✠ The Wyvern's Odyssey ✠ | [IC Book] (1 Viewer)

Tybalt

Mad Dog Mattis
Faction Team: Builds
Credits
382.674cr
HumpFries123
HumpFries123
Patron 5
cat-altgotisch.png
Divider.png

1445274cb4139d12d28b99aafedd7088.jpg

• The Sanctus Infinium's Codex: In the endless pages of the Oracle Tiberius Rhett de Leon's grimiore.
  • The First Edition: In the personal library of Lord General Sigmund var Kohlcrave
  • The Konig's and Rieksheer Assembly Libraries in the Lion's Den castle in Highmeadow
  • The Highmeadow Public Library

Bottom Divider.png

[Introduction]
Since the fall of the Imperium of Man the name Kohlcrave have seldom found its name etched down in any historical text. The Kohlcrave line has been quiet throughout the passage of time since we emerged into this new world. However quiet as they may be the remnants of the Great House still remains in the world. Living in the shadow of his predecessors, Lord Sigmund var Kohlcrave now takes up the mantle of Patriarch of his House. He holds the title of Landgrave of North Casimir and has served the Reiklands as their Lord General since the Reign of the Amadors and now into the Reign of the Maddocs.

So while this tale is no grand story of conquest of old, I do find it of great worth to my nephew Sigmund. Here is written a Heilig tale chronicling the story of Miranda var Kohlcrave and the brave Hestark men of Miklagard who followed her on her quest to discover the Heatstroke of this world. And that of the Lord General Sigmund as he embarks on his quest to uncover his legacy and step from it’s shadow.

Bottom Divider.png

[ Chapter I - The Temple of Rhotep ]

Sigmund’s journey began as any other. His travels led him to hear whispers of the lost relic, Heatstroke. Whispers in the sands and humble volk. Between his journeys expanding far and wide. He finally heard word that the lands of the desert should be it's destination. Perhaps in rumor yet he knew. And once the Lord General knew of the weapons existence in this realm he knew where Miranda Kolchrave would be. And so the Kohlcrave road. The man sent word before his arrival and brought gifts of grand design to the Queen Lucrece. He brought jewelry and lavish paintings of Miklagard to first and foremost greet a distant relative and open up ties and friendly relationship. He brought word of trade between Casimir, offering Riches and Gold for mutual benefit and prosperity and once that business had concluded. He had asked onto her a personal favour: To search her lands for the remains of his Aunt. Many had deemed it a foolish errand, others had thought it unlikely that the Imperium and Kolchraves were the first outlanders to roam those sands and bring to it fire. Yet he knew within his heart as I know thine own hand for it to have been true. And so the Reiklander General spoke with the Florentian Kommandant, Thaddeus, A man of Florentia beholding wisdom of the sands. He proposed a likely destination where Heatstroke and Miranda should lie and the condition set upon him by the Florentian Queen was for her peoples attendance in our Expedition and adventure.

And so the first chapter of Sigmund and his party’s journey began. A quiet approach to the Temple of Rhotep nestled between two bluffs where the desert meets the mesa. Parts of the upper level of the structure had given away to the elements and a path had to be cleared of the sands to enter the main chamber. There was truly little of note initially. Only two inert Golems stood sentry which only came to life when a Riekland Rekrut tapped it with her blade. A shame they sprung to life at such perceived hostile gesture and were quickly reduced to heaps of metal.

Inside we were greated by the main chamber, a cobweb and bone infested mass burial of Rhaktari and Imperial fallen footmen. Scorch marks littered their bodies and beneath their remains the sand had turned to glass. The first fears was that Miranda had met her fate at this very spot and such the first glimpse into her journey was made.

