• Aethier will be updating to 1.14.4 On January 1st 2020. Beta Testing and Map development for the new server will be announced at a later date.

2015 Content Survey (1 Viewer)

Serethia

The Owner and Founder of Aethier
Team Leader
Founder
Developer
Lore Team
Credits
55.145cr
NiNjAiKoToBa
NiNjAiKoToBa
So its time once again~

What do you all want to see in 2015. We're looking for new and interesting ideas, as-well as what you all want to see such as race changes, things you want rid of, mechanic differences and so on.

If there is something you dont like, tell us. Something you want changing, tell us, Something new, i think you get the idea.. but dont limit yourself to one. Tell us everything~ I'll make time to read through it.

You're not going to get in trouble, so speak your mind, whatever it is~!

Oh and to encourage people to submit their thoughts, we will be giving out patron crates to anyone who puts forward their thoughts and feelings. (Maybe multiple depending on what you give us, so go wild!)

@Wake @BowDuim @Silvertread @freyadavis Go wild you guys, I'm just making sure you see this thread.

As for myself, I'm making this a placeholder to be replaced with a wall of text once I type it all up, which might take a while. XD

[Edit]: Wall Of Text is COMPLETE!

First things first I'd like to say that I wish mainly for our server to flourish in 2015, for more new faces to pop up all over the place and for everyone to have fun. However besides this I do have some ideas.

1) Sponge, I doubt anyone but NiNi will know what I'm on about here but if Aethier could get the whole SpongePowered thing when it's up and running, so we could get our own server-custom mods and stuff, it would be fantastic.

2) For the Players to do more. I know the point of this thread was mainly for the staff but I felt I had to say it. Even if most of you aren't staff you can still do things. Make fun events, be it simple fun ones like a tea party everyone is invited to or scary ones like a zombie-infested family crypt. I realize I haven't done many of these either but when I made my first; and last, event with Freya in like march this year hardly anybody attended. You guys need to be better at this for 2015 to be a brighter year.

3) More lore stuff. Literally anything. This partly ties into part 2, I've seen some amazing lore submissions by you guys so just keep at it. As for the lore team themselves I'd love to see Magic evolve more fully, and the inclusion of new continents and kingdoms like the new southern piratey one, and of course maybe a slight tilt towards allowing Eastern content.

4) This point may be a little random/off topic but I felt I had to say it, more for ourselves as a community. We need to play more games!

I get that alot of you don't have much time, and I don't want to draw anyone away from the main server, but even things such as the factions server are hardly ever used. At times we've had servers for games such as Starbound and yet hardly anyone used them. I'd love to see more of our community in further widespread areas.

So yeah, that's my wall of text. Thanks for reading.

Last edited by a moderator:

Sandshaper

It's the sandman.
Credits
50.000cr
Alright! I'm felling good about this upcoming year though~ I know lore is clogged up a bit but it's got some great stuff in there and or in the works and I think everyone would love to see more come out~ though I think everything here is going fine, and knowing a bit but not really of what's upcoming I can say I can hardly wait! Though yes I'd love to as I'm sure plenty of other people see mp, and our other odds start to work together~ but that's hardly on this side.

PS.PS.

(Please please please take tnt out of crates ;~; I've got a stack and a half out of crates and I can't do a thing with it)

B

Banned User

Hurr...I'd like not to be constantly reminded OOCly and RPly that we are on 10% of Aethius and our lives are worthless.

I keep getting reminded this on a regular basis.

Ryuko keeps telling me it's possible to find things that lore doesn't reveal by travelling and doing things without hint.

^ Stop saying we can do things when you know you don't trust us to do so.

I'm trying to enjoy myself, but being reminded I'm a failure via false accusations or misunderstandings is NOT enjoyable.

Thank you.

-Sent from IpadIpad

ArtCraft

Credits
50.000cr
For those of us who cant get on as consistantly due to work restraints and school and the like, It's hard to get into serious rp. I know this is more of an issue with the fact that we cant always be on, rather than the server itself, but it'd be nice if someone could come up with a way to possibly make ooc constraints not too limiting to the players

Serethia

The Owner and Founder of Aethier
Team Leader
Founder
Developer
Lore Team
Credits
55.145cr
NiNjAiKoToBa
NiNjAiKoToBa
\ said:
For those of us who cant get on as consistantly due to work restraints and school and the like, It's hard to get into serious rp. I know this is more of an issue with the fact that we cant always be on, rather than the server itself, but it'd be nice if someone could come up with a way to possibly make ooc constraints not too limiting to the players
i'm not too sure i understand how .-.

