• Aethier will be updating to 1.14.4 On January 1st 2020. Beta Testing and Map development for the new server will be announced at a later date.

Religion Poll (1 Viewer)

God Your Character Worships

• Total voters

yoda74

An Evening Girl, Fond Of The Twilight Hours
Credits
50.000cr
Vote for the god your primary character worships the most.

Poll reasons:

1. I'm interested in which gods your characters worship.
  2. I wanna write religious texts for the gods so people who worship them can follow their teachings (which would be implied within short stories) instead of just their favoured weapon.
As a further response, you could post about how your character follows the god, i.e:

• how your character thinks the god impacts them
  • what you character does in the name of their god and why
  • what do you think, like and dislike about each one - how do you think they should be represented as gods?
    (EDIT: I don't just mean as physical beings, I mean in terms of what you want the gods to represent ideologically.)

Last edited by a moderator:

Firegirl101

Banned
Banned
Credits
50.000cr
TrustMajor101
TrustMajor101
Patron 1
  • how your character thinks the god impacts them: Rose is seeker of knowledge. Rose thinks he lead's her toward the truth.
  • what you character does in the name of their god and why: She joined the Calv society, which are seekers of knowledge.
  • what do you think, like and dislike about each one - how do you think they should be represented as gods?:
  • Likes Arvora. I think she should be represented as a tall tanned elf holding a bow. Vines and flowers are around her and grass grows every time she walks. Hair is either green or brown.
  • Is neutral with Bahari. I think she should be reprsented as a Syrian clad in a number of ocean jewels. Tail/fin part is to shimmer like the sun. Light blue hair.
  • Dislikes Belek. I think he should be a tall warrior with ash grey skin and a long broadsword. A handsome man clad in bloody armor. Short black hair.
  • Is neutral with Dahriim. Unsure what he should look like. Maybe have a shield?
  • Is neutral with Domm. A dwarf with a large smith hammer. Red hair. Wearing a dwarven helmet.
  • Somewhat dislikes Sol. Maybe a man clad in shinning armor holding a blazing firey sword. Dunno about hair color.
  • Favors Vassas. Dunno what he should look like though.
The rest I dunno.

AmozonQueen

Credits
50.000cr
How your character thinks the Spirits impacts them: Keres believes that if she gives respect to these Spirits and follows their will they will give their blessing to her for doing what is 'right'.

What your character does in the name of their Spirit and why: Keres favors what the Tri'Lirram call 'The Tri'Spirits of Darkness' which include Ombra, Foli, and the Fox Spirit. She worships these three because of how she was brought up and treated by her past pack. However, unlike the Human's version of these gods she sees them as 'good' because they keep the balance between Chaos and Order. The way she worships them is with sacrifices and acts of Chaos. (Like throwing pebbles at people)

I don't really have much of an opinion of the gods as my character, Keres, doesn't follow them..

Also, there should be an option for false gods in the poll as some characters (like mine) don't follow the regular gods. :C

Caleo

Not a Syrien
Credits
60.000cr
SimpleBrickLayer
SimpleBrickLayer
Patron 7
As a further response, you could post about how your character follows the god, i.e:

My character sees her god as an observer. Ombra does not intervene unless it is unavoidable, and judges silently. It is up to those who serve her to choose their way towards doing so; preferably within each other's philosophy. Ombra does not speak to mortals. She merely whispers to those who carry her example.

Everything. Within my character's religion Vallahism is seen as a form of repentance. It is a curse meant to bear with the shame of their ancestors, bared until death. Everything that is done by my character is in one way done in servitude to the god. Whether that is feeding to prolong her own life, or spreading the word of her church. It's all for Ombra.

• what do you think, like and dislike about each one - how do you think they should be represented as gods?
    Personally, the gods are mostly bland; this doesn't mean that lore team is sitting around doing nothing of course, but people don't respect religion as they do physical and magical prowess, and don't work to improve what there is of it on the server. I've been brought down a couple of times in character where I wished to build something akin to a church or house of worship, at which people would usually argue that this would upset the balance in religion.
    The truth of the matter is that no religion is balanced towards equality. Because of this, nobody carries a fear for a god, with the possible exception of Vallah fearing the sun and through correlation, Sol. I enjoyed the Calabrians because they had a major impact on the situation on the server. I hope to see such a thing one day return, and am actively working on a religious organisation within my established roleplay.

yoda74

Credits
50.000cr
\ said:
(why is it only one choice?)
I asked for the god your primary character worships most due to the off-chance that everyone has a tertiary character who worships the least popular god once every five months. I want a decent gauge of the most-followed and least-followed gods so we (people who wanna work on god lore/events/the whole shebang) might know which ones to focus on.

bleyjo

Lord of Sarcasm
Custom Items Team
Credits
18.419cr
oof_noise
oof_noise
Patron 7
Why can I only choose one option?

Some characters follow more than one, and some people have more than one character.

Could you allow multiple options please?

\ said:
Why can I only choose one option?Some characters follow more than one, and some people have more than one character.

Could you allow multiple options please?
\ said:
I asked for the god your primary character worships most due to the off-chance that everyone has a tertiary character who worships the least popular god once every five months. I want a decent gauge of the most-followed and least-followed gods so we (people who wanna work on god lore/events/the whole shebang) might know which ones to focus on.

Caleo

Not a Syrien
Credits
60.000cr
SimpleBrickLayer
SimpleBrickLayer
Patron 7
\ said:
I thought it was already thus?Only those whom want to comment below with the extra bits, the actual button clicking is always anon' I thought.
Nope. Click on the vote result number. You'll see every member xD

Solrex

The Sparkbroken
Credits
50.000cr
Well, the poll doesn't let me select more than one god, and Solrex treats Sol and Vikret as equal gods in his worship, so I will just list my characters and their gods here:

Solrex: Sol and Vikret equally and devoutly

Sol characterizes Solrex, and he loves Him for taking care of the sun. Sol gives him strength when he needs it.

