• Aethier will be updating to 1.14.4 On January 1st 2020. Beta Testing and Map development for the new server will be announced at a later date.

A new race (1 Viewer)

Which race would you want of these three?

• The Familiars

Votes: 18 62.1%
  • The Azark (Goblins)

Votes: 10 34.5%
  • Halfling

Votes: 1 3.4%

• Total voters

Serethia

The Owner and Founder of Aethier
Team Leader
Founder
Developer
Lore Team
Credits
55.179cr
NiNjAiKoToBa
NiNjAiKoToBa
Last edited by a moderator:
B

Banned User

Edfited:

Sod my last post, I'm voiting for The Familiars.

This is because, after a quick scan of lore, I notice we KINDA need them.

Last edited:

223hero7

Credits
50.000cr
None of them. Right now, we need to add to the races already in the lore, rather than replace them or add more to them, unless we get rid of the least played race on the server. I'm sorry, but that would have to be your mermaids, Nini. That is the only race I can forsee being replaced, mostly due to the inactivity of the characters' players, or that they are on rarely played alts. The Emever are nearly full in their roster and are three out of five are played regularly. For your mermaids, I mostly see just you running around, unless there's an event which directly involves water on. The Emever are there and have done a lot for the lore already, and have not fully isolated themselves from all outside RP. A character from one of the core races can simply go to their city with ease, or speak to one as they venture away from their homeland for various tasks. As of right now, the only people who can visit your Mermaid settlement are mermaids or those who swim for twenty minutes to get to you. And, even then, there is usually no mermaids there, since they are roleplayed so sporadically.

If I were to have to pick any one of those races on the list, ever, I would also have to go with the Azark. It is a well-written and well-thought out submission, with more to it than explaining away a gimmick that was previously handed out like candy, before the Lore Team stopped it. The Halflings would come as a close second, as I can see a lot of work was put into it, with all the updates and reworks it has had to better fit with the other lore-approved races.

Man5791

Credits
50.000cr
Familiar lore would have to be heavily refined if it is chosen. Personally, I want the Azarks to become a thing, but that'd mean the removal of mermaids. I don't really mind too much about what is chosen.

Serethia

Team Leader
Founder
Developer
Lore Team
Credits
55.179cr
NiNjAiKoToBa
NiNjAiKoToBa
\ said:
I really hope that Neko aren't what you want the Familiars to be...
The base idea was the "Elin" from Tera, but more adult like in appearance.

Also i do believe the Goblins are well written, i believe that it would just be a wasted slot. I've seen similar races and to be honest.. nobody plays them. It will be the same here i believe.. And to be honest i strongly hate the ideas of such things. I'll be fully honest when i say i'm not willing to give up a race i like for one i utterly despise the idea of.

Boog

Whitelisted
Credits
50.000cr
SoftBrexit
SoftBrexit
Whitelisted
\ said:
For the love of god, its not furries god damn it.There is a clear difference between Neko and furry. Please learn it.
Technically, you can fulfil the Furry look with the Familiars.

Since they take on animal qualities, I could take on cat ears, eyes, nose, tail and fur.

Serethia

Team Leader
Founder
Developer
Lore Team
Credits
55.179cr
NiNjAiKoToBa
NiNjAiKoToBa
\ said:
Technically, you can fulfil the Furry look with the Familiars.Since they take on animal qualities, I could take on cat ears, eyes, nose, tail and fur.
Thats taking it way over the boundaries though. Clear set limits and boundaries.. with some things i'd be happy to remove.

Man5791

Credits
50.000cr
\ said:
The base idea was the "Elin" from Tera, but more adult like in appearance.Also i do believe the Goblins are well written, i believe that it would just be a wasted slot. I've seen similar races and to be honest.. nobody plays them. It will be the same here i believe.. And to be honest i strongly hate the ideas of such things. I'll be fully honest when i say i'm not willing to give up a race i like for one i utterly despise the idea of.
I'm just saying, if the familiars are chosen, there will need to be a large overhaul with them.

Serethia

Team Leader
Founder
Developer
Lore Team
Credits
55.179cr
NiNjAiKoToBa
NiNjAiKoToBa
\ said:
Neko is the Japanese word for cat mate. There is -no- difference
I was thinking of something else, My terminology may be wrong.

ArtCraft

Credits
50.000cr
\ said:
The base idea was the "Elin" from Tera, but more adult like in appearance.Also i do believe the Goblins are well written, i believe that it would just be a wasted slot. I've seen similar races and to be honest.. nobody plays them. It will be the same here i believe.. And to be honest i strongly hate the ideas of such things. I'll be fully honest when i say i'm not willing to give up a race i like for one i utterly despise the idea of.
TERA <3

Eimar

Credits
50.000cr
maybe instead of goign the neko route maybe adjust it to the European style of spirit animals that the norse and pagans believe in?

Serethia

Team Leader
Founder
Developer
Lore Team
Credits
55.179cr
NiNjAiKoToBa
NiNjAiKoToBa
\ said:
maybe instead of goign the neko route maybe adjust it to the European style of spirit animals that the norse and pagans believe in?
what do you mean by that? I'm sorry i dont fully understand

Brolific

Absolute Legend
Credits
50.000cr
Goblins would add an interesting threat to the server and everyone would want to be a halfling/hobbit so I think Goblins would be my choice of a new race.

bley

Lord of Sarcasm
Custom Items Team
Credits
18.419cr
oof_noise
oof_noise
Patron 7
\ said:
For the love of god, its not furries god damn it.There is a clear difference between Neko and furry. Please learn it.
Neko:

Furry:

There is a difference, as NiNi has said. It's amazing what happens when you use Google.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Top Bottom