• Aethier will be updating to 1.14.4 On January 1st 2020. Beta Testing and Map development for the new server will be announced at a later date.

Dynmap (1 Viewer)

Dynmap Setting

• Current Setting, with the Unknown Squares

Votes: 6 13.3%
  • Current Setting with /dynmap hide

Votes: 3 6.7%
  • Regular player overlay, with player names and skins

Votes: 5 11.1%
  • Regular player overlay, with /dynmap hide

Votes: 29 64.4%
  • No Player Overlay

Votes: 2 4.4%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Serethia

The Owner and Founder of Aethier
Team Leader
Founder
Developer
Lore Team
Credits
55.179cr
NiNjAiKoToBa
NiNjAiKoToBa
So, given all the recent suggestions to Dynmap, i have five choices today for you!

This weekend, i WILL change the Dynmap setting to the popular vote!

(The poll closes 48 hours from posting)

Happy Voting!

Megadonkey30

Credits
59.958cr
OmegaDonkilonXXX
OmegaDonkilonXXX
Patron 4
I actually like the current setting, for people who use the Dynmap to find rp it prevents any accidental metagaming. This way all you have to do is seek out the most populated location and your chances of finding rp is on your favor.

Arcturio

Baruk Khazad!
Credits
69.864cr
Vindicatur
Vindicatur
Patron 6
What about an overlay depicting people's faces but not their names?

That would give you a few hints judging by their faces, but would not tell your their names until you've met them, making determining in OOC where your friends are easier.

That's what the server I came from had.

Last edited by a moderator:

Tybalt

Mad Dog Mattis
Build Team
Credits
-33.421cr
HumpFries123
HumpFries123
Patron 5
\ said:
As long as people can see where other people are on the dynmap it'll be used for metagaming.
Dynmap hide setting is useful for that. The usual rule that I dunno, you will be banned if you meta game does good at keeping me in line.

DelendaEst

a formidable opponent,,,
Credits
50.000cr
\ said:
As long as people can see where other people are on the dynmap it'll be used for metagaming.
While I'm fine with the anonymous 'blip' style we currently have, metagaming by using the dynmap can and should be punished on a case by case basis. It's rather obvious when someone has metagamed to find your position, and if you think they've done it with nefarious purposes, then just holla' at a staff member.

On the flip side, I'm fine with people metagaming my position if they just want to chance upon my characters for a bit of RP, so long as it isn't used to hone in on someone like a surface-to-air missile.

Serethia

The Owner and Founder of Aethier
Team Leader
Founder
Developer
Lore Team
Credits
55.179cr
NiNjAiKoToBa
NiNjAiKoToBa
Thread locked, Dynmap has now been updated in accordance with the majority vote.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Top Bottom