• Aethier will be updating to 1.14.4 On January 1st 2020. Beta Testing and Map development for the new server will be announced at a later date.

Public Vote: Nicknames (1 Viewer)

Nicknames

• Total voters

Serethia

The Owner and Founder of Aethier
Team Leader
Founder
Developer
Lore Team
Credits
55.179cr
NiNjAiKoToBa
NiNjAiKoToBa
I'm using this thread for a poll mostly but here is the choice:

Above Head Names/NametagEdit OR /nick as a donation perk (Part of Superdonator for free and/or a Rank addon for $5)

B

Banned User

And before everyone forgets:

"You abuse it, you lose it" -Josh.

Man5791

Credits
50.000cr
As long as people don't RP with those names, I don't see the problem. It doesn't hurt if people mess around with names, often times it makes things funny or interesting.

yoda74

An Evening Girl, Fond Of The Twilight Hours
Credits
50.000cr
I bet it'd make RP less biased in some ways if people didn't know who they were RPing with. That's pretty obvious, but think about how good it would be? Not knowing who you're roleplaying with. I'm not saying that this'll stop it completely, because it won't, but it could make a teeny difference. And that could be enough for me!

Megadonkey30

Credits
59.958cr
OmegaDonkilonXXX
OmegaDonkilonXXX
Patron 4
\ said:
I bet it'd make RP less biased in some ways if people didn't know who they were RPing with. That's pretty obvious, but think about how good it would be? Not knowing who you're roleplaying with. I'm not saying that this'll stop it completely, because it won't, but it could make a teeny difference. And that could be enough for me!
This happens anyway I use /realname

yoda74

An Evening Girl, Fond Of The Twilight Hours
Credits
50.000cr
\ said:
Everyone can? When 1.8 is released, all we're going to see are Honeydews and Xephoses.
Unfortunately, it's only changeable to usernames that haven't been taken. Info here, from the Mojan site:

• Username changes will not be available before Minecraft version 1.8. This does not mean that 1.8 is the release date for the username change feature.
  • Changing your username will be free, and limited to a certain number of changes in a given time period.
  • Username changes will only be available to Minecraft profiles that are on a Mojang account (those that log in with their email address). If you still log in with your username, visit account.mojang.com/migrate to update to the newer account format.
  • Minecraft servers now use a player's unique identifying number (UUIDs) to deal with player data. This means that if you have a cape, are a server admin, or are whitelisted or banned on a server, nothing will change.
  • You cannot change your name to an existing username. That would be crazy.
  • Unmodified servers and Minecraft itself will handle most of the transitions to using UUIDs. Custom mods or plugins will need to update to accommodate for these changes.

Pannade

It's pronounced "Pannabae"
Credits
50.000cr
This won't make any difference, but I just want to share my feelings on this.

I agree completely with giving donators perks, but when you start giving them things that people need, I believe it becomes a problem. Those who cannot donate will feel left out, regardless of how much they say they don't mind. And when someone says that they do mind, the whole argument starts again, and someone else is unhappy.

It will be abused. We all know it will. Just because someone donates to the server, doesn't mean they're absolutely perfect and never make mistakes (Even me, who is your idol- Nevermind). Not saying that everyone will, because most people probably wouldn't. And, if you've ever seen the above head command, it's a bit annoying to work. Half the time the color is wrong, then the name is wrong... Or the server crashes. Or, maybe I just suck at names.

Feelings: Shared.

Last edited by a moderator:

Silvertread

Credits
50.000cr
\ said:
Unfortunately, it's only changeable to usernames that haven't been taken. Info here, from the Mojan site:
  • Username changes will not be available before Minecraft version 1.8. This does not mean that 1.8 is the release date for the username change feature.
  • Changing your username will be free, and limited to a certain number of changes in a given time period.
  • Username changes will only be available to Minecraft profiles that are on a Mojang account (those that log in with their email address). If you still log in with your username, visit account.mojang.com/migrate to update to the newer account format.
  • Minecraft servers now use a player's unique identifying number (UUIDs) to deal with player data. This means that if you have a cape, are a server admin, or are whitelisted or banned on a server, nothing will change.
  • You cannot change your name to an existing username. That would be crazy.
  • Unmodified servers and Minecraft itself will handle most of the transitions to using UUIDs. Custom mods or plugins will need to update to accommodate for these changes.
Awyis! Finally, I will be able to change WholeWhale to MountedPython!

Lucky

The Smoking Hot Grill~
Credits
50.000cr
Personally the only problem I see with this is potential server crashing.

I'd like to see this implements, the /nick, however how are we to regulate how many times people do it in a day? The reason I'd not like Nametag edit be given out is because of how often the server crashes from it. /Nick will give players the freedom, and as wake said, it can be removed if abused.

What limits would we put on how many times you can use it? Could you put a time limit on the /nick- Is it possible?

My two cents (That probably doesn't make any sense, sorry.)

Lucky

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Top Bottom