Vikret is equally worshipped by Solrex in the hopes that one day that Vikret would one day allow him to receive His blessing of magic. He represents wisdom and intelligence to Solrex.

Solrex prays, and ends his prayers in both his gods names. He also continues to endure his torments in life with Their help.

(EDIT: I don't just mean as physical beings, I mean in terms of what you want the gods to represent ideologically.)
Sol represents strength to Solrex, and Vikret wisdom. He faithfully tries to worship them by every sunrise and sunset, often climbing up high to see the sunrise and sunset better.

Autumn: Mainly Domm, slightly Arvora, if even.

Autumn believes if she devotes herself enough to Domm, He will help her overcome her weaknesses of fire and metal, and be protected and able to control them instead of them controlling her.

Occasionally she worships Arvora due to being a sinnehliv, and feeling that it's necessary, but doesn't like to, she would prefer Domm.

She continues to seek for protection against fire and metal and how she could become a blacksmith in the name of Domm, in hopes that He will help her become a loyal follower of Him. If she could be protected, she would love that. She also ends her prayers in His name.

Domm represents hope for Autumn, that he might recognize her potential if she is helped to do so.

Deva: Arvora, devoutly

Arvora gave her life, and by following her ways, she believes she and her family will live a long and happy life.

She lives in a pacifist manner, unable to want to harm anyone even if she wanted to, which she would never want to. She lives in this manner in Arvora's name, and prays in Her name as well.

Arvora should represent life and the willingness to enrich and prolong all life around herself.

Lucas: Ombra, devoutly

Unlike Autumn, Lucas devoutly worships the god he grew up with, to the point of becoming a vallah to show his dedication to his Lady. Ombra will bless him with Her Covenant if he keeps it. (vallahism)

He prays to Her in Her name. He also seeks vallahism in Her name, and keeps that Covenant in her name once he has it.

He absolutely hates Sol for having his followers attack him and try to rid him of his covenant. He spites Sol followers, and hates Sol for commanding them to do so. A Sol follower that doesn't hate him for his Covenant or his wish for it is unheard of, and is like a (unicorn) to him, they don't exist because they are too rare.

Ombra represents loyalty to him. She will bless him with the benefits of Her Covenant if he will keep the requirements of Her blessing. He absolutely hates light of all forms, having dark elf night vision, and that being doubled within the Covenant. Ombra is his Lady, and he is devout to Her. He will do everything he can in order to be devout to her.

Xunkiira (if accepted): Oklamat

One time, at a young age, Xunkiira got lost when he traveled past the horizon for the first time. He truly prayed devoutly to Oklamat that day, and because of his faith that Oklamat would help him, he believes that Oklamat graced him with the ability to get home again, and because of that sign, he has a testimony that Oklamat exists, for without Oklamat's help, he believes he wouldn't have had the spiritual help to get home.

He explores and scavenges the desert in the name of Oklamat, having a strong testimony of his God, and he scavenges to help his tribe have resources. He loves Oklamat, and is devout to Oklamat.

He absolutely hates Sol, and curses the demon for putting such a demonic flame in the sky to curse his people. Sol represents evil, to him. Evil, and opposition.

Oklamat represents his devout faith that his journeys will be safe with his God's help. Oklamat is a symbol of safety and peace to him when exploring dangerous and exciting environments. Perhaps he could get some paint to show his devotion to Oklamat one day.

yoda74

Credits
50.000cr
\ said:
And if I have a character that follows two gods equally..?
Tough, sorry. I'd rather have the poll with a lack of two gods equally being followed being noted here than lots of people selecting lots of gods.

I just think it'd be more accurate. You're welcome to discuss the two gods as a post in this thread, that's what it's for.

kate12kate

Tier 5 Nekomancer
Credits
50.000cr
How your character thinks the god impacts them: Elenwin does not expect Vassas to directly contact her. She mainly worships him because she respects his authority and the authority of his dimension, Time. Time is the master over everything, even Magic in the form of cast time, and dwindles away everything equally no matter what race, nationality, etc.

What you character does in the name of their god and why?: As Vassas is widely considered the god of Knowledge as well as time, Elenwin values information and seeks to learn all there is to discover.

Ideologies: Check out my Luk'ash lore for more, but to be simple, I'll compare a few of them to Greek gods..

Arvora - Hera

Foli - Eris

Belek - Ares

[May add more later.]

DayLighter

Lore Printing Press
Lore Team
Build Team
Progression Team
Subscriber
Credits
15.914cr
DayLighter
DayLighter
Patron 7
\ said:
How your character thinks the god impacts them: Elenwin does not expect Vassas to directly contact her. She mainly worships him because she respects his authority and the authority of his dimension, Time. Time is the master over everything, even Magic in the form of cast time, and dwindles away everything equally no matter what race, nationality, etc.What you character does in the name of their god and why?: As Vassas is widely considered the god of Knowledge as well as time, Elenwin values information and seeks to learn all there is to discover.

Ideologies: Check out my Luk'ash lore for more, but to be simple, I'll compare a few of them to Greek gods..

Arvora - Hera

Foli - Eris

Belek - Ares

[May add more later.]
Arvora I see far more being like Artemis..... But thats my personal imagination as hera was more about jealous and marriage... While artemis is more about nature and proteting life. You could also likely argue for demeter but alas this is not the thread for that :3

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Top Bottom