• Aethier will be updating to 1.14.4 On January 1st 2020. Beta Testing and Map development for the new server will be announced at a later date.

A poll for Aethier 29/11/2016 (1 Viewer)

Q1. How do you feel about Aethier [in general] at the moment?

• Positive

Votes: 73 97.3%
  • Neutral

Votes: 72 96.0%
  • Negative (If so please explain why.)

Votes: 66 88.0%

• Total voters

Duncan Steelfist

Humanity will endure
Credits
50.000cr
Duncania_Y
Duncania_Y
Patron 4
A poll to see how things are, the poll is mixed.

P.S. Where it says please explain, it means down bellow in the thread if you're comfortable doing so. If not ah well, everyone's entitled to their opinions.

P.S.S. Keep it civil and offer options for improvement if you are giving usable criticism.

Last edited by a moderator:

MayaTorres

Loud gay
Credits
50.000cr
Hollowgayle
Hollowgayle
Patron 7
  • I share the current mainstream discontent with event team, for the reasons pretty much everyone has stated most recently. That being said, I've seen massive improvement and I'm happy with the way things are going, I think from an inside and outside prospective we are on the right path to fixing this. Lore team is doing just fine. They're actually doing stellar!
  • Don't make my favorite hobby into a joke option!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

DayLighter

Lore Printing Press
Lore Team
Build Team
Progression Team
Subscriber
Credits
15.914cr
DayLighter
DayLighter
Patron 7
  • I share the current mainstream discontent with event team, for the reasons pretty much everyone has stated most recently. That being said, I've seen massive improvement and I'm happy with the way things are going, I think from an inside and outside prospective we are on the right path to fixing this. Lore team is doing just fine. They're actually doing stellar!
  • Don't make my favorite hobby into a joke option!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Basically this^

Although I think event team has a bit more work than Maya let's on, over all they seem to be steering the ship towards the right goal.

natureluvr

Princess
Developer
Technical Support
Forum Administrator
Lore Team
Subscriber
Credits
5.595cr
natureluvr7
natureluvr7
Patron 7
My feelings about Staff and PlayerMods are very different but you grouped them together as one :(

Kenophobia

Old Timer
Build Team
Credits
68.956cr
Kenophobia
Kenophobia
Patron 6
In my opinion, I think the event team do great. With what little time they have they do plan some great events. The mimic event was super interesting and fun, and all of the war events and expeditions I have attended have been amazing also. What matters is quality, not quantity. 

I think the problem lies with the player base. I'm not meaning to offend anyone, but most roleplay is people stood around making small talk about the weather and such.

I think players should create their own adventures that don't necessarily need a DM (exploration, duel arenas, horse racing, dinner parties, solving puzzles that other characters may have created, political intrigue etc). The event team should be reserved for necessary server story events or events that are too large for players to handle by themselves. 

I know it may be hard to get things going as individuals, but you can't take what you don't give, and what this server needs is for it's players to try and be a little more creative in their play style. 

Again, not meaning any offence to players, just a little constructive criticism. 

Vex

Custom Items Team
Custom Items Team
Subscriber
Credits
65.067cr
VexSketches
VexSketches
Patron 7
  • I'm currently neutral on event teams situation. Though I understand the clutter of event applications, I feel like its hammering the event team too hard to get each one out there. Though with the new rule being set into place involving the amount of events allowed per player per month, I feel people are gonna deter from making new events, in order to save them for a possible future event within the month. Events take time to plan, and though yes there's the initial event leader, and dm. There are also the people attending, attempting to adjust to the times the event leader has set. Overall- It's getting there but there's gonna be a long way to go.

• Staff has been doing a great job, setting good examples for players and doing their jobs the best they can. I'm currently happy with the staff's progress.

• Looore Team though. Best I've seen in a long time. I've enjoyed watching the new lore pumped out, and hype of new and exciting things sprouting up. The newest magic system, though starting off a bit slow in rp, has greatly expanded and shown a lot of effort was put into it's creation.
    >On the topic of magic. I do have concerns about the progress it'll make. The announcement included "A grand return of Magic" and said many new mages and students would rise. Though, it's been a week and though we've had the Archmages started, it seems like there's not much progress being made. For the people wanting to see a huge growth of magic(Myself included) it's a bit disheartening. RP is RP, but the point is it's a bit disappointing

But aye- just my thoughts. Probably don't make any sense, but meh.

