• Aethier will be updating to 1.14.4 On January 1st 2020. Beta Testing and Map development for the new server will be announced at a later date.

[Seeking] Life Magic Students (1 Viewer)

Archangelic

Taco Bell Princess
Credits
70.000cr
PropertE
PropertE
Whitelisted
Yeah hi, archmage of life here, future magic students thread is cluttered and unreadable for me so drop 'em kids.​

Minecraft Username:

The Character that would be learning:

The Character's Race:

The Character's Age:

Which god they follow:

Your most desired spell:

Why you think your character should be a Mage:

What your character would do with magic:

Your Schedule (Usual online availability):

DaJungleMonkey

The Carcinogenic Salt
Credits
50.000cr
Minecraft Username: RUMYDaddy

The Character that would be learning: Elliot of the Lu'Kash

The Character's Race: Lirram

The Character's Age: 15

Which god they follow: He has parental issues so he doesn't know the gods

Your most desired spell: Alter Soil to help the Tribe

Why you think your character should be a Mage: Because there should be more lirram children tribal shaman mages 

What your character would do with magic: He'd try to be a witch doctor, helping people through bizarre magical and herbal remedies

Your Schedule (Usual online availability): Dude anyday because I have no life

Edit: I dunno if I need life for shamanism or shamanism is something different, so keep me in the back burner back-ups in case something comes out

Last edited by a moderator:

Smultronstalle

Smultronstalle
Credits
50.000cr
Minecraft Username: Smultronstalle

The Character that would be learning: Jaeti Galo'tor.

The Character's Race: Human.

The Character's Age: 23.

Which god they follow: Arvora. 

Your most desired spell: Control Body.

Why you think your character should be a Mage: My character has a deep liking for nature and life itself, and is only skilled in hand-to-hand combat. He's always wanted to help those who can't help themselves, but he's a tad private about it unless it's truly required.

What your character would do with magic: Use it in times of need. If the time never comes to have a need for it, he would be constantly practicing and learning what he can on the subject. Not to mention the war- this would be quite an aid for him and anyone else in battle.

Your Schedule (Usual online availability): I can be on every day, usually starting 3 PM EST and lasting throughout the night. That goes for every night.

Thanks.

llmited

have at em
Technical Support
Forum Administrator
Lore Team
Event Team
Credits
31.670cr
llmited
llmited
Patron 7
Minecraft Username: LlMITED (LLMITED)

The Character that would be learning: Alavara Liendour

The Character's Race: High Elf

The Character's Age: ~25 years old.

Which god they follow: Follows no specific god, though occasionally prays to Arvora and Dahriim.

Your most desired spell: While it is hard to pick a specific spell that I most desire, if I had to choose, it would definitely be Regeneration at tier 3. This would be extremely useful to Alavara in case she has insufficient supplies for physical healing, and could help her out in the clinic at Fortvoie with wounded soldiers and other citizens who had been attacked; it would also serve well at a battlefield, if Alavara ever traveled with a large group.

Why you think your character should be a Mage: As stated before, Alavara is a journeyman doctor, as well as under small training from the Tui'leere. It would be extremely interesting to see how she plays out as a life mage, and, if her physical efforts are rendered useless, would be able to use life magic to save a lucky soul.

What your character would do with magic: A short list includes the following: Becoming a battlefield medic (occasionally) with life magic, caring for the men and women who are injured, having more of a chance of saving somebody if a character had been gravely wounded, and more. I could think of more reasons as time progresses, if you wish.

Your Schedule (Usual online availability): On the weekdays, I am almost always available from 3 PM-10 PM CST (Central Standard Time). On weekends, I am almost always available at any time one may ask me to be on.

Megadonkey30

Credits
59.958cr
OmegaDonkilonXXX
OmegaDonkilonXXX
Patron 4
Minecraft Username: Megadonkey30

The Character that would be learning: Sir Kalanis Mornel

The Character's Race: Half - Elf ( Human ) 

The Character's Age: 38

Which god they follow: The Lady ( Arvora ) 

Your most desired spell:   [SIZE=17.3333px]Glimpse of Death[/SIZE]

Why you think your character should be a Mage: For most of Kalanis' life, he has seen death, he has took it, and watched lives slip from this world, never to return. It was in the arms of The Lady that he found solace, and a place in life. However with the current war, his breaking point reached, he would not give up an opportunity to further help those whom he has sworn to protect. 

