• Aethier will be updating to 1.14.4 On January 1st 2020. Beta Testing and Map development for the new server will be announced at a later date.

How would you like to see revivals in the future? (1 Viewer)

When revived you will:

• Awaken with no memory of your death, or how you died (Current)

Votes: 10 14.5%
  • Awaken with no memories of how you died, but know you died.

Votes: 23 33.3%
  • Awaken, knowing vaguely how you died, knowing how, but not who or where

Votes: 16 23.2%
  • Awaken, knowing where and how you died, but not who did it.

Votes: 5 7.2%
  • Awaken, knowing everything about your death but without the pain

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • You know everything.. even the pain.

Votes: 15 21.7%

• Total voters

Serethia

The Owner and Founder of Aethier
Team Leader
Founder
Developer
Lore Team
Credits
55.145cr
NiNjAiKoToBa
NiNjAiKoToBa
Again, here is another poll with a few scenarios that i've thought of for changes to how someone is revived. If you have your own suggestion, please put it below. Anytime something is added to the poll, you will have the ability to unvote, and change your vote.

Fuzzy_Yeti

Metal God
Credits
58.348cr
Fuzzy_Yeti
Fuzzy_Yeti
Patron 7
\ said:
I realize this is unlikely but, No revival for legacy characters/Nobility Characters
I can't understand the logic nor fairness behind that, why should people who have played their characters longer be punished?

Raeyn

Credits
50.000cr
Honestly ... the first one isn't even really an option, is it. Every character, some way or another, figures out that they had died. Everyone's character who's been around for at least a week or so, knows that revival is a thing. When suddenly an entire day or more is gone, and you wake up at the Spirit Tree, you don't need to be a genius to realize what happened.

That said, I personally think option 3 might not be bad. It could allow the more in-depth Roleplayers to develop phobias, traumatic experiences, ... and the likes much, much more easier, while still protecting the killers from people going back and avenging themselves and cheesing the system.

Strudelicious

The Pastry Princess
Subscriber
Credits
51.020cr
Strudelicious
Strudelicious
Patron 7
I gotta' agree with Arendan here.

At the moment, people have such a casual approach to character death that it doesn't seem remotely dangerous to them.

I don't want to see an increased risk to forced permadeath though. As such I think a longer time between death and revival would be a good way to manage things.

Last edited by a moderator:

dogbew

High Energy
Credits
67.897cr
dogbew
dogbew
Patron 7
I think no revivals should be decided on a person by person basis, as opposed to being forced one way or the other by staff.

On the topic of the thread though, I think that people should have no memory of how they died but still know they died. Perhaps in addition they are able to recall the pain of death and have some scarring/bruising, I don't really think death should be something happy and cheery to happen to your character.

Ace_19

Credits
69.434cr
Acey19
Acey19
Patron 5
Agreed, I currently make my character more ruthless and fearless because death really isnt anything to fear at all.

Tybalt

Mad Dog Mattis
Build Team
Credits
-33.421cr
HumpFries123
HumpFries123
Patron 5
The downside of combat Rp is, if you win you could very well kill off someone's character and it isn't fun making anyone feel sad ooc, especially if they were really attached to their characters.

I would suggest no Revivals or guaranteed revivals with a longer wait time... Perhaps a month.

That way either everyone knows what they are signing up for when they initiate combat, or they lose a month of playing their favorite character.

More on topic, the way you wake up should be as it is now. Kinda metagamy to instantly know who killed you. Options 1 and 2 are the same. If you wake up with memory loss and people react like you have been away for a long time, then you should probably come to the conclusion you have been revived.

Fuzzy_Yeti

Metal God
Credits
58.348cr
Fuzzy_Yeti
Fuzzy_Yeti
Patron 7
\ said:
The downside of combat Rp is, if you win you could very well kill off someone's character and it isn't fun making anyone feel sad ooc, especially if they were really attached to their characters.I would suggest no Revivals or guaranteed revivals with a longer wait time... Perhaps a month.

That way either everyone knows what they are signing up for when they initiate combat, or they lose a month of playing their favorite character.

More on topic, the way you wake up should be as it is now. Kinda metagamy to instantly know who killed you. Options 1 and 2 are the same. If you wake up with memory loss and people react like you have been away for a long time, then you should probably come to the conclusion you have been revived.
The only problem I see there is, not everyone "signs up" for combat RP, and anyone can just choose to attack you. So people shouldn't just lose their character for a month from that.

errrrrrra

Credits
50.000cr
errrrra
errrrra
Patron 2
I know this isn't really the best idea but maybe if we made some sort of plugin that could really calculate combat rp we could have more limited revivials or like only 3-4 revivals per person instead getting revived like 9 times.

