• Aethier will be updating to 1.14.4 On January 1st 2020. Beta Testing and Map development for the new server will be announced at a later date.

A Suggestion + Poll (1 Viewer)

Should we have another small continent released for settling?

• Total voters

Suldar

Danakovian Lord
Credits
50.000cr
Suldar
Suldar
Patron 1
So, lately I and others i've spoken to kinda feel like Aversia's mainland isn't quite big enough anymore. It's been quite jam packed from the bigger kingdom's expansions, leaving little room for new upcoming factions to attempt to start up unless they do so in the far north and share with the vikings. I know the updates and changes to the political system and region taxes were done to try and give incentive to people to make less regions or get rid of some of their regions, but (Meaning no offense to anyone) that doesn't seem to be working for reducing region numbers. So, after talking to a few people for some opinions, i've decided to make a poll! ^.^
Basically, my request/suggestion is the release of a new mainland/continent on the dynmap; similar to how the last map was, though perhaps only two continents this time instead of three. I'd love to hear everyone's thoughts and opinions, and if the vast majority of the server is in agreement perhaps this is something we could actually have implemented.

DayLighter

Lore Printing Press
Lore Team
Build Team
Progression Team
Subscriber
Credits
15.914cr
DayLighter
DayLighter
Patron 7
Hate to burst the bubble, but we don't have a world painter anymore. We would have little to no way of acquiring a new continent.

DayLighter

Lore Printing Press
Lore Team
Build Team
Progression Team
Subscriber
Credits
15.914cr
DayLighter
DayLighter
Patron 7
To provide a more 'official' and 'complete' answer. The issue currently for new players to settle is a complicated one, and certainly one that a new map would not solve. Despite this map being a singular continent, and the overall map size being smaller, there is a lot less ocean space than there was previously in the old world, therefore equating to a landsize that is roughly the same size, perhaps even larger than those previously of the old world. Currently the proposed suggestion of a new continent goes against the goals I have for politics team. While it would be wonderful to allow expansion for new players, there is currently no space to do so while not sacrificing something from the players who have been established here already.

Just like in real life, expansion is not meant to be costless. Sure it has been for some time, but now is the perfect time for Kingdoms to begin bordering one another and causing tension and rub, for wars to break out over resources, cultural differences, etc. Currently as it stands with the realm at constantly and relative cold war, it does not promote this sort of RP. Not only that but many of the regions currently on the continent remain empty or mostly empty save for a few hubs. Adding a new continent would only further this issue of ghost regions.

The problem isn't just world painter, but it is certainly one of them.

Strudelicious

The Pastry Princess
Subscriber
Credits
50.000cr
Strudelicious
Strudelicious
Patron 7
In 12ish days time I get my desktop back.
I might make something if people feel like there's a real need for it but I kinda feel like it won't fix much.

Suldar

Danakovian Lord
Credits
50.000cr
Suldar
Suldar
Patron 1
If part of what you're saying is that new players who want to make new factions should go to war with other factions for more land, I don't think that will work at all. There isn't anywhere for a new faction to actually even get a small amount of MP, and they wouldn't stand a chance trying to take land from factions like Folset, Verseivia, Mittelreik, or Florentia due to sheer MP power those factions have. They can't invade lands already claimed without a land claim of their own because to get MP you need to land claim. So, it seems like a challenging thing to get around to find a solution to this because unless some of the major factions like Verseivia, Florentia, Folset etc etc downsize their regions alot, only alternative I see albeit a temporary one is the release of a new continent and a change to how much min-maxing provinces a faction can do. Though if anyone can throw some solutions, I'd love to read.
Edit: I'd also like to mention, when we had three continents last map we still had, in my opinion, plenty of options for new places to settle.

Last edited:

Persephone

sarcasm and skin problems
Newcomer Training Team
Credits
66.159cr
LakeLachrymose
LakeLachrymose
Patron 3
there isn't a "one" solution to this that'll solve everything and i think what we have now is about the best we're gonna get

monomyth

aethier freestyle champion
Credits
-86.889cr
monomyth
monomyth
Patron 5
here's my hat that nobody asked for;

so basically the issue at hand here is that a lot of people can't get their feet on the ground or their feet wet in the current faction system; which is correct. at this point in the game, i think it would be foolish to disagree and say that the little guy will have a difficult, if not impossible time making a stead of their own that isn't governed by florentia/reikland/verseiva/vikings/folset. this much is true,,,

but that's just how things are. i mean, certainly would love to have new factions, new power, and new land,,,but without a power vacuum, just like real life, that isn't going to happen. i mean it's certainly plausible--take, for consideration, the idea of starting a player back uprising in a tough-to-attack land. you could feasibly start a new nation via revolution if you (the IC playerbase) are unhappy with the way things are run now,,,

or maybe you just want some power to flex, which you know, certainly isn't wrong or anything; at this stage in the game, the best option for being able to have a bit of a cut of your own would likely be to start a guild or start a faction on-politically in nature. start a private army, a fighters guild, a sailors guild--idk, something that hasn't been done before. you could even do both; start a militaristic faction guild, go ahead and blockade all mines or something, now you have a monopoly on ores, a legit beef with whatever territory you're screwing with, and an opportunity to create a power vacuum. EZ.

that being said
Currently as it stands with the realm at constantly and relative cold war, it does not promote this sort of RP. Not only that but many of the regions currently on the continent remain empty or mostly empty save for a few hubs. Adding a new continent would only further this issue of ghost regions.
this statement is true. if there were a ton of players on top of eachother, i would see your grievance. but as it stands there are a number of ghost towns and, to nobodys fault, not a massive playerbase to sustain them. that's just how the chips fall.

anyway who cares what i say, i voted find an alternative solution. start making guilds and stuff that'd be dope.

