• Aethier will be updating to 1.14.4 On January 1st 2020. Beta Testing and Map development for the new server will be announced at a later date.

Clemenceau/Rhad's Appeal and Statement (1 Viewer)

ItsRhad

((who))
Banned
Credits
50.000cr
Let me begin by stating that yes, by technicality, I am under Do-Not-Return Status (DNR), though, through request, I have graciously been allowed to make this appeal and statement. I'll be writing a decent amount here, placing it into sections and semi-delineated bullet points and such. I am putting effort into this appeal, and I intend for that effort to be seen throughout the entire document. I was banned for what can be considered a legitimate breach of the rules, a la toxicity, and the tension of the period in which I was banned likely led to the repercussions for what I believed was a mere jest, to be greater than I had anticipated. I should not have been so bold as to test the waters of judgement with a "funny meme". I was in the wrong throughout the entirety of the situation, whether or not the overall environment at the time was tense or not, gives no bearing as to whether or not I was 'right' or 'wrong'. I was in violation of the rather simple set rules that I knew very well. I was treating a "fun" pastime as a legal quagmire, and that was the first fault of personal character that I desperately needed to resolve.

This allows me to bring to the forefront the first exposition; what was I banned for? According to the documentation itself, I was banned for Toxicity and Ignoring Staff Directive. I'll consent that yes, I was behaving in a manner that could be seen as toxic, especially to those involved. My behaviour was relying on semantics, and it was done, while not necessarily maliciously, in purposeful deviance of the rules. What precisely did I do to warrant receiving a ban, and following that ban, a DNR status? I shall thus expand.
  • Behaving in a toxic manner towards Lore Team and the Loremaster, Kyle.
    • While at the time, I contested this vehemently, I was indeed behaving in a way that can be construed as toxic. At the time, there was an intense argument over the validity of a certain subrace and culture of humans. Lore Team and the Loremaster had stated that continuing to use this subrace was a violation of lore. I was not a party to this argument, with the exception that the argument had intrigued me, and had also riled up a few friends of mine. Firstly, I engaged in the argument by trying to be reasonable- and then later, turned to demeaning Kyle and the Lore Team. While this was done in a private discord, it was not a very good thing for me to have done. Again, I was relying on the semantics behind the rules that would allow me to escape punishment for participating in the argument as I did. By technicality, statements in a private discord have no bearing over judgement decisions on the server- but again, I will state that I was relying on semantics, and being quite stupid.
    • This argumentation having had no effect on the Lore Team's verdict, I decided that in order to "meme" on them, I would change my username to 'LoreViolateThis'. While this was not necessarily a breach of the rules, I was again relying on semantics to keep me safe from punishment. I was indeed being toxic. I was not a participant in the violation of lore, but my having carried the conversation on a private discord, into the server's medium by way of my immature and 'clever' meme did indeed violate the Code of Conduct.
  • Ignoring Staff Directive by changing the username.
    • At the time, I also claimed vehemently that the claim of my violating staff directive was a bogus one. Relying on semantics, since I was not told to stop misbehaving on an Aethier medium, officially, that I was safe from this warning. I expected to be given a verbal warning, upon which I would refrain from logging on with the jokingly-named account and keep my mouth shut for a few weeks. I shouldn't have done this, as it was merely an extension of my persistence in being a nuisance to the Lore Team and Loremaster. While I was not officially warned, I was told to stop doing what I was doing- and despite this, I did not respect the requests of those who I was pestering.
  • Further pestering Moderation Team
    • A few months after the ban, the server had been moved to a new box- thus leaving the ban list empty. I was able to log on and poot around for what I was continuing to say were, 'memes'. Yes, it was funny to me- however, it was not funny to others. It also led to many misconstrued incidents in which it may have been believed that I was acting maliciously in order to act out against the ban that I had received. Sure- I did also log on with a VPN account in order to meme around- and having messed about, I did promptly speak with a member of Moderation, letting them know that yes, it was I who was pulling a "ruse cruise." This, while again, semantically not 'wrong', was a continuation of the behaviour which got me banned in the first place.
What then, am I making this appeal for? I want to make the admission that I did indeed behave in a manner that was toxic and unbecoming of a player. Perhaps at the time I did not realize that so much myself. Though, it was the case, and I had made the mistake of attempting to use semantics and pointless logical fallacies to let me get away with harassing and/or behaving toxically towards members of the teams and the Loremaster. This appeal then, is an apology for my behaviour and perceived attitude towards those whom I may have hurt by what was then considered by me to be a 'meme'. Ultimately, this appeal is an apology and a polite request to be allowed back on the server, but it is not a justification of my actions, nor is it an attempt at further using semantics and complicated lawyering of the rules in order to overturn my conviction.