DeliciousDessert

Dogg-Cow not for sale.
Credits
50.000cr
DeliciousDessert
DeliciousDessert
Patron 3
There's many odd questions and ultra-specific points that not often need to be clarified but are usually buggy, be it on OOC or IC matters, so maybe an IAC section (Infrequently Asked Questions) in each of the important forum sections, or in one BIG thread, could be done in time? This would be mostly for clarification purposes and those people who're often confused on a specific matter that they would like to know the answer of. Not sure if it'd be a good idea, but I'm just saying.

\ said:
There's many odd questions and ultra-specific points that not often need to be clarified but are usually buggy, be it on OOC or IC matters, so maybe an IAC section (Infrequently Asked Questions) in each of the important forum sections, or in one BIG thread, could be done in time? This would be mostly for clarification purposes and those people who're often confused on a specific matter that they would like to know the answer of. Not sure if it'd be a good idea, but I'm just saying.
You could just make a thread like that yourself you know?

Or I could make it.. but I don't know what these questions are.

DeliciousDessert

Dogg-Cow not for sale.
Credits
50.000cr
DeliciousDessert
DeliciousDessert
Patron 3
With the recent update to Vallah, I thought of all the other gods that could also have blessings/curses but don't have one, like Sol himself, for example. I say it's the blessings for each god because of Bahari, Vikret and Ombra, they have the Blessing of the Waves, Emever and Vallah Curse respectively.

I thought that seeing other gods have their own blessings/curses that are a representation of each god (or the majority, some of them wouldn't make sense having a blessing or curse, IE Domm, I'm not sure if he'd have a blessing or curse since he's the god of smithing and forges, but someone like Vassas, who could give a blessing AND curse, depending in how you look into it, that locks your lifespan, or a blessing from Arvora, where you can link spiritually with plant life, or something similar.

Just a thought I had, not sure if it'd be a great idea since there's obviously always potential for abuse with each blessing/curse put in. A testament and evidence to this is the case with the Ardent Lucem and Ignis Ira, where people sought power instead of development (and I would've loved to see development with the Ignis Ira done the right way). Though with new blessings and curses, they -could- be focused on development instead of power or something like that, that way there is less potential for abuse.

Any thoughts on the matter?

Brolific

Absolute Legend
Credits
50.000cr
\ said:
With the recent update to Vallah, I thought of all the other gods that could also have blessings/curses but don't have one, like Sol himself, for example. I say it's the blessings for each god because of Bahari, Vikret and Ombra, they have the Blessing of the Waves, Emever and Vallah Curse respectively.I thought that seeing other gods have their own blessings/curses that are a representation of each god (or the majority, some of them wouldn't make sense having a blessing or curse, IE Domm, I'm not sure if he'd have a blessing or curse since he's the god of smithing and forges, but someone like Vassas, who could give a blessing AND curse, depending in how you look into it, that locks your lifespan, or a blessing from Arvora, where you can link spiritually with plant life, or something similar.

Just a thought I had, not sure if it'd be a great idea since there's obviously always potential for abuse with each blessing/curse put in. A testament and evidence to this is the case with the Ardent Lucem and Ignis Ira, where people sought power instead of development (and I would've loved to see development with the Ignis Ira done the right way). Though with new blessings and curses, they -could- be focused on development instead of power or something like that, that way there is less potential for abuse.

Any thoughts on the matter?
I like the idea of more blessings and such but only a few. Because once you get so many blessings it won't be that special anymore/

DeliciousDessert

Dogg-Cow not for sale.
Credits
50.000cr
DeliciousDessert
DeliciousDessert
Patron 3
Aye, that's why not all the gods would have a blessing or curse each (assuming blessings and curses are god-based), and only some of them make sense for them to have one. Getting a blessing itself isn't as easy as one would think, too, so the number of characters that actually have motive and would get the blessings is very low

B

Banned User

It's about time @Wake does what Wake does best....and that is tell you exactly what we need and find out you already got it, but haven't touched it enough to make it stick to the wall which is known as Aethier.

