• Aethier will be updating to 1.14.4 On January 1st 2020. Beta Testing and Map development for the new server will be announced at a later date.

Should spawn be moved back to Sonaris? (1 Viewer)

Should Sonaris Be /spawn again?

• Yes.

Votes: 23 92.0%
  • No.

Votes: 2 8.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

oCoffee

MLG, Faze, Optics, You name it.
Credits
50.000cr
oCoffee
oCoffee
Patron 7
Now, I don't have any grudge against Stormfall, yes it may have memories to some players and such but does it really have to be the /spawn of the server? Now I can't build and I understand that, but I feel that Sonaris looks /way/ better. I'm not here to rank on Stormfall, not at all. I just think Sonaris looks a lot better and should be spawn again

bley

Lord of Sarcasm
Custom Items Team
Credits
18.419cr
oof_noise
oof_noise
Patron 7
This is something I've felt strongly about. I don't want Stormfall gone, rather I just want /spawn put back into Sonaris. The CT spend ages building the CT, hours of effort put into single buildings so that it looks aesthetically pleasing. Many newcomers have agreed that Sonaris is better looking, and even a lot of old-timers say that Sonaris looks better.

We don't need to get rid of Stormfall, it can still stay in Aversus for all I care, because it doesn't affect RP negatively having it here, but it does influence a newcomer's thoughts on Aethier. Stormfall has flat buildings with little depth, and while it may be "iconic" as some people call it, many people see it as lackluster when compared to Sonaris.

Sonaris also has many of the main features needed in Aethier.

• The Market
This is essential. We get Voting Keys, OOC hats, and many other items and resources from here. It is unique and iconic to Sonaris, and for some newcomers and oldtimers alike, it is something we depend on in times of need.

• The Sonaris Castle
This is another build that is unique to Sonaris. It is used to host the Council of Aversus and is where the current King of Aversus resides. It is something that everyone loves, and a massive landmark for Sonaris.

• The Carriages
Sonaris has a whole host of carriages, including Katherine's Carriage, The Spirit Tree's Carriage, the Forgotten Land's Carriage, and even the enterance to the Depths. Everyone uses these, and moving these to Stormfall would confuse people.

• The Bank
Sonaris has the Bank, used to convert Arunes to Emeralds so that players may use Shopkeepers, such as those in the Sonaris Market.

Each of these things have one thing in common:

They are unique to Sonaris.

Moving these to Stormfall would ruin the feel of both cities, as they each have their own characteristics. Sonaris has the Sonaris Castle, Stormfall has the Stormfall Ball Room. Sonaris has the Market and the Carriage areas, and Stormfall has... Ports to other towns, but most of these ports go to Sonaris.

Aethier depend on that Sonaris, and we love that Sonaris. Players don't like Stormfall now that we have Sonaris, I'm sorry to say.

We've essentially been gifted a PS3, and it's been fine for a while as we enjoy our new games, but then we've been told to go back to the PS1, and the only way to play our cool new games is to go to our friends house to play their PS3.

TL; DR: We want Sonaris back, because we like it better. We don't like Stormfall as much as the oldtimers used to back yesteryear.

View attachment 9499

B

Banned User

All over Stormfall, it has the signs:

Stay Out

Property of the Council

This really did ruin the point of a capital.

Aversus has moved on in it's time period along with the server. Sonaris looks modern to the Medieval standard of "a city." It looks fancy, nice, and in the southern western corner of the map with a large dock; it can take in shipments from Belmonte lands and Edeline.

This is as oppose to Stormfall; the dock is far away from the city itself, the place looks old and dormant; even the Court House is still looking...outdated with the lore. We are no longer in the Aeon War- yet the judge seats at for the different Aeons of Good; Neutral and Evil.

No one lives in Stormfall. No one works in Stormfall. It has two lighthouses. It has two taverns. It's trees do not match the climate it was placed in; originally, Stormfall was in the Old Worlds north-east corner. And more importantly, it has no purpose.

So yes. With this and Bleyjo's reasoning, put it back to Sonaris.

I'll still write in Capitals V2 in the far future that Stormfall was capital for a time, but it really is pointless. It doesn't even hold any strategic position.

It is just....there.

Duncan Steelfist

Humanity will endure
Credits
50.000cr
Duncania_Y
Duncania_Y
Patron 4
\ said:
Out with the old and in with the new, yet in this case the new is older then the old, so go back to the new old rather than the old old which is now the new.
"boy am I glad that he's frozen in there and that we're out here and that he's the sheriff and that we're frozen out here and that we're in there and I just remembered that we're out here, what I want to know is where's the Duncan~"

Basically what the heck did I just read?

Last edited by a moderator:
Well you know the famous phrase out with the old and in with the new?

Well in this concept the new spawn is in Stormfall, yet Stormfall is actually an older place then Sonaris.

And I want Sonaris, which is the old and yet the new in this context.

So I said words to that effect.

zergling500

Credits
50.000cr
20 to 1 vote... wow lol

anyways The way i understand it. Stormfall is the capital yes, but i also think the capital should be moved to sonaris. Stormfall is the first colony almost from what i understand its where things began but never is the first colony always the capital for ever. It is almost always replaced with something farther inland and neat. Sonaris looks better because it is the gem and sign of "prosperity of a new empire" as i would put it. The king and queen dont even live in Stormfall, does it not go unsaid that the king and queen should live in the capital? I personally being fairly new not once thought Stormfall was the capital until told and i was honestly confused and didnt 100% accept the fact for a while.

Jeroxia

4/7/2015 Crushed Dreams
Credits
50.000cr
SirSnoutwick
SirSnoutwick
Whitelisted
Still happy sonaris is Back at /spawn ish.

So much time was put in those darn houses.. and sewers XD

I thought /spawn had multiple things to go to already, like the diamond to Sonaris, the Emerald to Stormfall and whatever.

(That might be the wrong way around i didn't check ingame, I just know it's gems for one or the other, maybe a nether star in there.)

Duncan Steelfist

Humanity will endure
Credits
50.000cr
Duncania_Y
Duncania_Y
Patron 4
\ said:
I thought /spawn had multiple things to go to already, like the diamond to Sonaris, the Emerald to Stormfall and whatever.(That might be the wrong way around i didn't check ingame, I just know it's gems for one or the other, maybe a nether star in there.)
There are two spawn options, this thread is outdated.

Serethia

The Owner and Founder of Aethier
Team Leader
Founder
Developer
Lore Team
Credits
55.145cr
NiNjAiKoToBa
NiNjAiKoToBa
We're not moving back to sonaris. I'm demolishing it and moving all the buildings into stormfall aswell as we're going to remake the roads to look like those of sonaris.

We may skip on building a serer system as those were the cause of the lag issues.. But we will see down the line. Unfortunatley we dont need two server builds, and i'm committed to making Stormfall the better city

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Top Bottom