I also want to say; towards those who might have perceived my attitude and behaviour as overtly aggressive and demeaning towards them, I did not intend that to be the case at all. There are those whom I had been with through some pretty rough and crazy times- notably, my primary apology is to Kyle. Just because we had a difference of opinion, I had no right to make a mockery of you, whether it was in a private chat or not. Secondly, to Daylighter- while we also may have had, and still have, some disagreements, in no way did my commentary or mockery mean to make you feel threatened. I am aware that at times my words and statements can come across in ways that I do not intend them. My greatest regret is, and always has been, the inability to phrase into words, what I actually meant and felt at the time. Minecraft Roleplay has ways of causing people who, ordinarily, would not be so disgusting towards one another, to fall into activities that they more than likely, would not participate in under any other circumstance. I also summarily apologize towards NiNi, Moderation Team, and other members of the teams, for behaving in a way that treated an internet community as some sort of legal spiderweb that can be used to avoid the admission and/or punishment of guilt.

Finally, I'd like to say thanks to Phantom for enduring my repeated requests to allow me to post this appeal/statement, and another hearty thanks to those that made my prior times on this server something that I can never forget.
- Clemenceau (Rhad).

RoguishLaughter

Rogue's Roads!
Credits
50.020cr
RoguishLaughter
RoguishLaughter
Patron 7
Apologies, but the moderation team has decided to decline your ban appeal. Moderation team would need a very firm vote to bring the option of lifting your DNR to the team leads to be argued for and this vote was not able to be reached at this time. Thank you for your statements and have a lovely rest of your day.

ItsRhad

((who))
Banned
Credits
50.000cr
DNR/Ban Appeal Too, Electric Avenue - Because Electric Boogaloo is an Overused Meme.

This hasn't been moved to denied yet, so it saves me the trouble of having to make an entirely new post. I can merely append the next post to the previous post! That means that everything I'm about to say can be appended as an addendum. Let's start with the simple- it's me again, ya boy, ski- No, that'd be a bad foot to start off on, now wouldn't it? But, I feel like throwing a little bit of humor in here is a neat idea. Shall we begin?

Human communication, especially in an online platform is exceedingly complicated. Everyone evolves with their own communication tools, the planogram by which they communicate with others. Everyone's personal outlook, their experiences, their prior behaviour, shapes these communicative plans from which interactions are formed. in the case of a two-party intercommunicative mix, these interactions are very simplistic. If a situation arises in which a misunderstanding is created, that situation can be defused easily. However, when you add more individuals into this mix, the circle becomes increasingly more complex. In some situations, these circles become so complex that a sort of 'telephony' occurs, with the intent of a person's words or behaviour not being conveyed properly across communicative boundaries. This leads to perception-oriented communication, in which the emotional backdrop behind words is lost entirely. An individual is left to perceive the situation as their mind wants, which is more than often, completely wrong. I fell victim to this complex perception-oriented fallacy leading up to the instance in which I was banned. I also participated, wrongly, in causing misunderstandings within others. Although, there's really no point in me trying to give a lesson in how online communication works, and doesn't work. We all know these things- whether scholarly or just via intuition alone.

During the fiasco, I interpreted the actions of Lore Team as being specifically in abrogation of verbal agreements given to other members of my faction. I wasn't really involved in the situation myself. This further led to my overreacting towards the situation by being hostile in off-platform circles towards the individuals involved. This was stupid enough on my part, but I decided to mindlessly escalate the argument by making a ridiculous meme- I changed my username because to me, I thought it was funny. This example of a failed communication, led to my actions being seen as further toxic than they were. I was being petty, and rude- and yes, toxic- but I would like to reiterate that I was not attempting to harm anyone. As I stated in the aforementioned apology on this thread, it was not my intent to pointlessly harass or intimidate anyone through my actions. I got caught up in some mass-frustration and behaved improperly.

As again stated in the above appeal, I am not attempting to use semantics and interpretation of the rules to attempt and overturn the ruling. However, the purpose of this addendum is to perhaps seek a second review of the DNR and ban. In lieu of making empty promises and empty apologies, I pursue a policy of absolute honesty throughout both appeals. I was being stupid, and needlessly mean, towards people that didn't deserve it. Thusly, I wish to attempt and make up for that behaviour.
Ideally, the only way to make up for that is to behave differently.

Anyway, I don't know why this was never moved to Denied, but I appreciate it sitting here for the month+ that it has. Whether this post is seen publicly or only by moderation who are forced to review the posts I make-

Thanks, and have a wonderful day.

Phantom

Spooky Scary Modmaster
Team Leader
Lore Team
Credits
11.423cr
DatPhantom
DatPhantom
Patron 3
Apologies, but this is still declined. It should've been moved to denied prior but it seems there was a small oversight in that regard.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Top Bottom