• Aethier will be updating to 1.14.4 On January 1st 2020. Beta Testing and Map development for the new server will be announced at a later date.

New "Creative World" (1 Viewer)

Which do you prefer

• A new, clear world the same as the current?

Votes: 10 62.5%
  • A "Plot based" world with 320x320 chunks

Votes: 1 6.3%
  • A "Plot based" world with 320x320 chunks with Worldedit? (Restricted by ASync)

Votes: 5 31.3%
  • Other

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Serethia

The Owner and Founder of Aethier
Team Leader
Founder
Developer
Lore Team
Credits
55.179cr
NiNjAiKoToBa
NiNjAiKoToBa
I'm thinking of a new creative world, but i'm struggling to think of ideas.

Does anyone have any ideas? Currently i have these ideas:

(View the poll)

Please make any comments or suggestions below!

dogbew

High Energy
Credits
67.897cr
dogbew
dogbew
Patron 7
Can we have the creative world serve as a separate server, accessible through the hub server? It would not have to be a huge dedication of space or server power, but it would serve as a way to provide players with a different permissions set that would only effect that specific server. This would allow for people to work on builds with things like WE and VS without having to be trusted with it in the regular server.

I've seen this in action on other servers and it has been largely successful. It leads to a very noticeable decrease in permission abuse in the normal server, as well as an increase in the overall quality of builds.

bley

Lord of Sarcasm
Custom Items Team
Credits
18.419cr
oof_noise
oof_noise
Patron 7
My idea:

New creative world, like the current but larger.

Anyone who wants to have their build sections brought over can have just that, but only a certain amount of things. With the current one, there's a lot of builds that have been constructed by people who've left / been banned / gone inactive / et cetera, so by just giving the current players a choice on builds that are their own that they want brought across, and a lot of the clutter will largely be gone.

In saying this, the post above mine is way better and I love it.

dogbew

High Energy
Credits
67.897cr
dogbew
dogbew
Patron 7
\ said:
Could we set perms in said plots?To stop griefers from ruining yer stuff
Most creative plot plugins have an option to add users to your region, much like mychunk if you've ever used that, or on a basic level like the servers own claims plugin.

bley

Lord of Sarcasm
Custom Items Team
Credits
18.419cr
oof_noise
oof_noise
Patron 7
\ said:
Plot based world would be best because it's annoying having to keep the coordinates of all of your builds so you can continue working on them.
The thing with a Plot Based World is that it limits the one thing the world is made for; Creativity.

Having a limited space to build is very, very annoying to serious builders who enjoy making lots of things, or just making large things. Even if the plot size was set to 1000x1000, I'd personally know that there's a restriction on how much I can build and I'd feel very uneasy and unhappy about it.

BilboBaggins

Credits
50.000cr
\ said:
The thing with a Plot Based World is that it limits the one thing the world is made for; Creativity.Having a limited space to build is very, very annoying to serious builders who enjoy making lots of things, or just making large things. Even if the plot size was set to 1000x1000, I'd personally know that there's a restriction on how much I can build and I'd feel very uneasy and unhappy about it.
What about the people who can't donate and don't have any sethomes to spare? It is very annoying having to fly all the way back to your builds all the time.

bley

Lord of Sarcasm
Custom Items Team
Credits
18.419cr
oof_noise
oof_noise
Patron 7
\ said:
What about the people who can't donate and don't have any sethomes to spare? It is very annoying having to fly all the way back to your builds all the time.
I've seen servers that let you have homes in different worlds, I'm sure it could be implemented to let every player have a home in the creative map and RP map

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Top Bottom