The last four months, I've been tired sick of doing nothing. Sitting on my backside. Lana is currently sat in a cave, not even knowing Christmas is happening.

Players are wondering around doing things from time to time- people have power in places.....

@Harry.D has worked hard to build the most beautiful city and naval fleet, making his religion known and lands expansive. Good job~!

@Light has become King, surrounded by the mystical island of Dy'lamere with Scholar Fryx writing knowledge of great value, @Ryuko insulting those he hates and mages springing up and waving their hands about, learning.

Then we.....

Oh. We are out of ideas. Well that's the problem. Harry has his city, Enur and Mages have their Aversus, @Duncan Steelfist has his city, @Miss Plums and @Jeroxia have their islands, Akurons have their fort- We got money, we got land, we got knowledge- What do we need? Well after a talk with @NiNi , I know exactly what we need.

We need a purpose.

I've based this theory around Lana, whom has nothing but a cave full of books and rambles, money....yet has no purpose, nothing to spend, nothing to write for...

...And what greater purpose then to have a common enemy?

"But Waker, we have a lot of enemies!"

Let me show you what is wrong, in the vision of Waker.

King Lami...Lamia....Lameria....of the East? - Little is known about this King of the Magical East other then he has everything. Or it might be a she. They won't bother us because they have their own Spirit Tree, their own army of master mages- they would crush us and we'd rebel- but suffer MANY losses.

Spiders - Pests. Kill 'em, move on.

Black Council - Outlawed Necromancers whom are quite understood. They have liches, undead and giant floaty tentacle things. In the Belmonte Reign, we whiped their backsides when they attacked Sonaris with unexpalined Portals. They made skirmishes on Auvrea and Katherine now and again, but no books were wrote. Hell, there was even a Plague once, but that was easily forgotten when we drank the blood of a dead Necromancer and cured it. . .....ew.

Edeline Pirates and Civil War Kings - Sod 'em. Let them fight their own war in Edeline while we relax in Aversus. We MIGHT consider writing books.

See a trend? No common enemy. Nothing we can root for, nothing we shout about, nothing extreme, nothing powerful that isn't magical or vast in numbers!

We need someone who we can get behind that isn't exactly an Event Character.

Yes, yes, Finis went mad with the Lich....but he did good!

He made you scream! He made you fearful! He made you rage! That feeling of pure awesomeness! It was only OOC troubles that stopped you all from advancing a union, forming an army and whiping his backside like we did the Black Council in Sonaris, no?

We need a foe. Mortal. Gained power through proper development. Is either male or female, still somewhat normal. And they need 2 things:

1) A good side. I have two examples of BRILLIANT characters whom were villains and both had purpose- Good sides. They did what they did because they were doing good. For this, we can respect them, either OOCly or RPly.

Here they are:

The first, Ulysses. Developed through the mentions of the Main Storyline and all the DLC's from Fallout: New Vegas until you face him in the final DLC of Fallout: NV eve made; Lonesome Road.

Ulysses isn't per say evil. I respect him because the Courier, the character you play's backstory was that you delivered a device to the Lonesome Road's location that blew it up, rendering your character evil. And thus, Ulysses wishes to shoot nukes at the faction known as the NCR (New Californian Republic) because they "fly a flag they don't know the history of". They fight for their own gain, being corrupted...and Ulysses wants to shoot these nukes because he feels it is morally correct for history.

Secondly, Kurvira, from the TV legend, Avatar: Legend of Korra Season 4. She is the main foe, and does indeed go mad with power near the end- though with good intent to begin with. Her own development was from a faction of metalbenders, she was the captain of the guard for one of the falling Earth Kingdom's cities. When she realied how bad things got, she went to the Earth Kingdom's capital without the permission of the Cities owner to make law and order, which she did, alongside advancements in technology and military. She fought because her Kingdom was going to fall apart into chaos if she didn't!

It was only at the end of the season when she began to lose it, but reguardless, her famous quote before fighting the Avatar was:

"People of the Earth Republic. I would not ask you to do something I would not do myself."

This brings me to my next point, number 2.

