• Aethier will be updating to 1.14.4 On January 1st 2020. Beta Testing and Map development for the new server will be announced at a later date.

Official Race Poll (1 Viewer)

What Race would YOU like to see?

• Reptillian Lizardmen

Votes: 4 3.4%
  • Phase Out Lirram In favor of three new Beast-Type Races

Votes: 44 37.9%
  • Posessed Suit of Armor [Warforged from DnD, Diego's Idea]

Votes: 16 13.8%
  • Goblins

Votes: 13 11.2%
  • Insectoid-Type Race [Mantis, Desert wanderers.]

Votes: 2 1.7%
  • Avian-Type Race

Votes: 24 20.7%
  • Expand Current Races by making more Sub-Variants of Them [Orcs, Sinnehliv, Lirram, ETC]

Votes: 13 11.2%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Kyle1322

Master Hand & Crazy Hand
Team Leader
Loremaster
Forum Administrator
Event Team
Credits
15.490cr
kyle1322
kyle1322
Patron 7

Alright, this time for sure. This Race poll is Official, and you, the community, will be choosing the next race that will be released and written up for the community. There are a multitude of choices, and your final decision will ultimately choose what we write up. So vote away, and if you have specifics, please don't be afraid to mention it in the thread below.

This poll will close on the 31st, but we will be watching for shilling and other forms of bandwagons.

Shale

Professional Satyrist
Credits
50.466cr
Shale_
Shale_
Patron 1
There's no option for no new races. I'd be interested to see what form the new beastmen take before voting for phasing out anything that currently exists.

Duke Kayzz

Your Friendly Neighbourhood Reaper
Credits
16.041cr
MajorEars
MajorEars
Patron 3
Perhaps the new race originates from the East?

​

Maybe they could even have the cure of Mageblight?

​

Shale

Professional Satyrist
Credits
50.466cr
Shale_
Shale_
Patron 1
I wouldn't be against the Lirram -> Beastman shift but I'd need to see at least some basics nailed down (Namely; what will happen to existing Lirram characters; what will the new beast-races be; and a vague direction lore-wise: Are the beast-races from another continent? Are they mageblight-mutated Lirram?). Until then I can't really vote for the option because better the devil you know.

Duke Kayzz

Credits
16.041cr
MajorEars
MajorEars
Patron 3
Great, another race that will either get icly wiped out or never played.

True. I suspect during the early release of the New Race, it will be highly appealing.

During the mid stages, it begins to lose appeal- mostly due to IC circumstances.

Then, during the end it is rarely played. 

Although, this is just speculation. This server is really good at incorporating changes and learning from mistakes, so, hopefully I'm wrong!

fin600

Credits
50.000cr
Mantids? I want Arachnids! A big scary spider race to rule some sort of spooky underground city full of second-class underground races like the dark elves. If people feel like any spider race would be too close to driders, imagine a spider race with the arms coming out along the back, thorax sitting over the behind like a tail, something less buggy than the vilo'tae but can't be played like some sort of neko/kitsune/uguu like the lirram were.

I wouldn't be against the Lirram -> Beastman shift but I'd need to see at least some basics nailed down (Namely; what will happen to existing Lirram characters; what will the new beast-races be; and a vague direction lore-wise: Are the beast-races from another continent? Are they mageblight-mutated Lirram?). Until then I can't really vote for the option because better the devil you know.

I'll also agree here. I'd be actually be interesting to see the lirram 'revised' by magical happenstance.

Expanding the current races would also be neat; there's woefully few dwarves and halflings, something to attract new players to them would be good. I'd also love to see the sinnehliv fleshed out into distinct kinds of tree sinnehliv, flower sinnehliv, vine sinnehliv, etc.

Duke Kayzz

Credits
16.041cr
MajorEars
MajorEars
Patron 3
I really, really hope Beastmen don't become a bigger version of Lirra. 

​

Personally, my problem with Lirram is that they didn't feel individual enough. They felt like a modified human race (which, technically they were).

So, if the new race will be Beastmen, I'm hoping they focus more on their animalistic tendencies; something which greatly differs from humans in general. Whether this be covering them entirely in fur with fangs, or giving them heightened claws and a staggering stature.

​

Maybe even a poly-morphic animal? Similar to Werewolves, they may lose control on certain Septs? Or perhaps they shift their look entirely? 

I'm just listing random ideas. 

​

Werewolves are cool, k?

​

​

One more thing. If the entirety of Lirram were to be revised. Like the entire race did shift due to a magical essence spewing from the East... I'd be cool with that xD​

I'm ridiculously excited for the prospect of new changes- which is weird since I usually hate change. ​

​

​

P.S; I've just been watching the news about the race issues going down. Then I see a post on Aethier called 'Race Polls'. xD​

Shale

Professional Satyrist
Credits
50.466cr
Shale_
Shale_
Patron 1
I'll also agree here. I'd be actually be interesting to see the lirram 'revised' by magical happenstance.

I mean, the mageblight is a thing, and it comes from a continent destroyed by wild magic; Lirram were originally a product of necromantic magic. It could certainly do bizarre things to their biology. There is also a Lich rearing its head that might find some use in upgrading its old servants.

I think I will vote for this, while putting forth my interest in having a reasonable IC avenue open for Lirram characters to become the new race. I think the canine/feline/caprine thing would translate well into new fully bestial races (big hulking werewolf-looking things, khajiit type things, and minotaur type things, as Kyle put forth to me as an example). Alternatively it could be a Warhammer-style generic 'beastman' race wherein there's no one specific type of animal providing the animal parts (the traditional WHFB beastmen are mostly minotaurs and satyrs, but there are Tzaangors which are bird-headed creatures). 

Also +1 for Axel mindsynching me on the 'lirram mutant' thing. 

Last edited by a moderator:

Redwall

The Forums Jester
Team Leader
Whitelister
Event Team
Credits
68.756cr
redwa11
redwa11
Patron 7
I dont want anymore subsections of subsection races. I dont want ten varities of dwarf or sinny or any other race as if you worry about the addition of newer races will dilute the general racial population, adding 5 or so subraces will only make it worse.

As for mageblight lirram, the situations in which its contracted are specific, so I am not sure if you could say they are all changed as a result of it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Top Bottom