• Aethier will be updating to 1.14.4 On January 1st 2020. Beta Testing and Map development for the new server will be announced at a later date.

Let's have a chat (1 Viewer)

Which chat style do you prefer?

• Quotations for speech, nothing for actions.

Votes: 12 17.6%
  • Quotations for speech, asterisks for actions.

Votes: 18 26.5%
  • Nothing for speech, asterisks for actions.

Votes: 38 55.9%

• Total voters

AGiantPie

Credits
50.000cr
End results of the poll show 30 people voting for some form of quotation marks vs. 35 people voting for no quotation marks. Close vote.

Simple data-gathering survey poll. I want to see what style people like for their text in roleplay.

Examples of the styles are displayed below;

Quotations for speech, nothing for actions -

"Greetings, my name is William," states the barkeep as he wipes down the counter.

Quotations for speech, asterisks for actions -

"Greetings, my name is William," *states the barkeep as he wipes down the counter.*

Nothing for speech, asterisks for actions -

Greetings, my name is William, *states the barkeep as he wipes down the counter.*

Last edited by a moderator:

AGiantPie

Credits
50.000cr
End results of the poll show 30 people voting for some form of quotation marks vs. 35 people voting for no quotation marks. Close vote.

Simple data-gathering survey poll. I want to see what style people like for their text in roleplay.

Examples of the styles are displayed below;

Quotations for speech, nothing for actions -

"Greetings, my name is William," states the barkeep as he wipes down the counter.

Quotations for speech, asterisks for actions -

"Greetings, my name is William," *states the barkeep as he wipes down the counter.*

Nothing for speech, asterisks for actions -

Greetings, my name is William, *states the barkeep as he wipes down the counter.*

Crineas

Credits
50.000cr
Let's leave this up for a day or two, if I may even ask for fairness. Could this be featured and pinned up ? This will settle the debate once and for all.

Crineas

Credits
50.000cr
Let's leave this up for a day or two, if I may even ask for fairness. Could this be featured and pinned up ? This will settle the debate once and for all.

Serethia

The Owner and Founder of Aethier
Team Leader
Founder
Developer
Lore Team
Credits
55.179cr
NiNjAiKoToBa
NiNjAiKoToBa
Has this really been done despite me making it very clear that it will not be happening?

Serethia

Team Leader
Founder
Developer
Lore Team
Credits
55.179cr
NiNjAiKoToBa
NiNjAiKoToBa
Has this really been done despite me making it very clear that it will not be happening?

AGiantPie

Credits
50.000cr
\ said:
As I said in the OP, this poll serves as nothing more than a data gathering mechanism. I was rather annoyed that everyone in the discussion thread thought they knew everything and pulled statistics out of their ass.

AGiantPie

Credits
50.000cr
\ said:
As I said in the OP, this poll serves as nothing more than a data gathering mechanism. I was rather annoyed that everyone in the discussion thread thought they knew everything and pulled statistics out of their ass.

Gh0stZie

Minecraft Animator
Credits
50.000cr
Using both seems fair to both parties tbh. Only adding 2 spaces in the minecraft chat. Doesn't seem to REALLY hurt anyone.. But adapting to a new server system is alright. No need for me quitting a server over spilled milk. I'll just drink what's left in the gallon.

Gh0stZie

Minecraft Animator
Credits
50.000cr
Using both seems fair to both parties tbh. Only adding 2 spaces in the minecraft chat. Doesn't seem to REALLY hurt anyone.. But adapting to a new server system is alright. No need for me quitting a server over spilled milk. I'll just drink what's left in the gallon.

AGiantPie

Credits
50.000cr
I will also state that I really do not like the attitude that many people on the server have towards new people adapting to our chat system. In the past 3 days I have seen 9 different occasions where a day 1 noob used quotations and was impolitely called out on it in local chat, and I remember similar experiences whilst adjusting to the new system when I joined. This is toxic.

AGiantPie

Credits
50.000cr
I will also state that I really do not like the attitude that many people on the server have towards new people adapting to our chat system. In the past 3 days I have seen 9 different occasions where a day 1 noob used quotations and was impolitely called out on it in local chat, and I remember similar experiences whilst adjusting to the new system when I joined. This is toxic.

Olympea_Espa

Credits
50.000cr
@AGiantPie Your last remark on the toxicity of people's attitude is, I am afraid, a completely different subject. I've witnessed bad behavior on the side of both admins and players, but have fear of speaking about simply because admins are involved. Whereas I am glad that you mentioned it, I believe it has nothing to do with this post and may lead to another harassment-filled discussion-turned-argument. Perhaps you should make another post regarding the behavior or both players and select administrators/moderators, something I would also partake in in terms of discussion.

Olympea_Espa

Credits
50.000cr
@AGiantPie Your last remark on the toxicity of people's attitude is, I am afraid, a completely different subject. I've witnessed bad behavior on the side of both admins and players, but have fear of speaking about simply because admins are involved. Whereas I am glad that you mentioned it, I believe it has nothing to do with this post and may lead to another harassment-filled discussion-turned-argument. Perhaps you should make another post regarding the behavior or both players and select administrators/moderators, something I would also partake in in terms of discussion.

Serethia

Team Leader
Founder
Developer
Lore Team
Credits
55.179cr
NiNjAiKoToBa
NiNjAiKoToBa
\ said:
This is something i intend to address in tonights meeting.

Serethia

Team Leader
Founder
Developer
Lore Team
Credits
55.179cr
NiNjAiKoToBa
NiNjAiKoToBa
\ said:
This is something i intend to address in tonights meeting.

AGiantPie

Credits
50.000cr
\ said:
Perhaps, but as I said before, this poll exists for no other reason than to see which chat system people actually prefer.

AGiantPie

Credits
50.000cr
\ said:
Perhaps, but as I said before, this poll exists for no other reason than to see which chat system people actually prefer.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Top Bottom