What your character would do with magic: Kalanis Mornel would use such magic in service to Arvora's children. It would be to better the lives of those who need it most, either by healing, or protecting, to be the Shield , or Medicine. 

Your Schedule (Usual online availability): Weekends, most evenings. -7 GMT = Mountain Standard Time

Olyblob

Really British
Whitelister
Progression Team
Credits
3.814cr
Minecraft Username: olyblob

The Character that would be learning: Bheka

The Character's Race: Kae-lirra

The Character's Age: 52

Which god they follow: Alishi spirits [all the gods under different names]

Your most desired spell: Many faces

Why you think your character should be a Mage: Because Bheka is a good lirram in a strange world of animal people, gotta reward him for it. Seriously though, Bheka has lived his life doing what he thought was best for his tribe and family, and still does. With the breaking of the current war, he's come to realise that the one place he thought was safe for his tribe, spala, wasn't, thus needing a new way to keep his family safe. Having seen what Elenwin can do, he knows magic could help him with such.

What your character would do with magic: At the moment he'd use it to help reclaim his home land of Spala from the sterkies, then to heal members of his tribe.

Your Schedule (Usual online availability): Depends really, I'm free most of the time at the weekends but my work schedule changes during week days a lot.

Redwall

The Forums Jester
Team Leader
Whitelister
Event Team
Credits
68.756cr
redwa11
redwa11
Patron 7
Minecraft Username: redwa11

The Character that would be learning: Ramsey Mc'Grath

The Character's Race: Halfling (Human/snow)

The Character's Age:32

Which god they follow:Oklamat/Arvora

Your most desired spell: Biomancy

Why you think your character should be a Mage: They have shown interest in the past of learning and have met and seen many of the existing mages and what they are capable of. He also has been a strong praciticioner in medicine and has used what he has learned to help others as a combat medic on numerous occasion. So the chance to learn the higher arts of healing would be a goal most desired by them.

What your character would do with magic: At first it would be the basics of learning how to apply it to tending in order to heal, he would wish to see what undefined uses of such spells could be used for, as every tool has a multiple use to it.

Your Schedule (Usual online availability): Mountain time from 3pm-11pm weekdays

Ohmshakalaka

Whitelisted
Credits
70.000cr
Ohmshakalaka
Ohmshakalaka
Whitelisted
Minecraft Username: TgQuetzalcoatl

The Character that would be learning: The character that would be learning would be Lim Veer

The Character's Race: Human, Anion

The Character's Age: 20

Which god they follow: None

Your most desired spell: Pathway

Why you think your character should be a Mage: Lim has a troubled relationship with life and death. In his early adulthood, his parents were struck unto fever and succumbed to the symptoms. For a variety of reasons, this left Lim unable to support himself, and their deaths ruined his life. Wandering the streets as a dirty vagrant, until he found sanctuary within the island of Carcernatorum, Lim carried with him a strong resentment for Arvora and Morto both. He discussed the topic with several of his friends but yet remaining within the wraps of grief, and he found himself unable to move past the loss of his family. His mind transfixed by the traumatic event, he developed an obsession with death, taking every stride within his power to understand what had happened to him and to his family, and for what reason. Excepting that life is an invariable component in death, Lim would seek to become a mage (specifically of the life variety) in not necessarily a pursuit of ability or competence, but a pursuit of understanding and a quest to escape the grief of his families demise, and move on with his life.

What your character would do with magic: True to his character, Lim would be likely to study the magic itself in an effort to understand the exact semantics, intricacies and nature of life itself, it's joys and its cruelties both. Once satisfied with his findings, and possibly released from the feelings of resentment and sorrow that constrict him, Lim would seek to pass on his learning to other prospective mages, with particular sympathy for the lost, abandoned, and orphaned youths of Aversia. He would effort to bring not so much healing of the body, but of the heart itself.

Your Schedule (Usual online availability): I am online usually during the UK hours. I hope that my newness to the community won't be a deterrent in the decision making.

jamesp

Credits
50.000cr
Minecraft Username:James_power

The Character that would be learning:Giovanni

The Character's Race:Human

The Character's Age:45

Which god they follow:Morto

Your most desired spell:Glimpse of death

. Why you think your character should be a Mage: Giovanni had magic once before and wants it again, he feels in life there is only one thing that is assured and that is death, however after his death he feels as if he needs to find a new purpose. Something new to fill his days, something he can use to benefit to those he cares about. He has seen many Empire, men, and creatures die and has brought death by his own hand. He is now looking for a way to make up for the death and destruction he has caused and has seen. Now he sees Life magic as the way to do that.