GoslynnDIVIDER.thumb.png.1658cca443f7b6d0d1207956d9280913.png
[ Vision I ]

Yelling of Heilig men could be heard from inside the Temple of Rhotep. Barking orders to enter the temple and to hold the doors. The Miklagard expeditionaries entered the temple one by one to seek shelter. From the entrance the sound that signified an intense skirmish could be heard of steel clashing upon steel. Above the clamor occasionally a reptilian cry of the Rhaktari could be heard or the dying shouts of a Hestark soldier.

All Heilig men till the cry of a woman was heard. Stumbling through the doorway entered a wounded Miranda Kohlcrave with an arrow protruding from her chestplate. Kohlcrave blood spilling from the protrusion. “Keep that damn door held, it’s here, I know it!” , was the first words she barked at her men as she waded through with blood still dripping from her chest.

The men did as they were commanded and Miranda ran to the room at the back of the temple. For several minutes the distant echoes of battle was heard from the central chamber and then the Rhaktari broke through and the slaughter began. The sound of a grave being opened was heard and stones from the chamber’s roof began to fall. From the back of the room a flaming sword erupts as Lady Miranda made her appearance. The Heilig expeditionaries that had accompanied her were cut down to their last and all that stood between the Lady now and freedom was but three Rhaktari footmen. They make their charge and the Kohlcrave Matriarch unleashed the power of Heatstroke in the middle of the room scorching every pillar and stone the flames touched as they took hold of the Rhaktari’s flesh and incinerated them, rendering their flesh to ash.

All was quiet. Safe from the incursion she took a sigh of relief and spit into the soot laden ground and went back into the tomb before reemerging, scavenging supplies, and departed back out into the desert sands. Leaving the temple to remain dark and silent until our arrival half a century later.

With the discover that Miranda had indeed escape death and was not amongst the dead. Immediately the Sentinel of Morto, Goslynn Askeladden had begun removal of his fallen kinsmen from the Temple to be brought back to Highmeadow and given proper recognition and burial rights. The Lord General went further inside as had his Aunt and discovered a map believed to be left behind by the old Matriarch. From the Temple of Rhotep, it was clear the next leg was to venture the Reikswald and head south to the Casimir Peninsula, the Aversian journey ending in an undiscovered location known to man. From this final Aversian destination a line was drawn to Aestiatia with a single blank drawn circle.
Bottom Divider.png
Castle Divider.png

Attachments

Last edited:

Tybalt

Mad Dog Mattis
Credits
382.674cr
HumpFries123
HumpFries123
Patron 5
Divider.png

Ostland.jpg

Bottom Divider.png

[ Chapter II - The Reikswald Forest ]
[ The Twenty-Eighth of Sunsept, Cladimber A.E. Year 19 ]

Late into the night Sigmund’s party of Rieklander soldaten ventured into the northern Reikswald forest accompanied by a handful of Divine blessed, being Lady Quince Jain, Sir Drake Annex, Lady Seraphina Rhett de Leon, and myself. I had never personally been to this wood but it is known to hold many ancient mysteries and otherworldly powers. A general danger to the Reiksvolk. The forest itself seemed to reject our presence. The thicket of pine trees were tall and tight it made navigating the woods more of a challenge the more one were to pierce further.

Luckily my nephew could not have found a better wayfinder. The renowned Quince Jain spearheaded the party with the map found in the first leg of Sigmund’s expedition. She successfully guided us through the woods, (Even though there may have been a mishap involving old rope traps left behind by Miranda’s or the Rhaktari’s party).

As we came closer to our destination it was Squire Dagna that had picked up on the sounds of splashing from a nearby lake. Opposed to the constant ambience of cincaides that plagued the woods, The water of the lake was peaceful, quiet, and pristine. On the far side of this lake the silhouette of Miranda’s abandoned camp was revealed by moonlight.

The initial investigation of the campsite revealed it had been abandoned for more than half a century's worth of time. Skeletal corpse of Heilig Imperial Soldaten alongside a single Rhaktari corpse were laid about. It was clear that this was their final resting place. The Heilig men received their final rites and received a typical Kolchravian funeral by pyre and fire. While the men of the Reiklands were putting to rest their brethren, it was then that I peered once more into the past to see Miranda’s journey.

