Team Leader
Founder
Developer
Lore Team
Credits
385.186cr
Serethia
Serethia
After reviewing the performance stats for the past week, honestly the Minecraft 1.14.4 update looks dire. I wont lie.

This update clearly is coded poorly, and the lag issues with are bordering the server actually being playable or not. See the stats for yourself:
1578931647959.png

When the player count goes above 50, the server's TPS starts to drop. The TPS means Ticks per second. To run properly, Minecraft should be running at 20 per second. Think of this as the server's framerate. How many times it does- everything per second. (It also appears as though when players started to spread out, and the chunks loaded increased, this also had a serious effect)

As this drops, the server tries to compensate, slowing down chunk loads, disabling the physics engine, lowering spawn rates, and so on. What i can dedude, is that this has nothing to do with the server host or how its set up, This is an issue with Minecraft 1.14.4 itself.

To fix this, and since we cant backdate maps, The best bet we have is to update to 1.15.1, however to do this we will sacrifice the, barely working MPM.

What do you all think. Worth the risk?

LyricalDoggo

Credits
96.716cr
LyricalDoggo
LyricalDoggo
Patron 1
I'd be willing to sacrifice my mpm to update if it gets out of the lag, mpm currently is already very buggy in my opinion. I'd rather have more stability then some laggy and buggy luxuries.. but I can stay on 1.14.4 as well.. it is not too big of a deal to me and I will be happy either way.

Cukie1

Credits
35.741cr
Cukie1
Cukie1
Patron 2
My big question is regarding the plug ins. Are they all updated to 1.15? How soon would this update be if not?

changelingirl

Inane content generator and local annoyance
Credits
70.611cr
ButtonEyedGirl
ButtonEyedGirl
Patron 1
The Optifine progress report says 1.15 is somewhere like 55% done? Someone estimated a release for that in early February based on how long its taken so far, so there's not a long wait if you, like me, want things to be very pretty.

dogbew

High Energy
Faction Team: Builds
Credits
294.899cr
dogbew
dogbew
Patron 7
The problems with 1.14 aren't that big a deal in the long run, the main issue with it for now is the fawe issues which are going to bed fixed on 1.14 before they're going to be on 1.15. Don't put us even further behind in plugins and client mods to save a bit of lag.

RedAttendant

Edgy Triangle
Whitelister
Subscriber
Credits
158.487cr
RedAttendant
RedAttendant
Patron 7
Mm. People are making compelling points here, I change my stance, keep the lag for the moment. If a better time to update shows up then maybe do it then

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)

Top Bottom