What your character would do with magic: He would apply it to his daily life, which is one filled with adventure. Being able to assist men at arms and make sure they don't die seems useful to him.

Your Schedule (Usual online availability): Weekdays.

Drakatha

Idiot with a tablet
Credits
50.000cr
Minecraft Username: Drakatha

The Character that would be learning: Thresh'k

The Character's Race: Vilo'tae

The Character's Age: 38

Which god they follow: Venti/all

Your most desired spell: Heightened Sense/Sense Soul

Why you think your character should be a Mage: Nearly all of Thresh'k's life has been devoted to the well-being of those he cares most about, often times even at his own detriment. His sense of duty and compassion are strong, however, in the face of increasingly dire threats and growing odds, it's become clear to him that he cannot help those in need without the help of some greater force. He's seen so much death in his relatively short time. It would mean everything to him to be able to save even a few lives, be they Vilo, Human, or any other race under Sol's watchful eye.

What your character would do with magic: Thresh'k's main goal, as a sworn guardian of the Vilo, would be to use his training to help protect his family from further injury. That being said, it would by no means be limited to them. Thresh'k would offer his help in times of need to those who require it, be they patients at the Spirit Tree or soldiers fighting against forces that threaten the safety of Aversia and her people.

Your Schedule (Usual online availability): Afternoons/nights, CST

Tybalt

Mad Dog Mattis
Build Team
Credits
-33.421cr
HumpFries123
HumpFries123
Patron 5
Minecraft Username: Humpfries123

The Character that would be learning: Tiberius

The Character's Race: Half-Elf (Forest)

The Character's Age:21

Which god they follow: Sterk

Your most desired spell: Control Body

Why you think your character should be a Mage: An aspiration of the character. He is greatly interested in learning Healing/defensve magic as opposed to the more offensive Trees.

What your character would do with magic: Would use it to be a Field Medic. Aswell as help as needed with the Spirit Tree Staff as he works pretty much as an unofficial Guard for the Ascended, at least till when/if Jarrow hires the lad. 

Your Schedule (Usual online availability): Mon-Wed Evenings. Available all day every other day.

Kelsey

Credits
50.000cr
Minecraft Username:

Crimson_Wolfe_

The character that would be learning:

Verity Irene Hill

Character 's Race:

Half elf (Human/High elf)

Character's Age:

Which god they follow:

She follows both Arvora and Dahriim

Your most desired spell:

Though there are many spells that I would be interested in learning, my most desired spell is probably Regenerate, as it would be most useful to Verity when she doesn't have access to supplies for non-magical healing. Another spell that seems very interesting to me would be Biomancy, just because it seems REALLYY cool.

Why you think your character should be a life mage:

I feel that Verity should be a Mage mostly because it would add a very interesting aspect to roleplay. She has always wanted to follow the medical career path, so she could do what she could to help those in need. By becoming a life mage, I feel I would be able to progress her more towards her goals, and allow her to develop more as a character. 

With magic, Verity would likely be spurred back into following her childhood dream. She has wanted to become a doctor from her very early childhood,  and despite her goal being put on hold, she still dreams that with enough hard work, it could still come true. With Verity ' s personality and beliefs, she would use this gift to better both herself and the world around her.

Schedule (Usual on time availability );

: I'm generally free from 3 PM MTN - 10:30 PM MTN, (5-12:30 PM EST) Though I am available much more on weekends and breaks, Generally from ~9:00 AM MTN - 11:30 PM MTN.

Flameflower0628

Credits
50.000cr
Flameflower0628
Flameflower0628
Patron 1
Minecraft Username: Flameflower0628

The Character that would be learning: Eliana Adelheida Arnglanz (If the character is accepted for non-standard app.)

The Character's Race: Human

The Character's Age: Currently 15

Which god they follow: Dahriim, Vassas, & Oklamat

Your most desired spell: Bioshield

Why you think your character should be a Mage: I think this character should be a mage because of her birth defect, though she is (if the non-standard app is accepted) able to feel vibrations. She is not able to fight skillfully, only knowing defense.