EDIT: the reason I thought a more precise combat system might help is because people might think of their deaths as "fair" whereas in some cases without it they might think the deaths were "unfair". Not because I want to regulate how many deaths actually happen.

EDIT 2: Thought Arendan was replying to me but what I wrote still apply's.

Arendan

Beautiful Butterfly
Credits
50.000cr
\ said:
The only problem I see there is, not everyone "signs up" for combat RP, and anyone can just choose to attack you. So people shouldn't just lose their character for a month from that.
You underestimate how hard it is to get killed, its something that kills fun for many, while only -very- few die for no reason. Its almost always provoked and avoidable, and people who -actually- kill for no reason, tend to die themselves.

Have more faith in the playerbase to regulate themselves, rather than creating a mechanic one could even call jarring to RP experience.

Solrex

The Sparkbroken
Credits
50.000cr
I vote option 4 with a twist- you remember the pain. That way there will be a harsh punishment for dying. Have you ever felt the pain of having 4 holes punctured through you, and you bleeding out, worried about your love, and then remembered that pain, rather than blissfully forgetting it and not having any real consequence to death? That leaves mental scars (I am referring to an event revival Solrex got, by the way) and remembering the pain of dying sure as heck will convince you not to die again.

Imagine burning to death, and then remembering the pain... You would not do that again ever!

Option 4 with the pain. Leaving out who did it would be good enough to not cause revenge kills.

Tybalt

Mad Dog Mattis
Build Team
Credits
-33.421cr
HumpFries123
HumpFries123
Patron 5
\ said:
Death happens. Work your way bro a position to be able to defend yourself or have people defend you with a presence that makes criminals think twice. If they don't, such is life, try killing it.

Archangelic

Taco Bell Princess
Credits
50.000cr
Number two shouldnt even be an option. If you have average intelligence and have watched tevivals before, you know you awaken at the spirit tree. If you are even more observant you see them say things like "where am I, why am I here? What happened?"

Its almost common knowledge when people awaken at the spirit tree they are revived. If you wake up in the spirit tree with no recollection of how you got there, it is extremely likely your character will realize they died.

errrrrrra

Credits
50.000cr
errrrra
errrrra
Patron 2
I agree if revivals took longer some people might actually like the character they develop in the 30 days and stick to it and call off the revival.

Belle Delphine

Buy my bath water
Credits
51.971cr
ScriptKitty
ScriptKitty
Patron 7
I think characters who have died multiple times or were dead for a long time and or have had multiple things happen to them, so to say like Ivy for being dead for so long and then coming back. They shouldn't be able to revive again, getting them back was almost like a gift, it's a one last chance from the gods, and they should only have one life. So Ivy along with whoever else was dead for a long time and got revived should only have one life.

Solrex

The Sparkbroken
Credits
50.000cr
\ said:
I think characters who have died multiple times or were dead for a long time and or have had multiple things happen to them, so to say like Ivy for being dead for so long and then coming back. They shouldn't be able to revive again, getting them back was almost like a gift, it's a one last chance from the gods, and they should only have one life. So Ivy along with whoever else was dead for a long time and got revived should only have one life.
If they are event revived from permadeath, they should have the same soul fracture they had before dying, not YOLO fracture... But I think I should tag the ascended for that... @Frenchy @natureluvr @NiNi

Belle Delphine

Buy my bath water
Credits
51.971cr
ScriptKitty
ScriptKitty
Patron 7
\ said:
If they are event revived from permadeath, they should have the same soul fracture they had before dying, not YOLO fracture... But I think I should tag the ascended for that... @Frenchy @natureluvr @NiNi
Characters brought back from perma death, event or not should only have one life. I don't want my character and someone elses to be special snowflakes, they already are because they came back from perma death.

Solrex

The Sparkbroken
Credits
50.000cr
\ said:
Characters brought back from perma death, event or not should only have one life. I don't want my character and someone elses to be special snowflakes, they already are because they came back from perma death.
So you don't want special snowflake rules for death? This sorta contradicts itself.

Also, you don't have to make a revival application if you don't want to. No need for special rules.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Top Bottom