• Aethier will be updating to 1.14.4 On January 1st 2020. Beta Testing and Map development for the new server will be announced at a later date.

Name Our Spawn! (1 Viewer)

DayLighter

Lore Printing Press
Lore Team
Build Team
Progression Team
Subscriber
Credits
15.914cr
DayLighter
DayLighter
Patron 7

Hello Everyone!

Build team and some other members of the community are excited to announce that we have been working on a new spawn! After some discussion we have decided that we will be taking submissions for the name of the spawn since it will be such a large part of the server. I would like to thank everyone who has contributed to this, and we hope to have this up in the next few days after we get its permissions properly set up and add the finishing touches. Comment below with your name ideas we will be more than happy to hear them!

Criteria:
  • Two-part name: (Ex: Storm+fall)
  • Server appropriate
  • Entirely in English or is Non-language specific
  • Must be easily pronounced with little confusion
Happy Holidays and Merry Christmas!

Island Lore:
Erected from the ruins of an ancient city within the lake, merchants soon coalesced at the center of the continent of Aversia. This freeband of people established a city which would remain entirely neutral to the world around it, promoting free trade, enterprise, and neutral grounds for discussion. Beneath the town sewers with hidden secrets and ancient tunnels linger, connecting the city to the Deep Run, one of the most dangerous parts in the realm. The city features many guilds, trade, etc. and sports many cultures and ideas.

In this lake.

Last edited:

Arcturio

Baruk Khazad!
Credits
69.864cr
Vindicatur
Vindicatur
Patron 6
Freeborough
Lockport
Lakecaster
Shirelake
Sherland
Freeport
Republica
Patria
Montlac
Stillwater
Bluewater

Roze

Lore Team
Lore Team
Credits
59.176cr
Rosalva
Rosalva
Patron 3
Question, and this is not meant to come across negative just as feedback, but is there a need for such a large build to replace the spawn this late into new world? Roleplay areas are already fighting for player activity.

Or will this place provide more lore and race stuff showing all different types of people living together as that something that no one city has. Embassies for kingdoms but also groves for sinnehlivs and areas for orcs? Just so new and old players can walk around and take in the server on their own merit.

Just building an other spawn in the middle off the map seems a little odd to me otherwise unless it is small like the spiritdocks and meant to guide people to other places but able to stick around.

Scuttlebutt

Minister of Joy
Credits
50.254cr
Scuttlebutt97
Scuttlebutt97
Patron 7
I completely agree with Roze on this, why is it in the middle of claimed territory and not an island itself or out on the side like Stormfall was??

Seems very iffy to have it where it is.

DayLighter

Lore Printing Press
Lore Team
Build Team
Progression Team
Subscriber
Credits
15.914cr
DayLighter
DayLighter
Patron 7
Question, and this is not meant to come across negative just as feedback, but is there a need for such a large build to replace the spawn this late into new world? Roleplay areas are already fighting for player activity.

Or will this place provide more lore and race stuff showing all different types of people living together as that something that no one city has. Embassies for kingdoms but also groves for sinnehlivs and areas for orcs? Just so new and old players can walk around and take in the server on their own merit.

Just building an other spawn in the middle off the map seems a little odd to me otherwise unless it is small like the spiritdocks and meant to guide people to other places but able to stick around.
To address concerns given- we talked with faction leaders and players which they would prefer and it was decided fairly across the board to put it in the lake. The goal is as you said to put it in the middle of the map. Four different Kingdoms are within spitting distance and the tile it is going on will count as lakw so it will not be in a politically contested zone. Nice thing about this spawn is that even if borders change anybody should be within reason to come to spawn and get rp. The town is also a lot less laggy for new players and is laid out specifically with guiding them about and teaching them server processes. I know we have also been discussing adding a river to connect it to the ocean but that’s still up in the air. Regardless- if anyone has any questions feel free to direct message me in the discord- I would like to keep this as name-related as possible. Thank you and Merry Christmas!

Vex

Custom Items Team
Custom Items Team
Subscriber
Credits
65.587cr
VexSketches
VexSketches
Patron 7
Are people going to be able to actually live here or run their shops? Or is it really just for show like the last spawn. I worry because there's no reason to have a big spawn town if nobody is going to use it outside of ports and maybe a tavern. Thing is that I'd hate for RP to get stretched even further than it already is, y'know?

DayLighter

Lore Printing Press
Lore Team
Build Team
Progression Team
Subscriber
Credits
15.914cr
DayLighter
DayLighter
Patron 7
Are people going to be able to actually live here or run their shops? Or is it really just for show like the last spawn. I worry because there's no reason to have a big spawn town if nobody is going to use it outside of ports and maybe a tavern. Thing is that I'd hate for RP to get stretched even further than it already is, y'know?
There are 39 houses for people to be able to purchase. A central inn to have which has about 5-6 rooms to stay in (one of which is the spawn), another pub hidden away as well as a great deal of other places.

Vex

Custom Items Team
Custom Items Team
Subscriber
Credits
65.587cr
VexSketches
VexSketches
Patron 7
There are 39 houses for people to be able to purchase. A central inn to have which has about 5-6 rooms to stay in (one of which is the spawn), another pub hidden away as well as a great deal of other places.
That being said who's in charge of the place OOCly. Who hands out perms? Who hands out houses? A lot of people wanted businesses at the old Spirit Docks but nobody ever got to use the buildings. I just got a lot of questions about this kind of spawn.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Top Bottom