Kyle1322

Master Hand & Crazy Hand
Team Leader
Loremaster
Forum Administrator
Event Team
Credits
15.490cr
kyle1322
kyle1322
Patron 7
  • I'm currently neutral on event teams situation. Though I understand the clutter of event applications, I feel like its hammering the event team too hard to get each one out there. Though with the new rule being set into place involving the amount of events allowed per player per month, I feel people are gonna deter from making new events, in order to save them for a possible future event within the month. Events take time to plan, and though yes there's the initial event leader, and dm. There are also the people attending, attempting to adjust to the times the event leader has set. Overall- It's getting there but there's gonna be a long way to go.

• Staff has been doing a great job, setting good examples for players and doing their jobs the best they can. I'm currently happy with the staff's progress.

• Looore Team though. Best I've seen in a long time. I've enjoyed watching the new lore pumped out, and hype of new and exciting things sprouting up. The newest magic system, though starting off a bit slow in rp, has greatly expanded and shown a lot of effort was put into it's creation.
    >On the topic of magic. I do have concerns about the progress it'll make. The announcement included "A grand return of Magic" and said many new mages and students would rise. Though, it's been a week and though we've had the Archmages started, it seems like there's not much progress being made. For the people wanting to see a huge growth of magic(Myself included) it's a bit disheartening. RP is RP, but the point is it's a bit disappointing

But aye- just my thoughts. Probably don't make any sense, but meh.
Just to query in here-two of the masters currently are indisposed and/or getting used to their new roles. Strudel's in Iceland cause she's doing Strudel stuff and the mind archmage is still getting accustomed to all the red tape they are covered in for obvious reasons.

Either then that, student selection is actually going quite swimmingly at the current moment!~

Just a little update for you guys I suppose.

Last edited by a moderator:

Vex

Custom Items Team
Custom Items Team
Subscriber
Credits
65.067cr
VexSketches
VexSketches
Patron 7
Just to query in here-two of the masters currently are indisposed and/or getting used to their new roles. Strudel's in Iceland cause he's doing Strudel stuff and the mind archmage is still getting accustomed to all the red tape they are covered in for obvious reasons.

Either then that, student selection is actually going quite swimmingly at the current moment!~

Just a little update for you guys I suppose.
Keep in mind I understand people are working in their real real lives, and that you all have your own things going on in the background. I'm just saying I feel as if the hype was there when it first got released and now it seems like there's no change for those in roleplay. Thats why I said- RP is RP, and things will take time. I'm sure some of the students have been selected, hell maybe even some today. I just haven't witnessed it myself.

LilHarrison2u

The Ivengarde Police
Credits
50.000cr
One comment on builds, is that I'd like for if a current build(Private or Server) were to fall out of use, I think it would be cool if it stayed in place and became a sort of "Ruin" for people to explore. Where people could go in an loot or look around for books or weapons or whatever. I think it would be a cool source for fairly casual events among friends who want to do your proverbial "dungeoning" without all the extra setting up and event and such.

karasu1996

The Dark Prince
Event Team
Credits
50.495cr
karasu1996
karasu1996
Patron 2
One comment on builds, is that I'd like for if a current build(Private or Server) were to fall out of use, I think it would be cool if it stayed in place and became a sort of "Ruin" for people to explore. Where people could go in an loot or look around for books or weapons or whatever. I think it would be a cool source for fairly casual events among friends who want to do your proverbial "dungeoning" without all the extra setting up and event and such.
i can see this idea being interesting because it allows the previous town owners to maybe set up a dungeon of sorts for the brave to explore for certain lore items. ofc this would only be done after the city fell.

Sycophantae

I mean I guess
Credits
51.040cr
Sycophantae
Sycophantae
Patron 5

Im fairly certain this is already being utilized, take the Council of magi for example, it's  a run down magical hotspot with what I assume are  atrocities you can't  imagine roaming inside, guarding the libraries and reserves.

when I first heard of this I got excited myself, it's a cool concept.

karasu1996

The Dark Prince
Event Team
Credits
50.495cr
karasu1996
karasu1996
Patron 2
Im fairly certain this is already being utilized, take the Council of magi for example, it's  a run down magical hotspot with what I assume are  atrocities you can't  imagine roaming inside, guarding the libraries and reserves.

when I first heard of this I got excited myself, it's a cool concept.
id raid that any day.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Top Bottom