2) The foe will be a common enemy of Aversus. However, like the Assassin's Creed Templars and Assassins, certain players will be given the option, if they prove themselves useful, with or without magical ability, fighting ability, scholarship ability, able minds, ect.

They may be offered a chance from the common foe to join them, rendering competition and, for once, a real threat.

To stop all players from going to one side, there needs to be a conflict in interests of the two "Aversus and Foe" that would make some players able to join the foe....but only if the foe, the staff team and event teams, allow it.

These are not feats someone (unless your name is lightdread9) can raise alone without aid from the staff / events team.

There was a third (3) point, but NiN told me to keep it hush hush. So I will.

So yes. We need a foe. Someone we can respect OOCly or RPly, someone who gained their powers WITHOUT backstory and REAL actions! Someone who is seemingly good to some people, and if the "foe" takes a liking to someone, they will be able to join that "foe" of Aversus.

Events will be made~ Extreme ones. And the events and stories should have the effect of cities crumbling, money being spent, Council arguing, people debating, worshipping, fighting, and after, books being wrote for history! Statues being made of HEROES and FOES! We /need/ someone who will put a story arc in place that is....AMAZING!

...All this....

...From a theory....of a blonde, ancient woman.....sat sad and angry of the world outside.....regularly washing her blonde hair and red dress.

This. Is what the server needs.

DeliciousDessert

Dogg-Cow not for sale.
Credits
50.000cr
DeliciousDessert
DeliciousDessert
Patron 3
\ said:
It's about time @Wake does what Wake does best....and that is tell you exactly what we need and find out you already got it, but haven't touched it enough to make it stick to the wall which is known as Aethier.The last four months, I've been tired sick of doing nothing. Sitting on my backside. Lana is currently sat in a cave, not even knowing Christmas is happening.

Players are wondering around doing things from time to time- people have power in places.....

@Harry.D has worked hard to build the most beautiful city and naval fleet, making his religion known and lands expansive. Good job~!

@Light has become King, surrounded by the mystical island of Dy'lamere with Scholar Fryx writing knowledge of great value, @Ryuko insulting those he hates and mages springing up and waving their hands about, learning.

Then we.....

Oh. We are out of ideas. Well that's the problem. Harry has his city, Enur and Mages have their Aversus, @Duncan Steelfist has his city, @Miss Plums and @Jeroxia have their islands, Akurons have their fort- We got money, we got land, we got knowledge- What do we need? Well after a talk with @NiNi , I know exactly what we need.

We need a purpose.

I've based this theory around Lana, whom has nothing but a cave full of books and rambles, money....yet has no purpose, nothing to spend, nothing to write for...

...And what greater purpose then to have a common enemy?

"But Waker, we have a lot of enemies!"

Let me show you what is wrong, in the vision of Waker.

King Lami...Lamia....Lameria....of the East? - Little is known about this King of the Magical East other then he has everything. Or it might be a she. They won't bother us because they have their own Spirit Tree, their own army of master mages- they would crush us and we'd rebel- but suffer MANY losses.

Spiders - Pests. Kill 'em, move on.

Black Council - Outlawed Necromancers whom are quite understood. They have liches, undead and giant floaty tentacle things. In the Belmonte Reign, we whiped their backsides when they attacked Sonaris with unexpalined Portals. They made skirmishes on Auvrea and Katherine now and again, but no books were wrote. Hell, there was even a Plague once, but that was easily forgotten when we drank the blood of a dead Necromancer and cured it. . .....ew.

Edeline Pirates and Civil War Kings - Sod 'em. Let them fight their own war in Edeline while we relax in Aversus. We MIGHT consider writing books.

See a trend? No common enemy. Nothing we can root for, nothing we shout about, nothing extreme, nothing powerful that isn't magical or vast in numbers!

We need someone who we can get behind that isn't exactly an Event Character.

Yes, yes, Finis went mad with the Lich....but he did good!

He made you scream! He made you fearful! He made you rage! That feeling of pure awesomeness! It was only OOC troubles that stopped you all from advancing a union, forming an army and whiping his backside like we did the Black Council in Sonaris, no?

We need a foe. Mortal. Gained power through proper development. Is either male or female, still somewhat normal. And they need 2 things:

1) A good side. I have two examples of BRILLIANT characters whom were villains and both had purpose- Good sides. They did what they did because they were doing good. For this, we can respect them, either OOCly or RPly.

