• Aethier will be updating to 1.14.4 On January 1st 2020. Beta Testing and Map development for the new server will be announced at a later date.

Appeal (1 Viewer)

Tybalt

Mad Dog Mattis
Build Team
Credits
-33.421cr
HumpFries123
HumpFries123
Patron 5
A week ago to this day I said some pretty bad things that I regret to @Zickery @phantom and @Kyle1322 . I was tired, angered by poor decisions of others, and I wanted to go to bed. I recognize that is no excuse and I am disappointed in myself for treating my own friends and fellow players in the manner that I did. I do want it to be known that I am apologizing for my behavior that resulted in the ban and my poor attitude only. I cannot apologize for initially refusing the judgment of a DM and I can honestly say if I was in the same position again, I will not willingly agree with actions that accidentally subjugate myself to powergaming and actions I know beyond a doubt to be true. I don't think that could be expected of anyone else on the server either. However I promise to do such respectfully and to not lash out in a vicious manner at perceived or real wrongdoing.

natureluvr

Princess
Developer
Technical Support
Forum Administrator
Lore Team
Subscriber
Credits
5.595cr
natureluvr7
natureluvr7
Patron 7
After much discussion the staff team has decided that an unban would not be appropriate at this time. You may submit a new ban appeal 30 days from now, on Friday, March 23rd. Thank you for your understanding.

Tybalt

Mad Dog Mattis
Build Team
Credits
-33.421cr
HumpFries123
HumpFries123
Patron 5
Thankyou, Nini. I think my first post may have been a bit too short to be clear.

I do want it to be known that I am apologizing for my behavior that resulted in the ban and my poor attitude only. I cannot apologize for initially refusing the judgment of a DM and I can honestly say if I was in the same position again, I will not willingly agree with actions that accidentally subjugate myself to powergaming and actions I know beyond a doubt to be true. I don't think that could be expected of anyone else on the server either. However I promise to do such respectfully and to not lash out in a vicious manner at perceived or real wrongdoing.
This means I do recognize that what I said was childish, uncalled for, and impermissible for the server, after all was said and done I didn't take the ban for me to be disappointed in myself for treating three people I consider friends and at the least good people who mean well for the server.

I was told that where I may have been misunderstood is in the sentence I said I will not willingly agree with actions that subjugate myself to powergaming, and this lead to concern that I would act in such a manner again. That is not the case and such will never arise again. I know this matters little to you all, but it's important to me that I specified what I was and was not sorry for. I know it was hectic and alot of local chatter etc. From my position there was very blatant powergaming which I would prefer to believe was accident by chat flood blocking out my emote, allowing others to take several turns of emotes and cover vast distances in the time I emoted one swing.

Should this happen again, I will calmly disagree with the judgment and call in a second opinion, expect the DM to provide a logical explanation for the sequence of events, and at the very least hear out my perspective. I believe that powergaming at that degree is easily identifiable if all sides are listened to equally and cannot yield an explanation that makes sense, so this should not be a problem. But this is my line and something I will not yield on. Thirty days will not change this line I set for myself. I put this into the appeal because if such happened again, and I was being civil while disagreeing with a DM, I don't want someone to come back and say "So you learned nothing from your ban? I thought you said you wouldn't disagree with a DM?"
Tl;dr , I don't want to be held accountable for something I never agreed to. I will always hold this stance on situations like these, whether it's myself, Zick, Kyle, Phantom, Factions members, IC rival factions, whomever.

Anyhow I hope that clears up what was meant behind what I said. I kept it concise in the original appeal because I didn't want it to take up much time. I didn't want to be defensive. Yes powergaming is against the rules and something I hate done to me, but what I did was infinitely worse, and I am sorry that I acted in a toxic manner that doesn't reflect how I usually behave, or the Community as a whole.

natureluvr

Princess
Developer
Technical Support
Forum Administrator
Lore Team
Subscriber
Credits
5.595cr
natureluvr7
natureluvr7
Patron 7
The staff team has discussed your reply and did not feel it warranted any change to the decision. You may submit a new ban appeal once the wait time is over, ten days from now (On March 23rd, 2018).

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Top Bottom