[ Vision II ]
As time turned back on itself it was an interesting affair watching the seasonal snows grow upon the ground and then return back to the skies. This happened for about fifty cycles until any sign of the Heilig party came to view. A battered and somewhat wounded band of Imperials managed to set up their camp by the banks of the lake. The men were on edge but at the least seemed relaxed. With Miranda keeping watch she barked orders to the soldats to begin setting up tents. Over the course of the next few days the men began to cut down timber for what I could only assume to build a small ship.

The world had been harsh on Miranda and her men. After days of peace the usually stalwart Imperials had their guard down as they went to sleep, believing there was no need to keep watch. On that night fate had other plans in store. Luckily for Miranda, of all things to save her...she had a stuffy nose and was not a peaceful sleeper. She walked to the lakeside to wash her face before she heard a rattle in the trees. Immediately the woman reached for Heatstroke that hanged at her hip. Before she manages to call the Heilig people to arms three of the Rhaktari appeared from the bushes and began their assault with zealous screams of war. As they engaged the Kohlcrave party Miranda would manage only to kill one of them while the other two ran into the tents and killed two sleeping Imperials. The ambush was small and was easily repelled. After the heat of conflict settled unease once more settled in amongst the men and none went back to sleep that night.

As dawn breaks it is revealed only six of Miranda’s original group remains. Without time to bury their dead, Miranda gives the order to load the timber and they began the steady march North towards the coastline.

It was a lengthy vision having to go back a half a century and left me tired. After we discerned the past The Wayfinder Quince lit the old campfire and we all went our separate ways to the tents and watch shifts. It was then that my wife and I had noticed an oddity. A blue substance that arced out in a lightning shape had formed where I performed my Divination. Every minute that passed it pulsed brighter and the lightning arcs crept outwards across the ground. So we went to inspect the site and Lady Rhett intuitively suggest it was a Time tear much how mages spells cause veil tears. This caused me great stress as I have never experienced such when scrying but of course upon inspection Seraphina was proven correct in her assumptions. I willed my relic to my hand and shattered the tear.

Yet the oddities did not stop there. The moon began to hang still in the sky. Saint Drake Annex and Lady Gylmerra seemed to be stuck in loops of time at first. They had explored the edges of the lake but once reaching a point their movements would stutter and put them back to where they were a few seconds before and this repeated.

It was then that it was uncovered this was not going to be the peaceful expedition we had expected. The Lord General’s Huscarl,Vadim Barislov experienced a Phantom pain in his gut which was immediately seen to by the healers in our party but there was no wound visible. Then Armastice felt the piercing pain in his shoulder. The party quickly began to seek out answers. Seraphina looked to the campfire with Divine sight and had she not we may have all died that day. To her eyes she saw all of our souls laying on the ground by the fire and one more that walked about them.

It was in this moment that she relayed this that She saw Vadim’s soul raise lift into the air and the man disappeared before all of our eyes. We were all experiencing a group illusion. Frantically we searched for answers to wake ourselves including laying down atop our souls but in a stroke of genius it was guessed that when Quince lit the fire the spell or Alchemical took it’s hold. We extinguished the flames but not quite in time. We awakened to Squire Dagna being impaled in the gut by a single Rhaktari. Of course it fled and I gave chase and tackled it down with Drake impaling it with a trident. What ensued from there was of little importance other than tempers of what to do with the Rhaktari but in the end divine intervention was needed by the Ascended to keep him alive for Interrogation.

As it was here that I began to believe Chronomancy was at work as there was no way the Rhaktari that pursued Miranda waited sixty years for our arrival. Nor do I believe they chose to settle in the Reikswald. Either our arrival was scryed and they returned or a Rhaktari was sent ahead in time to catch us.

