• Aethier will be updating to 1.14.4 On January 1st 2020. Beta Testing and Map development for the new server will be announced at a later date.

Survival Server Features poll (1 Viewer)

Serethia

The Owner and Founder of Aethier
Team Leader
Founder
Developer
Lore Team
Credits
55.179cr
NiNjAiKoToBa
NiNjAiKoToBa
So tonight, in a few fours me and @Nythoria (Maybe, if he wants to help xD) are going to start building the survival server again from scratch.

For this, i'd like to ask players what features they would like.

As it stands, the base player will get:

• Land claiming (Unsure if Mychunk, AethierClaim2, or Factions)
  • Essentialls (/home, /spawn, /msg, /tpa and so on)
  • McMMO (Debating if to link it to the Main Server)
  • iConomy (Ingame Currency, but unsure if to network arunes across the servers)
  • Aethierpay?
  • Playershops (iConomyChestShop)
  • Admin shop.
  • Playtime (Linked to the RP server's database)
  • Most of whats suggested on this thread

Who will staff it?

• All roleplay staff will be entitled to have access to the staff side of the survival server. Some staff i may even let have console access however i'd like to handpick a few players to run it. The survival server WILL be taking moderator applications, but only from people whitelisted from the Roleplay Community/Server.
What can Survival staff do?

• Anything you'd expect, such as /vanish, /tp, and /kick. You will not be able to ban, as Aethier runs a global banlist network. You must request bans Via the RP staff.
  • Moderator access to A survival server forum section (And a subforum for survival server staff)
  • A banner, because banners.
Anyway, remember this thread exists so you can put forward your suggestions for our survival server.

Remember: You can NOT:

• Transfer items between servers
  • Roleplay on the Non-RP server (If you do, its Non-Canon)
  • Transfer builds (Yeah sorry.. please use the RP server creativeworld for that.. Which we may bring down the price for under certain conditions)
  • Transfer certain perks such as custom titles. Unfortunatley these are per account, per server (There isn't much i can do about that)

Last edited by a moderator:

rauyran

Keeper
Credits
50.000cr
I vote for AethierClaim2, MCMMO and iConomy separate from main server, AethierPay

I also vote for keeping the builds as fantasy/medieval - no spaceships but no rules about magic either so floating islands would be ok.

Also a big admin shop that lets you buy and sell anything but not the best prices (high to buy, low to sell). This allows room for players to set up shops with better prices, but avoids the frustration of empty player shops. Also gives a ready source of income: harvest anything and sell it. This is a lot of work to set up so I volunteer to make this if approved.

One very successful command I have seen used on survival servers is /rtp which is a random teleport. It spaces builds out and lets people expore the map a lot more. A long cooldown (e.g. 1 hour) stops abuse.

At least 2 homes.

Allow people to create a public warp. They can use this to set up a teleport to their AethierClaim location and/or shop

Same rules as main server for automatic farms, grinders, huge cactus farms, redstone computers etc? Personally I enjoy harvesting wheat by hand, but I know people like to build cool stuff too. Maybe just restrict to no automatic farms, must be controllable by a player action such as a lever, button, pressure plate or throwing something into a hopper.

Then the eternal question: PvP or not? If we had /rtp then I would vote yes because even though I hate PvP it might be tolerable without spawn camping.

rauyran

Keeper
Credits
50.000cr
\ said:
Maybe.. Like something that makes it all a tad harder.. Or put it on hard difficulty permanent, basically big challenge should be big
Yes, should be on hard. Longer day/night if possible too.

MCMMO should scale very slowly but be uncapped. Getting to level 100 repair should be weeks work, not hours.

I'd love to see a plugin that stopped automatic health regen and required the player to sleep in a bed to restore health.

Serethia

The Owner and Founder of Aethier
Team Leader
Founder
Developer
Lore Team
Credits
55.179cr
NiNjAiKoToBa
NiNjAiKoToBa
\ said:
MCMMO can be tweaked a lot. Unarmed can be reduced in power.
We're currently working on tweaking mcmmo for the Main server before we change it elsewhere. There are certain features i'm disabling completley actually

rauyran

Keeper
Credits
50.000cr
\ said:
There are a /lot/ of cool stuff in 1.8 and some may rely on unloaded chunks to be added in, so it maybe best to wait.
One option might be to launch with a very small WorldBorder and then expand it after 1.8. That only works if new 1.8 features spawn in 1.7 worlds when chunks are generated.

bley

Lord of Sarcasm
Custom Items Team
Credits
18.419cr
oof_noise
oof_noise
Patron 7
The Survival Server should have no links to the Main RP server.

By this, I mean things like these won't carry across:

• Money
  • Donation perks
  • McMMo Skills
These should be two different servers, so people shouldn't be able to carry across money or McMMo skills, because it'd be unfair.

I have the highest Acrobatics in Aethier [At this point in time], so it would be unfair for others if I ran around jumping off of stuff, because I would take much less damage. It's unfair so on this Survival Server, we should have [for a lack of better words] a blank slate.

Money shouldn't be carried across because that is extremely unfair. People like @Miss Plums have a lot of money, so comparing them to new-ish players with only a couple of thousand, you can see how it would be massively unfair [i'm using plums as an example, because she's the one person I know that has a lot more money than most]. What I'm going to do soon is place a picture of Chaika getting fed grapes to keep your interest.

Donation Perks are things like increased hearts, more homes, better McMMo perks, etc. It's obvious why they shouldn't be carried across.

On the Survival Server, every player should start off equally, so that means no donation perks, no really high McMMo perks to start off with, and no [Or little] money.

Vise Versa, these skills or money gained in the Survival World shouldn't be transferred onto the Main RP server.

Here is the aforementioned picture:

View attachment 7369

That's my views on this. I don't see a problem with anything else, although there are things I wish to comment on:

\ said:
  • Land claiming (Unsure if Mychunk, AethierClaim2, or Factions)
We already have MyChunk and AethierClaim in use. MyChunk is used in the Resource World, which is essentially a Survival Server in itself. Factions is something I find can be fun if you're in a large group with friends, but it can be completely useless if you're bad at PvP and alone.

In my opinion, I say we should go for AethierClaim, but have the prices lowered dramatically. Turn it from 75,000 for Nobility to 20,000, plot prices from 3,000 to 800, et cetera.

\ said:
  • iConomy (Ingame Currency, but unsure if to network arunes across the servers)
We need a form of currency on the Survival Server, but do not link it to the main server. There's a massive way to just farm money, so don't. Players can get 3,000 from voting, so in a week [7 days], they can get 21,000. Imagine this with:

\ said:
In my opinion, I say we should go for AethierClaim, but have the prices lowered dramatically. Turn it from 75,000 for Nobility to 20,000, plot prices from 3,000 to 800, et cetera.
It leads to funless farming of money, and it isn't enjoyable for anyone.

I thank you for taking the time to read this, whomever actually reads it.

I'll be happy if my views on this get taken into consideration, but I'll be even happier if I actually get recognition for posting. If ya read it, please give a like or a dislike, or something to prove that I'm not actually typing to myself.

Last edited by a moderator:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Top Bottom