So, Minors have to somehow get their parents to concent to you being on the server? 

just to be sure. 

celticwitch
    46 minutes ago, EvilVSGood said:

So, Minors have to somehow get their parents to concent to you being on the server? 

just to be sure. 

It quotes "parental consent has been automatically assumed" :)

• Like 1
    WaterFox

I think the idea of a “trial run” would help the server grow, but the proposed execution I think might cause headaches. I can see the verification system unintentionally creating a toxic environment specifically with the recommendation aspect. I think this mechanic will encourage noobies to seek recommendations rather than make meaningful connections and allow current players to hold potential server access over the heads of new players. The second may seem unlikely and I can’t imagine too many people doing this, but if I were a new person coming to a server where my full access can be dependent on someone else’s opinion of me then I would have a very hard time forgetting that.

SocialDarwinist
    27 minutes ago, WaterFox said:

I think the idea of a “trial run” would help the server grow, but the proposed execution I think might cause headaches. I can see the verification system unintentionally creating a toxic environment specifically with the recommendation aspect. I think this mechanic will encourage noobies to seek recommendations rather than make meaningful connections and allow current players to hold potential server access over the heads of new players. The second may seem unlikely and I can’t imagine too many people doing this, but if I were a new person coming to a server where my full access can be dependent on someone else’s opinion of me then I would have a very hard time forgetting that.

The post says you can still apply for verification normally like you did for whitelist, you're not reliant on recommendations

Edited by SocialDarwinist
    Danifornia

I really like these updates and am looking forward to seeing how it plays out.

• Like 1
    • -Founder
    Serethia
    1 hour ago, WaterFox said:

Getting Recommendations is only one of many options. This is here to allow people a quick entry if you know an existing player, or so the idea is. Its definitley not an end all, i just wanted people to have options.

Liluwu

The higher age limit is a good change.

• Like 2
    • Who Viewed the Topic

109 members have viewed this topic:
      Raspetidy  Generalissimo  Shale  Eviscero  DrPatriot  Azur  Cho  Fooldude  CaitTheGr8  natureluvr  Hazy  Lucid  Fuzzy_Yeti  sadertyr  DankuzMemuz  JinxJang  TheShadowMatrix  Brogan  Ayasha  CatNeb  TheDrakeProject  Ender  Artagan_  UmbraNight  JohnDarecian  YeOlSmithy  Nixces  llmited  Meisa  SocialCaterpillar  AMOH  Liluwu  Wereyoi  GermanTacos  Serethia  Pilot  Mana  Abivi  Golbutt  EvilVSGood  LadyJetaime  Ghostting  Kyle1322  dogbew  Coffee  Inde  celticwitch  Faye <3  Ottorintsu  MoonCake  SocialDarwinist  Necronome  Shrike  Ohmshakalaka  Demented_Delila  Rangere1  Abbi  LeonIsLame  Phantom  Vyniel  RedAttendant  Roze  Bones__  Star  Arcturio  Korus  Lilbren2u  Vmwareguy2  sl5  Anauriel  DallasLG  dizzyfawn  Meta  teakettl  Luke_SkyOtter  ofinnyo  Cone  Suldar  Kenophobia  Lioln  Strudelicious  Monoeye  Purpleyy  Alyssa  Neci  Danifornia  Nyestea  WaterFox  animemandan  Boog  Aux  Brave  Skuei  Youngsage3  Jeroxia  Fern  SubSammich  RoguishLaughter  KrrispyKreme  JKB22  Moolight 

Important Information

Terms of Use