Bottom Divider.png

[ Interrogation ]
The next sept I had enlisted the help of Archmagus Mikael Merrigold to pry open the Rhaktari’s mind in the cells of Highmeadow. It was a short affair extracting his memories. Though as soon as the procedure began the prisoner used his own poison to take his own life to prevent what he could from being discovered.

Though what was recovered is the following described scene. There was a small Rhaktari squadron of four near the Riekswald. Three were just like him with a basic shield and scaled bodies though the fourth was special. She was Albino with crimson red eyes and pure silky white scales. She wore a crown gilded with garnet. She appeared to be dispatching orders to protect the campsite while sending others to cover their tracks. Specific words were spoken “Do not let them find out the fate of the human woman.”

If we did not know time was manipulated by those words, when she turned we knew for certain. Upon the Rhaktari’s woman’s hand was a White Hourglass, the same as the All-Father’s mark that was bestowed upon myself. Perhaps the woman that was hindering us Today, that also pursued Miranda sixty years prior, was not a Chronomancer but another Servant of The Guardian of Eternity.

Bottom Divider.png
Castle Divider.png

Tybalt

Mad Dog Mattis
Credits
382.674cr
HumpFries123
HumpFries123
Patron 5
Divider.png

356194f38754727c82b2250802a9c634.jpg

Bottom Divider.png

[ Chapter III - Ylve Alari ]
[ The Fourth of Sunsept, Simber A.E Year 20 ]

A week after the interrogation of the Rhaktari spearmen Sigmund’s journey brought our party to the Folset side of the Casimir Peninsula to an old Elven ruin charted in the White Palace Archives as Ylve Alari. The secluded spring was abundant with flora and fauna. The most notable of which were the colossal lily pads that dotted the surface of the lake. They were large enough to hold a full grown man in full armour. Large pointed white marbled arches and half rubbled spires indicated that this was another submerged elven ruin. To the south of the lake was a collapsed entrance to the Elven ruin while at the center of the lake was a remarkably intact elven colonnade in the shape of a rotunda. The only indication that it was a monument to the elves of the past rather than present was the telltale signs of weathering against the marble and a small cave in of the doomed roof.

Like most elven ruins and sites in general we were greeted first by a puzzle. There was no way to navigate the lake save for one puzzle of lily pads with arcane symbols marking their tops. The symbol of a leaf, mountain, water, the flame, and an ingot. These had to be touched in order of the flame, water, leaf, mountain and ingot. Once the symbols were lit to mortal touch a path of lily pads manifested so we could reach the rotunda.

Upon arrival we were greeted by a single Ancient elven man whom we would later learn was quite deserving of the title of Ancient. His name was Jahariel, and was known to the Elven Empire of Old as the Shaman of the Four Elements. He was the last of his kind and had been bound to these ancient ruins that was his home for over five millennia since the last of his kin died. For an offering of food we heard his story and was given the answers of Miranda that we sought.

So written here is the Elf Jahariel’s testament,

“Long ago, the elves carried themselves as a mighty empire. During the height of the Elven Golden Age a great mage known simply as Arandiel came to power as the strongest Archmage the world had ever seen. His voice alone was capable of driving the very lands to part at his words. The sorcerer was capable of speaking the ancient language of the first Folk, Fey. Only a dozen or more people know that language at any given time.

But sadly, he was not just a man, nor a hard working man, nor a humble one. He was arrogant, powerful, and vengeful. He took the empire down with him in the end after he was denied the role of ‘Wizard King’ to try and usurp the Emperor. For this slight he unleashed a massive tsunami against mortalkind, aiming to bury the world under a torrent of water.

The elves for their advancements in technology and prowess in the arcane arts were able to direct the Tsunami to us alone. And so many of us were drowned, destroyed, our civilization wiped beneath the waves. This place was my home… I am known as the Shaman of the Four Elements, Jahariel. I was able to preserve our homes. Our ruins, now. Like this one.

