• Aethier will be updating to 1.14.4 On January 1st 2020. Beta Testing and Map development for the new server will be announced at a later date.

Plots in Sonaris (1 Viewer)

Serethia

The Owner and Founder of Aethier
Team Leader
Founder
Developer
Lore Team
Credits
55.179cr
NiNjAiKoToBa
NiNjAiKoToBa
So i am going to be allowing players to buy microplots in sonairs to build/have ahome in the capital city. This not only gets the city built, but populated and yeah, Player made! (Just like i think the server needs to be)

So what do you all think a fair price would be for an plot?

I'm thinking a few types:

• 5k for a small plot
  • 10-15k for a mediumish plot
  • 25k for a big plot
For size reference, the houses surrounding the inn are "Small"

Silvertread

Credits
50.000cr
Right, here we go. The reasons why I don't want purchasable plots in Sonaris.

First off, we have a build team for a reason. We spent hours working on the town, and I was hoping we could spend many more hours on it, to truly make it into an amazing city.

To expect a plot system to give you an amazing city is simply not a realistic expectation. There are tons of servers full of proof of that. There will be ugly buildings, boxes, buildings not matching with the theme of the city and immersion-breaking builds. Don't do that to our spawn, the city that should be the pride of the server, the first place the new players see when they join us. The city that will be in server trailers.

No, with a plot system you get cities like these:

And a plot system would defy the entire purpose of player towns. You want the server to be built by the players. Then support them, let their towns have residents, instead of splitting the players between even more cities. You don't need the money you get from the plots. Town owners do.

I would also hereby like to ask to be made the chief builder and planner of Sonaris, if you will allow the Construction Team to continue it. I have done megabuilds before. I have all kinds of ideas for what the city needs, and I will ask the players for the things they feel it needs as well. Let the team, under my guidance, make Sonaris into the greatest city that ever was, and ever will be. (Yes, that's a GoT reference.)

Last edited by a moderator:

Serethia

The Owner and Founder of Aethier
Team Leader
Founder
Developer
Lore Team
Credits
55.179cr
NiNjAiKoToBa
NiNjAiKoToBa
\ said:
Right, here we go. The reasons why I don't want purchasable plots in Sonaris.First off, we have a build team for a reason. We spent hours working on the town, and I was hoping we could spend many more hours on it, to truly make it into an amazing city.

To expect a plot system to give you an amazing city is simply not a realistic expectation. There are tons of servers full of proof of that. There will be ugly buildings, boxes, buildings not matching with the theme of the city and immersion-breaking builds. Don't do that to our spawn, the city that should be the pride of the server, the first place the new players see when they join us. The city that will be in server trailers.

No, with a plot system you get cities like these:

And a plot system would defy the entire purpose of player towns. You want the server to be built by the players. Then support them, let their towns have residents, instead of splitting the players between even more cities. You don't need the money you get from the plots. Town owners do.

I would also hereby like to ask to be made the chief builder and planner of Sonaris, if you will allow the Construction Team to continue it. I have done megabuilds before. I have all kinds of ideas for what the city needs, and I will ask the players for the things they feel it needs as well. Let the team, under my guidance, make Sonaris into the greatest city that ever was, and ever will be. (Yes, that's a GoT reference.)

@Managment @Administrator @Global Moderators

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Top Bottom