• Aethier will be updating to 1.14.4 On January 1st 2020. Beta Testing and Map development for the new server will be announced at a later date.

Race Survey (1 Viewer)

Your Favorite Race (Includes sub-races ex. Lirram)

• Total voters

Serethia

The Owner and Founder of Aethier
Team Leader
Founder
Developer
Lore Team
Credits
55.145cr
NiNjAiKoToBa
NiNjAiKoToBa
Hey everyone! Another poll thing here, however this time i'd like to ask everyone about their favorite and least favorite races, but also to mention that we are looking to replace/add a new race to the server in the coming weeks.

While we are currently undecided, and would love to see community feedback, aside people posting lore submissions to share their ideas, i'd much like to see what people think of our current races. Feel free to share any additional opinions that you feel may help in this thread in addition to the poll.

Thanks Aethians!

Last edited by a moderator:

Redwall

The Forums Jester
Team Leader
Whitelister
Event Team
Credits
68.666cr
redwa11
redwa11
Patron 7
I feel that the Vilo are underrated in the game, this may be because there was a cap on them so not many could play, but honestly I find that many dont enjoy Rping as Vilo and are even make slight efforts to avoid rping with characters who are. Maybe its just that vilo are not the most common fantasy creatures, But I think the idea behind them is fascinating and would love to see more of them on the server.

Hawthorne

Jr. Crabcake Deluxe
Credits
66.071cr
HawthorneVO
HawthorneVO
Patron 3
I feel that the Vilo are underrated in the game, this may be because there was a cap on them so not many could play, but honestly I find that many dont enjoy Rping as Vilo and are even make slight efforts to avoid rping with characters who are. Maybe its just that vilo are not the most common fantasy creatures, But I think the idea behind them is fascinating and would love to see more of them on the server.
It's likely because most people see them as third rate because of their origin of being tribal and peaceful. For me, I'm the exact opposite with My Vilo'tae and I love playing it. 
I can totally understand the whole "It was capped I don't want to play it" type deal, but we've had some people poke their heads out, but they've been kinda struck down by the current people in power.
That's not a dis to them, it's just what happens. 

Firebird

Banned
Banned
Credits
50.000cr
I feel Lirram are being unjustly being judged because of lores way they was created. Hey we all started somewhere, cut Lirram a break. If treated fairly they can respond fairly. I love my Lirram and would hate to lose her because of them being removed from the races. Think about it people, would you love to lose your favorite char because the species is sadly misunderstood. I could see if they was a violent, super strong race that only sought to harm.. That would seriously ruin roleplay but the Lirram I know aside from one are fairly mild mannered. If it had not been for the Lirram race interesting me so I would not have joined here.

Sycophantae

I mean I guess
Credits
51.040cr
Sycophantae
Sycophantae
Patron 5
I feel Lirram are being unjustly being judged because of lores way they was created. Hey we all started somewhere, cut Lirram a break. If treated fairly they can respond fairly. I love my Lirram and would hate to lose her because of them being removed from the races. Think about it people, would you love to lose your favorite char because the species is sadly misunderstood. I could see if they was a violent, super strong race that only sought to harm.. That would seriously ruin roleplay but the Lirram I know aside from one are fairly mild mannered. If it had not been for the Lirram race interesting me so I would not have joined here.

I can tell you that your character will not be taken away from you if the race is removed, rather- they would become a legacy character, so I wouldn't worry about that.

Regarding the general statement, the community simply seems to dislike lirram as a race, the reasons are more diverse than what you stated I'd imagine.

CookieTheShortcat

The Mastermind
Credits
50.000cr
MiniatureVandal
MiniatureVandal
Patron 4
To be honest, removing Lirram from the Lore is a very bad move, as it's one of the most common-played races. Also, the amount of times Lirram are killed and unable to be revived is quite frequent, so they'd all be pretty much wiped out in a few days. This isn't favouritism, it's just a suggestion.

Epsylion

Poster-Girl of the Apocalypse
Credits
60.000cr
Epsilyon
Epsilyon
Patron 5
To be honest, removing Lirram from the Lore is a very bad move, as it's one of the most common-played races. Also, the amount of times Lirram are killed and unable to be revived is quite frequent, so they'd all be pretty much wiped out in a few days. This isn't favouritism, it's just a suggestion.
But it would boost server morale GREATLY. I think it would be a lovely move, seeing that people are getting sick of the contant lirra subrace additions instead of new races. Lirram used to be a respectable race too, after all.. but alas, we got nekos upon the rework, and it's /really/ getting on people's nerves according to the poll..

Just a suggestion. Y'know. It's not every day we get to replace a race in Aethier.

MayaTorres

Loud gay
Credits
50.000cr
Hollowgayle
Hollowgayle
Patron 7
Also, the amount of times Lirram are killed and unable to be revived is quite frequent, so they'd all be pretty much wiped out in a few days.

Ways to avoid this:

1. Don't commit crimes against humanity
  2. Don't murder people / help murder people
  3. Don't accrue massive soul fracture by doing savage things like cannibalism
Although to be honest, I've seen the exact opposite and a quite frustrating trend. No matter how many times you kill some Lirram, they keep coming back.

CookieTheShortcat

The Mastermind
Credits
50.000cr
MiniatureVandal
MiniatureVandal
Patron 4
But it would boost server morale GREATLY. I think it would be a lovely move, seeing that people are getting sick of the contant lirra subrace additions instead of new races. Lirram used to be a respectable race too, after all.. but alas, we got nekos upon the rework, and it's /really/ getting on people's nerves according to the poll..

Just a suggestion. Y'know. It's not every day we get to replace a race in Aethier.
What about the dwarves which nobody plays? I hardly see anyone play them, yet they remain whereas Lirram are played quite a bit, and have the highest chance of being removed 

Epsylion

Poster-Girl of the Apocalypse
Credits
60.000cr
Epsilyon
Epsilyon
Patron 5
What about the dwarves which nobody plays? I hardly see anyone play them, yet they remain whereas Lirram are played quite a bit, and have the highest chance of being removed 
Dwarves are a classic race throughout fantasy, and though not played often, are respected characters. You can't have elves and not have dwarves. Besides, there's been a boost in dwarf characters lately~

CookieTheShortcat

The Mastermind
Credits
50.000cr
MiniatureVandal
MiniatureVandal
Patron 4
Dwarves are a classic race throughout fantasy, and though not played often, are respected characters. You can't have elves and not have dwarves. Besides, there's been a boost in dwarf characters lately~
Fair enough.~ 

Ways to avoid this:

1. Don't commit crimes against humanity
  2. Don't murder people / help murder people
  3. Don't accrue massive soul fracture by doing savage things like cannibalism
Although to be honest, I've seen the exact opposite and a quite frustrating trend. No matter how many times you kill some Lirram, they keep coming back.
Maya, if I have to literally obey and not have fun RPjust so my legacy character doesn't die, then that's saying something.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Top Bottom