We did not last long when the humans came after and wipe us out for the atrocity that man committed. They would not listen to us..they did not care nor did they believe that we alone had saved the world. So we were slaughtered, genocided , until this was all that remained.

Five-thousand years since that day when the last ancient elf other than myself died.”

It was after the elf's story that my attention went to Sigmund. He was still and his jaw tightened while remaining eerily silent. Perhaps his discomfort was not sensed by most. Though to those of us who knew the History of his dynasty would know that his family too was reknowned for xenophobia and retribution on a racial scale akin to genocide. The Iron Will and Resolve to conquer and reign for the greater good of humankind is a must. All must raise their gaze and give the Kohlcrave Dynasty the acknowledgment and applause they deserve for their achievements of unifying mankind to stand against Aestatia and Absence, though at the same time we must recognize the faults of their irrational unnecessary actions and hatred that went well beyond what was necessary to rule. Such is a stain upon their Dynasty that Sigmund will have to overcome in a post-Imperium world which had not forgotten their own lives and trials under their old liege.

It was after this silence that Medicus Armstice had inquired about their dead.

“All across the Southern World. The deserts, the swamps, the forests, the plains. Our civilization was once splayed across the world itself, but all that remains that was not destroyed by the humans is the south, where goblins infested. They didn’t think it was worth the men to dig them out to wipe out the rest of our culture. They believed that we tried to destroy the world.. When in truth, we prevented it’s death, prevented Arandiel from drowning it.

But I suppose you have given me enough food to answer your question. Miranda was here...she sought answers I did not have a long time ago. She asked why the Snake people tried to kill her.. Why they chased her. I really didn’t know the answer.. but she did tell me where she was going, incase someone one day came looking. She went back to the desert to kill the Rhaktari. So they would stop chasing her. She reminded me alot of the old humans. Vengeful-angry.. Without much reason but the crimson flame of anger.”

When asked by Lord General Sigmund about what else his Aunt had spoke of he was told,

“ She spoke of many things. She spoke about her world, and how they ruled like emperors. They wiped out lesser races, and so on. How they reveled in ‘glory’ and other such things from it. “

That would conclude our outing on the peninsula, we would return to Highmeadow to reflect and planned to return once more to the desert in search for the Rhaktari tribe and their Queen.

Bottom Divider.png
Castle Divider.png

Tybalt

Mad Dog Mattis
Credits
382.674cr
HumpFries123
HumpFries123
Patron 5
Divider.png

Temple_Facade.jpg

Bottom Divider.png
[ Chapter IV - The Rhaktari Kingdom, Conclusion ]
Unfortunately the political climate at the time forced the author’s absence during this leg of Lord Sigmund’s reclamation of heritage though details have been given by first hand accounts by the Lord General himself.

The Lord General and the Queen Lucreze Duval made it to the last stronghold of the Rhaktari Kingdom in the desert. It was revealed here by the Rhaktari Oracle that Miranda had met her journey and life’s end in the desert sands. Rather than slaughter the last of the tribe Sigmund chose to let the Rhaktari be.

Fate would not be so kind to them as soon the Great Split approached. The Cultists of the Brass Chalice, descended would butcher the remainder of the Rhaktari in their home. This was likely to prevent any meddling in their ritual to awaken Rohanna in the Eastern Verseivian Mountains. The Lord General would return after learning of this slaughter and recover Heatstroke before the servants of the Mad Goddess could.

This recovery of heritage would be short lived. The Lord General in a few tsels would lead the charge for Veltes Great plan. In a brief conflict in the Western Swamplands of the continent Sigmund would make a decision to strike down his aunt in the same movement he struck down another one of these beasts. For killing the Ascended Heatstroke was confiscated by its creator, Erika and has since been removed from our realm.

This marks the end of my documentation of Miranda and Sigmund Kohlcrave’s travels in the Wyvern’s Journey.

Bottom Divider.png

Castle Divider.png

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Top Bottom