• Aethier will be updating to 1.14.4 On January 1st 2020. Beta Testing and Map development for the new server will be announced at a later date.

Dungeoneering the world [With raids too!] (1 Viewer)

Do you wish to implement a dungeon/raid system into the world of Aversia, on top of regular events?

• Total voters

Kyle1322

Master Hand & Crazy Hand
Team Leader
Loremaster
Forum Administrator
Event Team
Credits
15.490cr
kyle1322
kyle1322
Patron 7
Just as it says on the tin, I'm genuinely interested to see if people like like a system in place for a sort of..hm, how do I explain it..

Dungeons, I suppose! I already have a really rough idea in my head, but the sort of it is that we split up different biomes into different difficulty level areas, for example:

The swamps of Aversia! Those would likely be the single most difficult place to go, due to not only weather circumstances, but the horrible creatures that could be created in that bog. This place would carry medium sized but EXTREME difficulty dungeons, and it would have a recommended spec to ensure others don't go on a suicide mission. I'll stick an example here.

Dungeon Type:

Swamp
Dungeon Name:
The Dark Reef
Recommended Party:

8-10 people, 1-2 master mages, 2 healers, 1 gifted warrior. [Champion of Dahriim for example]

Needless to say this would be a MONUMENTAL effort for myself and the event team to do, and we would have to take a small hiatus from frequent events, after the Mimic arc of course to be able to build, plan and prepare for the dozens of dungeons we would put in the world!

Another positive thing is that these will be replayable, and likely have different selections with higher difficulty modes as well to accommodate for those wishing to give their favorite dungeon another go.

And of course, there will be loot, wonderful, scrumptious, [not always golden] loot. It can range from trash white items to a legendary blade, depending on who, where, what difficulty and time it takes you to do these runs without getting party wiped. [And trust me, you will die in these events]

But of course this is all just an idea for now, Unless you, the community wants to make us make this happen!

So please, don't be scared to be vocal about your opinions, whether for or against this idea, or just wishing to expand upon it! But I do ask that this thread be kept civil, and for other to understand one another's opinions~

Thank you Aethians, see you on the flip side of whatever side this coin lands upon~

-Kyle

Tybalt

Mad Dog Mattis
Build Team
Credits
-33.421cr
HumpFries123
HumpFries123
Patron 5
I said no because I feel that it would be too gamey. Like Skyrim loot runners. I see little RO development from such and I don't want to see dungeons and places with no other purpose then to kill something and get a shiney. Yes I understand lore team may right a paragraph about such but it doesn't really mean much after the wiggle event.

I'd like Lore and event team to instead start working on large scale campaigns, builds, and complex story arches for the antagonists and somehow implement a way for participants to do something other then "beat the bad things" such as perhaps even join the antagonist.

but that's just my thoughts.

dantayyyy

[redacted]
Subscriber
Credits
8.033cr
dantayyyy
dantayyyy
Patron 7
I think that dungeons should be added, but also should be deleted once someone's got the item/thing at the end of it. This way the rare items can stay rare and there'd be some worth in going out and raiding the dungeon.

Asdghhkkllll

Space Cowboy
Credits
50.000cr
I am in full support of dungeons, however it would have to have some sort of story behind it to have actual RP development. For instance: A dungeon would have some sort of back story that relates to the Arid Dragon or whatnot. One thing I would advise, though-

Limited PVE. I know it's fun, but some people (and yes, I know that we can't make everybody happy) don't have the machines or latency to handle 100 zombies rushing at you at the same time. I'd much prefer for there to be fewer, yet more difficult RP monsters to fight.

EDIT: Also, morally neutral/debatable antagonists are always nice. It causes conflict within the party.

Last edited by a moderator:

DayLighter

Lore Printing Press
Lore Team
Build Team
Progression Team
Subscriber
Credits
15.914cr
DayLighter
DayLighter
Patron 7
I am in full support of dungeons, however it would have to have some sort of story behind it to have actual RP development. For instance: A dungeon would have some sort of back story that relates to the Arid Dragon or whatnot. One thing I would advise, though-

Limited PVE. I know it's fun, but some people (and yes, I know that we can't make everybody happy) don't have the machines or latency to handle 100 zombies rushing at you at the same time. I'd much prefer for there to be fewer, yet more difficult RP monsters to fight.
I agree here, except for the Arid Dragon. If that is to appear in Aversia at all, it would need an event arc I do believe.

Kyle1322

Master Hand & Crazy Hand
Team Leader
Loremaster
Forum Administrator
Event Team
Credits
15.490cr
kyle1322
kyle1322
Patron 7
Gonna bump this one more time to see if anything has changed.

Belle Delphine

Buy my bath water
Credits
51.971cr
ScriptKitty
ScriptKitty
Patron 7
If it's something like- 

/sign reads contact gm/event team member/ and they are on and will dm something then, then yes. I want it.

Kyle1322

Master Hand & Crazy Hand
Team Leader
Loremaster
Forum Administrator
Event Team
Credits
15.490cr
kyle1322
kyle1322
Patron 7
Nope, the dungeons will be hidden and you will need to find them in RP

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Top Bottom