• Aethier will be updating to 1.14.4 On January 1st 2020. Beta Testing and Map development for the new server will be announced at a later date.

kittens appeal (2 Viewers)

Kittenss

Subscriber
Credits
60.000cr
everythingis
everythingis
Patron 6
i just wanted to drop by and appeal for something that happened so long ago

i was accused of hacking a team leaders account in july or august of 2018, while i have done things in the past that were bad and just not okay to do, i never would hack a team leaders account to grief the land, first off i have no knowledge of hacking, im a growing teenager thats still working on behavior, while im quite a techy person, ill admit, i never learned of how to hack into things, even if ive tried before when i was probably 10 to try and get admin on hypixel, none ever worked and i never really cared after that. secondly, the computer it came from was my grandpas and ive been through it ONCE and only to investigate how this couldve happened, nothing showed up, nothing relating to this at all and heck, i dont even have minecraft installed on that computer. i was in school when i was spammed by a few people that i had a report on me, and by the time i got home i was banned, i can admit, i was perplexed on how I of all people was banned for hacking a team leaders account. if me still hanging onto my statement of it was not me who did it after all these months later doesn't prove it, i dont know what will. Im definitely not mad at the staff at all, for I can see how theyd be sketchy on the whole situation, the reason i only appealed just now would be because i needed a break from minecraft and games in general and focus on me, school, and other issues, id really enjoy to be back on this server, hopefully you will believe me.

Serethia

The Owner and Founder of Aethier
Team Leader
Founder
Developer
Lore Team
Credits
55.145cr
NiNjAiKoToBa
NiNjAiKoToBa
So you're aware of the specific circumstances that led to this conclusion, i'll list below the process of how i traced the access violation back to yourself:
  • The Exploit in question allowed the users to bypass mojangs authentication system, and was feeing modified data back to the server. Doing this, it was noted that the client was feeding back impossible data to the server, such as localhost IP addresses to avoid alt detection, was immune to kick and disconnect attempts, and was able to switch between users on the fly to access permissions.
  • The server instance was signal terminated to prevent damage, CoreProtect Logs were checked and the command history was recorded, and damage was reversed.
  • Upon discovering this client was also immune to bans, and the whitelist, attempts were made to corrolate the Connection attempts between the Roleplay server, The Bungeecord Proxy Server (Login Server), and the servers firewall.
  • A firewall ban was issued to the IP address that the attacks were originating from to block connections and to halt further disruptions. Upon further inspection, the same IP address that was traced was used Two hours earlier by yourself.
The above circumstances can have any number of reasons, however we do activley enforce a policy dictating that your account is your own responsibility, and such extends to your computer, and otherwise local network. For this reason, we advise not to take any risks including using public networks, as this can cause a false positive in investigations and our logging systems.

Regardless, the Moderation team will handle this appeal with their own discretion from here.

- Serethia

Kittenss

Subscriber
Credits
60.000cr
everythingis
everythingis
Patron 6
I just wanted to edit my response, hopefully helping my case.

I was accused of hacking and was banned at the 1st of june, 2018. I was at my moms house and went to sleep at around 9'o'clock. Since it was so long ago, I don't remember many details but what I do remember is that the IP that it came from, after gaining help from a person. The hackers IP came from my grandparents house. Back then, I didn't live there, and I only went there occasionally to just visit, and if you were to ask my grandpa, who owns the only computer there, he doesn't allow me to use it. I woke up, didn't even bother checking discord because it's something I usually do after school, mind you this was awhile ago, a lot of things change in terms of habits. Then I headed to school, after getting home, I checked discord to be spammed by people asking "whyd u do that??" "you got banned!" and i was utterly confused, so I tried going online after asking why I was banned, and only then did it hit me with frustration and confusion. Heck, I didn't actually believe I was banned, because I knew that I didn't do /anything/. So I went to the forums, banned there. I tried contacting @Redwall and all he said was
https://gyazo.com/824eae3cd908f192e02a814793351efe

I contacted NiNi and he also provided me wth this.
https://gyazo.com/3f28a52ecf056f5580c527a469df2149

http://prntscr.com/jpp5wr I don't understand what any of this means, on that screenshot. I'd also like to mention that, while it came from my IP, it was also around the time that my account was hacked and renamed to StockX. Almost all the servers I had on my list I was banned from.

He mentioned a client, which is able to bypass a lot of things, like whitelist, but I have no client in my file system, no hacking clients either. A lot of things I said weren't enough, or a lot, but i'm trying my best. I'm frustrated, but I also needed the ban as well, not because I was accused of hacking Seano, but because I needed a break from a lot of things, minecraft being the main thing. I focused on my mental health, and my grades at school, and now i'm back. I think personally i'm stable enough to be back on the server. If whoever is handling this needs any information, i'm willing to hand out the two IP's , the one where I used to live at the time, and the IP the hacking came from, which should be on the screenshot. Which was my grandparents house. FYI. I think a possible reason why this could've happened is that the computer it came from was from my grandpa, who is known for usually clickicking on unnecessary things, such as dangerous websites, surveys, and the like. This is all that comes to mind, thank you, and hopefully you will believe me.

Phantom

Spooky Scary Modmaster
Team Leader
Lore Team
Credits
11.423cr
DatPhantom
DatPhantom
Patron 3
Before I continue with this, I just want to say that in the future never create duplicate forum accounts, I will know if you do this in the future. (Yes, I know you logged onto another account to view the forums, this account has been deleted.) Moderation team has discussed this and under a very watchful eye will we continue with this appeal. Under these following circumstances you may be unbanned:

You will be on last warning status for a period of 6 months, this means if you break a rule you will be banned instead of warned.

Do you accept these conditions?

Phantom

Spooky Scary Modmaster
Team Leader
Lore Team
Credits
11.423cr
DatPhantom
DatPhantom
Patron 3
I've gone ahead and unbanned your account, tell me if you can't access some features.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)

Top Bottom