This happens anyway I use /realname\ said:I bet it'd make RP less biased in some ways if people didn't know who they were RPing with. That's pretty obvious, but think about how good it would be? Not knowing who you're roleplaying with. I'm not saying that this'll stop it completely, because it won't, but it could make a teeny difference. And that could be enough for me!
Unfortunately, it's only changeable to usernames that haven't been taken. Info here, from the Mojan site:\ said:Everyone can? When 1.8 is released, all we're going to see are Honeydews and Xephoses.
Awyis! Finally, I will be able to change WholeWhale to MountedPython!\ said:Unfortunately, it's only changeable to usernames that haven't been taken. Info here, from the Mojan site:
- Username changes will not be available before Minecraft version 1.8. This does not mean that 1.8 is the release date for the username change feature.
- Changing your username will be free, and limited to a certain number of changes in a given time period.
- Username changes will only be available to Minecraft profiles that are on a Mojang account (those that log in with their email address). If you still log in with your username, visit account.mojang.com/migrate to update to the newer account format.
- Minecraft servers now use a player's unique identifying number (UUIDs) to deal with player data. This means that if you have a cape, are a server admin, or are whitelisted or banned on a server, nothing will change.
- You cannot change your name to an existing username. That would be crazy.
- Unmodified servers and Minecraft itself will handle most of the transitions to using UUIDs. Custom mods or plugins will need to update to accommodate for these changes.