What your character would do with magic: This character will be a humble healer, though she would restrain from making it public that she can heal. This character does not boast, nor does she like people looking at her differently with the knowledge of Life Magic.

Your Schedule (Usual online availability): Usually every day, 6-11 p.m. EST

Mazekial

Credits
50.000cr
...Ok, fair warning, I'm a wordy little jerk. And I was reminded of this fact when I came back to this page and saw the other applications.

I apologize in advance.

Minecraft Username: Mazekial
The Character that would be learning: Saninai LeShole
The Character's Race: Dark Elf
The Character's Age: 33 (Yeah, relatively young as far as his race goes, I know)
Which god they follow: He does not really have a developed religion yet, but his curious mind is most intrigued by the concepts of Vikret.

Your most desired spell: Pretty much all the spells geared around healing and support would be practical. Biomancy, however, did catch my personal attention as a potentially fun thing to use ICly. Not that that's the point, however. Which leads me to...

Why you think your character should be a Mage: Honestly? It's not entirely about becoming a mage for San. He is driven by his curiosity to understand  the world around him. Currently, this is manifested by his interests in crafting and general working with tools. But the moment he learns of the existence of magic, and the fact that it can be taught, he would be more than eager to learn about its nature and how it works. Even if somehow it turns out he doesn't have the capability to become a full-fledged mage, he would be honored just to learn the principles and mechanics of how it works. This kind of stuff is what lead him to leave his underground home for the surface in the first place.

TL;DR, If you're ever played Dragon Age: Origins, think Dagna. If you haven't played Dragon Age: Origins, San is a friggin' nerd.

It would also be a good goal for San to work towards and a way for him to develop more as a character.

What your character would do with magic: If given the blessing of being able to cast spells, especially of the school of Life Magics, he would use these abilities as responsibly as he could to help better defend himself and those he cares about, as well as anyone he thinks needs help. It would give him a significant morale boost knowing all the good he can do without having to be a major fighter himself.

Your Schedule (Usual online availability): Alright, so here is where things might get tricky. The short version is my schedule is relatively flexible. Long version...well, to rip this band-aid off: I am a silly American. I work most mornings (as far as my time zone goes) so I usually am able to get online approximately around...midnight GMT to about 4:30 AM GMT. (7-11ish PM EST) Yikes, right?

Well, I always get two days of the week off of work. One of those days is Sunday (I basically set my availability to such because it's generally my cram-day. I might be online, I might not. It just depends on what I need to do.), the other day fluctuates based on basically when work needs me the least. On that other day off, I can be online as early as about 2:00 PM GMT (9 AM EST). I can try to request a specific day to try to control that "freebie" day off if needed.

CookieTheShortcat

The Mastermind
Credits
50.000cr
MiniatureVandal
MiniatureVandal
Patron 4
Minecraft Username: TheCookieGirl101

The Character that would be learning: Ember

The Character's Race: Lirram

The Character's Age: 15

Which god they follow: Ombra

Your most desired spell: I love them all really

Why you think your character should be a Mage: She is a healer and worked at the tree, so I think this would further her abilities.

What your character would do with magic: Use it to heal others

Your Schedule (Usual online availability): GMT. Weekdays (minus holidays) I'll be on from 4:30 PM to 10:30 PM

Weekends (holiday inclusive) I'll be on from 11:30 AM until 2:00 AM

Kiwi

cool guy
Credits
50.000cr
Minecraft Username: ItsKW

The Character that would be learning: Silver

The Character's Race: Syrien

The Character's Age: 115

Which god they follow: Bahari

Your most desired spell: Regenerate

Why you think your character should be a Mage: Healing underwater is ridiculously hard in most cases - as found out when Silver recently bled out after an Aaseghai attack. And from an OOC standpoint, magic would be a fun, new thing to don on the character.

What your character would do with magic: Silver would utilise magic to heal those who cannot be healed through conventional means. However, in times of great need, he has no problem of helping others - such as when he defended Erika from a reaper.

Your Schedule (Usual online availability) 4-10PM on weekdays, 2PM-2AM on weekends and holidays.

