• [Notice] We are aware of an issue with our service provider being unable to send emails to Outlook/Hotmail emails. We are in contact with them looking for a fix. Gmail addresses are currently confirmed to be working.

◈ Vallis, The Academy of Enlightenment; Enrollment ◈ (3 Viewers)

Roze

Lore Team
Lore Team
Credits
60.000cr
Rosalva
Rosalva
Patron 3

The Academy’s Purpose

Create a safe environment for the noble youth to each learn about all matter of subjects. Subjects from magic to combat,
Etiquette classes to history. All is covered with in these walls. Our children are the future of these continents so they
should be brought up as such. And along the way make friends they normally might have never met in the first place.

The Three Houses of Vallis.
When entering the ground of Vallis all children will be separated into three houses. These houses are merely meant to have those with like minded mindsets share dorms at night and compete in sport type events during school outings together. It is highly encouraged to pick a house you fit in most and not the one your siblings or friends are going to. Besides sleeping all should not spend too much time inside their dorms anyhow. Your acceptance letter will provide you with a test to deem what house you would fit in best.

House Valoram
House Colors: Gold, Red
House Animal: Thunderbird
House Morality: Passionate, Adventurous, Loyal

House Arabora
House Colors: Green, Bronze
House Animal: Owlbear
House Morality: Daring, Earnest, Determined

House Lazulai
House Colors: Blue, Cyan
House Animal: Hippocampi
House Morality: Curious, Diligent, Ambitious

Current faculty:
Headmaster: Merrick
Vice-Principal: Cecilia
Groundskeeper: Azuran
Librarian: Lillium
Counselor: Layla
Medic: Vitae

Teachers List:
History/Alchemy/DADA: Perise
Mana/Alteration: Cecilia
Biomancy/Spirits: Layla
Pyromancy: Andreia

Current Students [Not Sorted Yet]

OOC Information.
The academy is simply a fun roleplay area where character between the ages of 6-18 are allowed to attend as students. It is ran by the Merrigold family and friends who will be the school faculty. If a child character is allowed to actively practice magic please include a letter in your application form. If the child is known to have an inherited spark or any other type of magic please note that down too.

For those who don’t have magic and don’t have any intent on getting it you can still join the Academy! Learning about what magic is and what it does combined with other subjects that don’t pertain to magic, but will be taught is pretty useful to know icly as well.

Ps. If you want any npc children that aren’t played to attending ‘boarding school’ that is completely fine! You can either send a letter or say they are attending
(But when they get a player come talk to us about what they would have learned and done etc.)

Application Form:
Username:
Character Name:
IC Letter:
Did you fill in the Quiz?:

Last edited:

Vex

Custom Items Team
Custom Items Team
Subscriber
Credits
68.873cr
VexSketches
VexSketches
Patron 7
Username: VexSketches / JaySketches
Character Name: Timothy Birdlace
IC Letter:

1578821425708.png
1578820249683.png
1578821425708.png
Esteemed Headmaster Merrigold,
My name is Timothy, and I am seeking to enroll in Vallis as a general student. In all honesty, I'm nervous, and I don't have much of a grasp on magic outside of the basic knowledge of magic and the practice of it eludes me to this day. A majority of my life was spent surrounded by magic, fey, and the latter, and soon after I came to Aethius, I feared that you all lacked an understanding. But I learned so quickly that it was quite the opposite! I learned so much in such a short time, and discovered new and different forms of magic, and quickly began to study it as much as possible. But, I still fear it. I still fear I lack the capability to control mana like the gifted mages of both this world, and the Fey Wilds. Nevertheless I seek to learn, and with or without spells and wands in my arsenal, I will still chase that knowledge.

I wish to attend for various reasons outside of magecraft, however. I would love to expand my knowledge in a multitude of fields. I have been described as quite the bookworm, and even have my own little library in my small home. Reading takes up a large aspect of my life, as I struggle to remember things with ease like others. There's a reason for that, and a story to follow. It explains much about myself and where I come from and what I've grown from. When I was roughly seven tsels old, I was brought to a river in the fey wilds with a few of my friends. They tried to drown me, as a theory I would be able to breathe because of my syrien heritage. I'm only a half-mer. I'll spare you the sob story, however. My point stands that I have a story, and I wish to recover, and grow, and learn! If you'll have me, of course.

Eagerly Yours,

Timothy Birdlace.

Last edited:

Pandamainia

Queen of Elegance
Credits
65.261cr

Username:
Pandamainia
Character Name: Lola
IC Letter:

To the faculty of The Vallis Academy,

I would like to submit myself for consideration to be a student at your school.
I am currently under the Guardianship of Drake Annex, with residence in Sarweald. This is all I know of myself.

I only found myself in this city a few Menses ago, alone. Shortly after this many men came forth to diagnose me with Amnesia - with all my past memory gone. If I am honest, esteemed teachers, I felt guilty. Guilty because I knew next to nothing about this world and its inhabitants and those around me pitied me with shame with each explanation they told me. Each sept came with a new challenge- meeting Vallah for the first time. Aervan. Centaurs. Vilo'tae.
But I have grown sick of not knowing. I am tired beyond frustration at these stares of pity. It seems rather childish for me to say such in writing. But I am being as earnest as I can.
Finding my past is not a goal of mine- instead I want to build my future. I want to be skilled in a wide range of disciplines - something that I can make a start on in your school. And in return- I will owe the beginning of my
new self to your Academy. It is not possible for me to put down in writing just how much I will work for this, nor how much thought and study I will give to my classes.
I will excel past my wildest dreams, if you can gift me with this precious start in life.