DayLighter

Lore Printing Press
Lore Team
Build Team
Progression Team
Subscriber
Credits
15.914cr
DayLighter
DayLighter
Patron 7
If part of what you're saying is that new players who want to make new factions should go to war with other factions for more land, I don't think that will work at all. There isn't anywhere for a new faction to actually even get a small amount of MP, and they wouldn't stand a chance trying to take land from factions like Folset, Verseivia, Mittelreik, or Florentia due to sheer MP power those factions have. They can't invade lands already claimed without a land claim of their own because to get MP you need to land claim. So, it seems like a challenging thing to get around to find a solution to this because unless some of the major factions like Verseivia, Florentia, Folset etc etc downsize their regions alot, only alternative I see albeit a temporary one is the release of a new continent and a change to how much min-maxing provinces a faction can do. Though if anyone can throw some solutions, I'd love to read.
Edit: I'd also like to mention, when we had three continents last map we still had, in my opinion, plenty of options for new places to settle.
The point I was driving was for political factions that currently exist to try and find ways to stretch their legs. Obviously you wouldn't see a faction that's brand new or small going and attacking the larger ones. This is where things like alliances, etc. spring up and dynamic rp. tl;dr, not everything is going to be handed to someone and put in their lap as a handout. Ambitious people will always find ways for difficult situations.

Megadonkey30

Credits
59.938cr
OmegaDonkilonXXX
OmegaDonkilonXXX
Patron 4
If there comes a time when a new faction of players emerge, and who wishes to settle on the map, It would not be impossible to grant them temp. soldiers to fight a war with. After all, storytelling and fun are what this server is about. Adding a new continent won't solve anything.

The true problem is that the political system encourages ghost towns. Ghost towns in exchange for more ' Muh npcs'. ' Muh npcs' = power. So using math... Ghost towns = Muh NPCS = Power. 1 Ghost Town > 2 Ghost Towns.

monomyth

aethier freestyle champion
Credits
-86.889cr
monomyth
monomyth
Patron 5
(coming back for more attention)

the political system isn't perfect, but then again, it's not easy to make one that

1) balance players
2) rewards players and not NPCs
3) is streamlined (i.e, so staff doesn't have to COUNT/CHECK UP ON if you're rotating ur crops)
4) accounts for minecraft mechanics

anyway thats just me love u guys let's rework the system together so instead of ghost towns we have ghosts ships i'll be the captain

Duke Kayzz

Your Friendly Neighbourhood Reaper
Credits
14.449cr
MajorEars
MajorEars
Patron 3
there isn't a "one" solution to this that'll solve everything and i think what we have now is about the best we're gonna get
Marcus is on point! I mean, Daylighter also said it too but he's lame.
(Kidding :3 )

In this continent we already have a ton of ghost town alongside empty space. Although, if you're talking 'politically-wise' then yes, there is not a lot of space for factions to begin anew...

Except, that is the point. If you are going to begin making a faction, you need to be smart. If we were to make it easier for people by just "Here take this land" then it gets rid of the hard work other kingdoms have put in place for a long time.

If I wanted to start a new kingdom I would first be a vassal of a major kingdom. Gain powerr. Make alliances. Invoke wars in the background. Split from your faction and become stronger...

I mean there are other, less ways without betrayal. Such as starting in a remote area and making alliances, etc. The point is, its meant to be political and war-stuff. You want things, you fight for it. You just can't expect to get it.

ChelariMagica

Subscriber
Credits
64.355cr
ZephyrBellum
ZephyrBellum
Patron 2
The point I was driving was for political factions that currently exist to try and find ways to stretch their legs. Obviously you wouldn't see a faction that's brand new or small going and attacking the larger ones. This is where things like alliances, etc. spring up and dynamic rp. tl;dr, not everything is going to be handed to someone and put in their lap as a handout. Ambitious people will always find ways for difficult situations.
Yeah but the problem is half the major factions want nothing to do with new ones. Especially people who aren’t nobility. At this point it’s not a fair system for the new/small guy. But i do think it should be challenging, but not nigh impossible. We shouldn’t have to rely on making alliances or being a vassal. Somewhere somehow we need something that will allow players to work without that. Because as of now just like everyone’s said it’s the only way.

I agree with the new continent or landmass. It doesn’t have to even be that big. I’d just be nice to have some free space. Because I haven’t seen a region unclaim one of their ghost towns. The towns are still sitting there empty, but the ‘NPC’s” are still generating them resources and cash. How is that fair?

You can take my opinion with a grain of salt as I haven’t been here that long, but this is what I’ve personally seen and experienced.

ThatRainbowKitty

fresh heckers!!
Credits
36.860cr
ThatRainbowKitty
ThatRainbowKitty
Patron 2
If you want to make space from regions that are neither active, nor useful, or just crowd the map, there are other ways than an Exodus It would be nice, since most suitable regions are already crowded in factions and that may be stagnating the world

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Top Bottom