Mayli-Song

Credits
50.000cr
Minecraft Username: MayliSong
The Character that would be learning: Ratei
The Character's Race: Vilo'tae
The Character's Age: 14
Which god they follow: Venti

Your most desired spell: Regenerate and/or Biomancy

Why you think your character should be a Mage: Ratei had always taken great joy in being able to help others. She desperately wants to be more useful to her friends and family, and really to anyone who may turn to her for assistance. She knows she's physically smaller and weaker than most, so she's seeking other ways that she can be of use. Healing and healing magic in particular caught her attention from a friend skilled in medicine and a brief but immensely helpful experience with healing magic. She's seen a lot of pain and death in recent times and can't stand the thought of not being able to do something about it.

What your character would do with magic: Help anyone in any way she could manage. She hates to see people hurting and would happily help them if she could, regardless of who they were. She'd practice healing whenever she could, desperate to feel like she was helpful and valuable. She'd also touch into the combat area of the life tree a bit, (biomancy), enough that she would be able to defend herself if things were to go badly, so everyone else didn't have to worry about her and could focus on themselves.

Your Schedule (Usual online availability): My schedule is honestly a mess, but I'm available most evenings, PST zone.

Bratman38

The Man who seems to be Everywhere
Credits
50.000cr
Bratman38
Bratman38
Patron 1

Minecraft Username: Bratman38

The Character that would be learning: Jason Ironwood

The Character's Race: Forest Elf

The Character's Age: 32

Which god they follow:Arvora

Your most desired spell: Regenrate or Glimpse of Death 

Why you think your character should be a Mage: I have done almost every single type of rp and I wish to finally do magic to help out the other mages and I wish to finally help out the world somehow besides fighting and dying

What your character would do with magic: Learn how to help and heal with the magic

Your Schedule (Usual online availability): 3-4 hours everyday and I can increase this easily if needed and my time zone is E.S.T

Okami82777

Lurking Aussie
Credits
50.000cr
The Character that would be learning:
Mira

The Character's Race:
Sinnehliv

The Character's Age:

25+

Which god they follow:

Avrora & Vikret

Your most desired spell:
Regenerate

Why you think your character should be a Mage:
Throughout most of Mira's years, she has been dabbling in medical studies. Her pursuit is strong within the medical area.
I would deem magic to be great character development.
Mira has seen some healing magic in her life and has always been interested in the inner workings of such things. Holding dearly to helping many, she felt magic would improve her skills. She sees magic as a useful ability to obtain as it has the potential to help people heal within minutes. Her dream is strong, and has creeped very close but due to some issues it never happened.
I feel that Mira, my character, would be an advantage due to my time zone, as many people who have characters with such abilities are limited by timezones, these most often being within the UK or America. 

Mira is in strong pursuits for medical study. She practices many ways to help the different races, but there is only some much one can do with manual healing.

Obtaining magic, to Mira would be amazing. A dream come true even. Mira reaches close to helping and healing, and will always hold her hand out for those studies.

Your Schedule (Usual online availability):

+11 GMT, Australia time zone; 4PM up till 12-1AM [Week Days]

Tree

Who even reads this
Event Team
Credits
50.000cr
Tree__
Tree__
Patron 7
Minecraft Username: TreeLeaf_

The Character that would be learning: Alda Draconas

The Character's Race: High Elf

The Character's Age: 16

Which god they follow: Arvora, Vikret and Vassas

Your most desired spell: Biomancy

Why you think your character should be a Mage: Alda is devout to Arvora and has sought several methods of becoming closer to her, having control over life magic would be a spectacular way of bringing himself closer to him, because it would allow him to help others sustain her Divine gift. Plus having magic allows him to be drawn to Vikret, another Deity he worships, since magic as a whole is her divine gift to the mortal world. (Plus, the chracter development would be great!)

What your character would do with magic: He would use magic to further his developing career in medicine, only relying on it solely when the extent of his mundane skills were reached, for example he may treat a war victim, or someone who has escaped from torture and he may be able to treat all bodily wounds save from the eyes. If he had magic, he would be able to act swiftly to repair the eyes using Ocular Mending. However, in regards to having access to the Arcane tree of magic, he would use this access to increase of his knowledge of the world, giving him a better understanding of how the world works.

Your Schedule (Usual online availability): GMT, 4pm - Midnight on weekdays (save from school holidays) and 10am - Midnight on the weekends.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Top Bottom