Thank you,

LOLA

Did you fill in the Quiz?: Yes

Moolight

Build Team
Faction Team: Builds
Credits
21.998cr
Moolight
Moolight
Patron 2
(Heyyo!, really interested, though not as a student. Kinda like Kara was asking, looking for teachers in any other disciplines?)

Roze

Lore Team
Lore Team
Credits
60.000cr
Rosalva
Rosalva
Patron 3
(Heyyo!, really interested, though not as a student. Kinda like Kara was asking, looking for teachers in any other disciplines?)
(I read this entire post in Roze's voice, im sorry, not sorry 😂 Taking any teacher positions?)
If enough students apply i'm sure we could talk about adding more teachers. Hiring would be up to Merrick in the end though.

The Klondikiest Bar

some unimportant gal
Credits
19.479cr
SneksAreTheBest
SneksAreTheBest
Patron 7
Username: SneksAreTheBest
Character Name: Kani Sarlotte
IC Letter:

A letter would be sent by phoenix to address listed.

Hello Mister Merrick Merrigold and other faculty of the academy, my name is Kani Sarlotte. While I am too old to enroll as a student here, I would enjoy helping teaching. I am a practiced herbalist, master of medicinal alchemy, master of taming, and practiced medic and surgeon. I hope I can be of any use to your team! I currently stay at the Spirit Hospital, if you wish to have in an interview.
Sincerely,

Kani Sarlotte

Phantom

Cat Herder
Team Leader
Lore Team
Credits
11.423cr
DatPhantom
DatPhantom
Patron 3
Application Form:
Username: DatPhantom [Tree_]
Character Name: Elizabeth Artorius [Luca Dupont]
IC Letter:

Dear Headmaster Merrigold,

My little brothers are very excited to attend the academy, and I would like my little brother Luca DuPont to attend along with his sibling. Timothy was so excited he had written his own letter, and I do hope you take the time to accept them both.

Much appreciation,
Elizabeth Artorius

Did you fill in the Quiz?: yh he did

StarGlaze

Credits
64.344cr
StarGlaze
StarGlaze
Patron 4
Application Form:

Username:
StarGlaze
Character Name: Desmond Morgenstern
IC Letter:

To Whom it May Concern,

My name is Desmond Annex-Morgenstern. My mother was Selene Morgenstern, an ex-vallah who spent the last two decades of her life making the world a better place for me and my brother to live in. While I am no longer able to locate her, I do not plan on letting her work follow. I look at this academy, and I see an opportunity to carry on what she started. If you would have me, I pledge my complete devotion and loyalty to this academy in exchange. I take most interest in Professor de Noctis' History course and Professor Merrigold's Spirits course. Though I will turn down no opportunity given. I look forward to hearing back from you and I thank you for taking the time to read through my letter.

With Sincerity,
Desmond Morgenstern.

Did you fill in the Quiz? Yes.

Cukie1

Credits
15.475cr
Cukie1
Cukie1
Patron 2
Username: NemeiaTempest / SocialCaterpillar
Character Name: Aster and Atreus Mal'arn
IC Letter:

To the Merrigolds,

Firstly, I thank you for the opportunity to give me such a lovely job, but this is about my children. I would like for them to learn and progress within the academy, where they can be in a safe learning environment. I wish for them to progress their magical arts and mundane arts, as well. They have their quirks and may choose different classes, though I would like for a few classes to be together, they are quite attached.

With Wishes of Love and Prosperity,
Lillium Mal'arn

Did you fill in the Quiz?: Aster has, Atreus has not

@Roze told me to do it, even though they're ALREADY ENROLLED

MoonCake

MoonMoon
Credits
50.102cr
0MoonCake0
0MoonCake0
Patron 5
Application Form
Username:
NebulaCreme
Character Name: Maars Annex-Morgenstern
IC Letter:

To the faculty of Vallis,

Besides the fact that all of my friends are attending, I'm interested in enrolling for the sake of learning practical things outside of just combat training. Magic isn't really my thing, but learning is and that's what I'm aiming for with this enrollment.

Thanks,
Maars Annex-Morgenstern

Did you fill in the Quiz?: Yes.

Isopod

Whitelisted
Credits
12.689cr
RealIsopodHours
RealIsopodHours
Whitelisted
Username: RealIsopodHours
Character name: Ambyr Elise Merino
IC Letter:

To Vallis Academy,

I would like to learn more about what lies in the various components of magic, despite not having much prior knowledge of it.
Considering the various areas that intrigue me, this school would be opening a door for me to be able to begin my studies, and
hopefully in the future make a name for myself.

Thank you.

Did you fill in the Quiz?: Yes

Sybbyl

Custom Items Team
Custom Items Team
Credits
17.150cr
Sybbyl
Sybbyl
Patron 6
Username: Sybbyl4
Character Name: Evangelinn Maernis
IC Letter:

==============================================
* The one who receives these letters would find a rather nice piece of parchment that has been slightly crumpled, and was folded a few different times while attempts to fit it into the envelope were made. The writing is childish, and perhaps a little hard to read, smudged in one or two places. *

Hi,

My name is Evangelinn and people said theres a school for lerning stuff. I want to sign up for that if I can please. I dont really have a ma or a pa to sign me up but if i need to I can as[smudge] uncle Archi. [attempts to erase here, smudging] it sounds like it wood be fun and i havnt been to school before.

thanks I hope you say yes

Evangelin

Sorry I dont know how to spell my last name its really weird.
==============================================

Did you fill in the Quiz?: yes!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 2, Guests: 1)

Top Bottom