• Aethier will be updating to 1.14.4 On January 1st 2020. Beta Testing and Map development for the new server will be announced at a later date.

Sunday Market Needs You! Polls and Information (1 Viewer)

TheCreatorT

The Event Team Jinx
Credits
19.980cr
TheCreatorT
TheCreatorT
Patron 2
Hello everyone! It's me again! Due to the overwhelming amount of positive reactions (and underwhelming lack of negative replies... or positive ones for that matter :p ) I decided to start going through with starting this market idea. That being said, since this is going to be a weekly public event, I want all of your guys input on this to help me decide the format.

Below are a list of questions, with the Strawpoll Link beneath it. Most should be self explanatory, but if you need clarification or you have an alternate suggestion please comment below!

I'll likely bump this thread once or twice to make sure it gets enough input.

And without further ado...

What day of the week should the market be on?

How much FRP (Forum Roleplay) should be involved?

Where should it be hosted?

Should there be rent/taxes for the merchants?

And I think that's about it. For now at least. If I think of anything else I will make it clear. I implore everyone who wants this to become a regular thing to answer. Otherwise, thank you and have a good day!

TheCreatorT

The Event Team Jinx
Credits
19.980cr
TheCreatorT
TheCreatorT
Patron 2
A question that came up that I thought people would like to know; Where would it be if it was at it's own place?

It would likely be some sort of apolitical trading outpost or similar. While I do not have any set location I do know it would be as accessible as possible to all races/cultures as possible and would try to remain unaffected by politics, war etc.

Nerdlord57

The 57th Lord of the Nerds!
Credits
50.000cr
NerdLord57
NerdLord57
Patron 3
A question that came up that I thought people would like to know; Where would it be if it was at it's own place?

It would likely be some sort of apolitical trading outpost or similar. While I do not have any set location I do know it would be as accessible as possible to all races/cultures as possible and would try to remain unaffected by politics, war etc.
Maybe somewhere on the Spirit Isles? Or maybe in the VERY MIDDLE of the continent itself?

TheCreatorT

The Event Team Jinx
Credits
19.980cr
TheCreatorT
TheCreatorT
Patron 2
Maybe somewhere on the Spirit Isles? Or maybe in the VERY MIDDLE of the continent itself?
The middle of the continent is already kinda taken, and even if it wasn't I'm afraid it would be quickly come into conflict through war or politics unless we did a 'true neutral ground,' kind of deal.

As for the Spirit Isles... I don't know how likely that is to happen but there are other islands/isles uninhibited around the continent that could work.

TheCreatorT

The Event Team Jinx
Credits
19.980cr
TheCreatorT
TheCreatorT
Patron 2
So an update on the polls and what I think.

What day of the week should the market be on?
While Saturday is the leading one right now, it's still pretty close. I think the details of the actual weekly time will have to be discussed later to see when those hosting are available.

How much FRP (Forum Roleplay) should be involved?
FRP after the event seems to be the clear winner, and I personally agree. No arguement here.

Where should it be hosted?
A tie between hosting in a separate area and monthly rotations! To be discussed, though I am good with either personally. Perhaps to start out we'll host in cities before building such a separate area; I think a lot of people would benefit with a general purpose trading outpost. However, no decision has been made yet.

Should there be rent/taxes for the merchants?
Rent edges out free, and I agree; turns out people (I) need money and it makes sense RP/economy wise to rent out. So sorry people who want free stuff, but rent will likely happen.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Top Bottom