Common sense (anti-war poster) (1 Viewer)

Forsake arms? (ooc question)

• Yeah, forget this war i'm going home.

Votes: 11 73.3%
  • Yeah let the rulers argue and fight eachother rather than the masses.

Votes: 4 26.7%
  • Nah i like the strife.

Votes: 2 13.3%
  • BLOOD, WAR, CORPSES. BWAHAHAHAHAHA~!

Votes: 4 26.7%

• Total voters

Duncan Steelfist

Humanity will endure
* poster posted on various notice boards and tavern doors *

The time now is not to take arms and fight, the time is to calm down and think about what you're doing. Think about the person that's most important in the world. No not your leaders or monarchs. No I'm talking about you, the people of aethius.

Look around you people, paranoia, blood, death. And what's it for. Conflicting view points, Control, claims of freedom?

Well I'm sorry but this is not the first time rebellion has happened, and it will most certainly not be the last. Unless we realise that the quarrel isn't with everyday people or with the soldiers, it's with the rulers.

Who should sort it out between themselves rather than pay with the blood of the people.

One life lost to prove a point is too many.

I Duncan Xenmos Steelfist ask you to forsake bloodshed, lower your arms and force your leaders to sort this out, rather than have the people shoulder the burdens.

If you agree then go home, and live your lives.

(this is neither pro crown, nor pro rebellion. It's just saying let the rulers bicker it out rather than die. in a nutshell summary for those who can't be bothered to read the whole thing.)

yoda74

An Evening Girl, Fond Of The Twilight Hours
Luraz stare down at tiny paper. He think:

"Me wonder his backside jealous of things come from his mouth. Someone kidnap Eala! Must smash!"

yoda74

An Evening Girl, Fond Of The Twilight Hours
(It means Luraz thinks he's talkin' poop

Also, being an uneducated Ogre isn't something that makes you particularly intelligent... UNDERSTAND NOW MORTALS?)

Last edited by a moderator:
B

Banned User

*Smiles and rolls up this poster, taking it back to Dy'lamere and examining it in every detail, from how it was made to in-depth about what it says.

After thinking about it for a time, she decides that Duncan is, for once, not mad.

She quickly writes a very simple letter and sends it to Duncan.*

Dear Duncan.

I love your poster. Hopefully that message will get through some thick skulls.

Your right, everyone seems to forget about the rebellion between Rune and Azuran. . .it lasted...days? Two attacks on the Stormfall manor, one call of healing to do, and that was that, a simple peace treaty.

The treaty was easy- it separated the land...and I still have the treaty stored away to prove this fact here in Dy'lamere.

But in these times, it appears both sides just fight for the sake of it, for drama, war-joy and, most of all, power. So I just hope this poster will be read by some of the more....violent and feral of people.

Thank you Duncan. You put a smile on my face, and hope to my soul.

Your good friend.

Lana Wake.

Megadonkey30

A lord, clad in purple clothing, and an annoying crown sat above his head walks down the streets of sonaris, he notices the postar, his guards looks as well.. Sullivan, a loyal messenger walks up, and smiles "Milord.. This lord Duncan.. He is sensible I take it?"

The lord nods "He wants what all aetherians should wish for.. peace.. Sul I have some use for you.." The lords unravels a small letter he had wrote earlier today after hearing of the creation of such poster.

--

To the utmost Lord Duncan,

I wish I could follow your example and stay out of war, sadly I am pressed to defend the lives of the people of Aethius. After all this is over, we should celebrate the new found peace. I am thinking of some sort of party, or festival. If I may ask a favor of you, it would be to keep preaching about the benefits of peace, and capabilities people may achieve.

May Dah'riim watch over you,

L'Empereur Feliciano de Leon-Belmonte.

Duncan Steelfist

Humanity will endure
To L'Empereur Feliciano de Leon-Belmonte

It's hardly preaching, only some sort of deranged monster "wants" to kill for something over than absolute desperation.

-Duncan

Running her hand over the poster, Mila's most common frown curves upwards into a sly smile. "Someone seems to know what they are speaking about."

Minersrevenge7

Samuel says to himself as he reads the note ''Why did duncan lose the throne, he seems by far the most sensible candidate, wanting peace being the best qualifier''

Silvertread

Arden chuckles as his eyes fall upon the parchment. "A true ideal perhaps, but no wise words. There is nothing I would love more than peace, but unless Felix decides to throw his crown to the ground, there can only be war. For we will not bend the knee. Let Felix send his executioners, for we will send them back to him with a thousand arrows in their chests. If Duncan truly seeks peace, let him make it, instead of preaching it on the streets."

Last edited by a moderator:

Duncan Steelfist

Humanity will endure
\ said:
Arden chuckles as his eyes fall upon the parchment. "A true ideal perhaps, but no wise words. There is nothing I would love more than peace, but unless Felix decides to throw his crown to the ground, there can only be war. For we will not bend the knee. Let Felix send his executioners, for we will send them back to him with a thousand arrows in their chests. If Duncan truly seeks peace, let him make it, instead of preaching it on the streets."
(Fine then, you're on *cigar*)

mistaahh

Dungeon Master
Standing next to Arden, Aleia sighs. "War is bad, brother.. People die 'n people cry. But hell, I got yer back.."

Arriving in Sonaris, Alistair glances at the poster, and makes haste to the palace.

Mist glanced at this, and sighed. 'Please stay out of Luniath.." He mutters to himself in elven.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Top Bottom