Here they are:

The first, Ulysses. Developed through the mentions of the Main Storyline and all the DLC's from Fallout: New Vegas until you face him in the final DLC of Fallout: NV eve made; Lonesome Road.

Ulysses isn't per say evil. I respect him because the Courier, the character you play's backstory was that you delivered a device to the Lonesome Road's location that blew it up, rendering your character evil. And thus, Ulysses wishes to shoot nukes at the faction known as the NCR (New Californian Republic) because they "fly a flag they don't know the history of". They fight for their own gain, being corrupted...and Ulysses wants to shoot these nukes because he feels it is morally correct for history.

Secondly, Kurvira, from the TV legend, Avatar: Legend of Korra Season 4. She is the main foe, and does indeed go mad with power near the end- though with good intent to begin with. Her own development was from a faction of metalbenders, she was the captain of the guard for one of the falling Earth Kingdom's cities. When she realied how bad things got, she went to the Earth Kingdom's capital without the permission of the Cities owner to make law and order, which she did, alongside advancements in technology and military. She fought because her Kingdom was going to fall apart into chaos if she didn't!

It was only at the end of the season when she began to lose it, but reguardless, her famous quote before fighting the Avatar was:

"People of the Earth Republic. I would not ask you to do something I would not do myself."

This brings me to my next point, number 2.

2) The foe will be a common enemy of Aversus. However, like the Assassin's Creed Templars and Assassins, certain players will be given the option, if they prove themselves useful, with or without magical ability, fighting ability, scholarship ability, able minds, ect.

They may be offered a chance from the common foe to join them, rendering competition and, for once, a real threat.

To stop all players from going to one side, there needs to be a conflict in interests of the two "Aversus and Foe" that would make some players able to join the foe....but only if the foe, the staff team and event teams, allow it.

These are not feats someone (unless your name is lightdread9) can raise alone without aid from the staff / events team.

There was a third (3) point, but NiN told me to keep it hush hush. So I will.

So yes. We need a foe. Someone we can respect OOCly or RPly, someone who gained their powers WITHOUT backstory and REAL actions! Someone who is seemingly good to some people, and if the "foe" takes a liking to someone, they will be able to join that "foe" of Aversus.

Events will be made~ Extreme ones. And the events and stories should have the effect of cities crumbling, money being spent, Council arguing, people debating, worshipping, fighting, and after, books being wrote for history! Statues being made of HEROES and FOES! We /need/ someone who will put a story arc in place that is....AMAZING!

...All this....

...From a theory....of a blonde, ancient woman.....sat sad and angry of the world outside.....regularly washing her blonde hair and red dress.

This. Is what the server needs.
I have to disagree slightly, I understand that some characters won't have purpose and this would benefit them, but not everyone's like that. To my understanding, there's people that just want to live and do their own things, they don't need more than that, they don't need a "Foe" or something like that, at least not for the moment

B

Banned User

These "own things" can be easily done, Sonic.

After all-

You can spend 118 hours doing your own thing. Spend two hours in events with said character. Take any game in existence. People do their own things while the main story or side stories happen in the background.

A prime example- The Civil War in Skyrim put on hold while the Dragonborn went and killed Alduin.

This foe, this lore, this story arc that effects everyone and everything will be nothing but a benefit in the long run. You can do your own thing.

No one is stopping you. Just to point- this guy or woman is doing his or her own thing too.

DeliciousDessert

Dogg-Cow not for sale.
Credits
50.000cr
DeliciousDessert
DeliciousDessert
Patron 3
What I mean to say is that I personally see no reason for a big foe like this if there are people who aren't looking for one. I might be wrong and maybe a big foe that plays a big part on the story is what people want, but I'm just stating my opinion.

DeliciousDessert

Dogg-Cow not for sale.
Credits
50.000cr
DeliciousDessert
DeliciousDessert
Patron 3
I might be reading what you posted wrong, and I apologize for that, though I do understand that the server could use a main story thing with two sides and people on both sides and all that, I guess it will come in time, and the people who want to participate and involve themselves on the storyline can do so, I have no problem with that.

I think I see the point, though I might be confusing it as what I stated in my earlier posts, so forgive my derpyness

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Top Bottom