• [Notice] The forum migration is now complete. Please let us know if you have any issues.

[Notice] We are aware of an issue with our service provider being unable to send emails to Outlook/Hotmail emails. We are in contact with them looking for a fix. Gmail addresses are currently confirmed to be working.

[Notice] Aethier will be updating to 1.14.4 On December 28th 2019 during the EXODUS Event. If you wish to help with the construction of the new map, please contact a team leader for more information.

The Alliance of Men, Elves, Dwarves, Sinnehliv, Ogres, Emever, and Mermaids (1 Viewer)

N

NinjoNick

*This letter is sent to the heads of every Noble House*

Dear Friends,

The rumors appear to be true, the Noble House Belmonte has appeared to disappear. As the High King Felix has no Heir it is our time to start anew.

During the Rebellion, I created this Alliance to keep the rebels together in order for a more concentrated war effort. Now that Belmonte appears to be gone it is time to make the Alliance more open to all the Houses.

I would like to propose an ideal that the Rebellion put in place of a King. Instead of a Monarchy Aethius has instead a world run by a Counsel. There would be no one Leader and all the Houses have the same say as the others. We are all equals in this Land. And we must form together or another War is bound to happen.

As the former Rebellion will most likely join this infant Alliance I would deem it wise for you to also join. If we all truly want peace then we must by all means work together as soon as possible. I wish you all Luck.

Signed,

Noble Galafron Wake Bulgar of Kharud-bur

(If Belmonte decides to return before the alliance is formed this thread will be deleted and reconed if Nini allows it)

yoda74

An Evening Girl, Fond Of The Twilight Hours
Credits
50.000cr
A hastily-, but irregardlessly nobly-scribbled letter is returned to Galafron, but not to any others. It seems shabby, but it looks important.

To Noble Galafron Wake Bulgar of Kharud-bur,

I am, or was, Franco de Maestri of House Belmonte the fallen, bastard son of Severo, former hand of the former king and heir to the throne. I am second-in-line, and with the king and his heir (my father) gone it seems I am the one with the most claim to the throne. For my father was cousin of the king; he may have not been the most closely related, but he was related. That gives me more claim than any others, whether they have an army at their side or not. I would like, as heir to the throne, be recognised as the new king. I wish for no combat between anyone - for the choices Felix made were not mine.

Once I am recognised as the rightful king by all houses and crowned, the new kingdom shall be much more truthful, honest and fair. I promise it:I swear in the eye of the gods.

Anyone who opposes me shall not face my army; for I have none. I expect that, if you are to decide against me before I am even crowned, the gods shall pass judgement upon you.

For now, I renounce all Belmontian right to better treatment than the rest of the kingdom.

I am no longer Franco de Maestri of House Belmonte; bastard son of Severo, hand of the L'Empereur; and second-in-line to the throne of Aethius.

I am King Franco I, the Wise, the Just, the Uniting and the Righteous.

It is not properly signed off, and there is no red wax with a family's emblem.

Last edited by a moderator:
N

NinjoNick

To this "King Franco the First",

If you apparently have no army or power then why do you command to be The King? If you are in fact Wise then consider this-

The Age of Kings is over. As the Founder of the Alliance I will give you permission to keep what is left of your house and join us.

However, if you refuse and continue to demand to be crowned as King, Belmonte will have to be destroyed. And if the Gods are truly just they would know never to trust a Belmontians.

You do not seem as wise as you make yourself out to be. For your sake I beg that you are actually a fake as you have not signed your letter with the Royal Seal.

Signed,

Noble Galafron Wake Bulgar

*It is sealed with the Bulgar Emblem*

Duncan Steelfist

Humanity will endure
Credits
50.000cr
Duncania_Y
Duncania_Y
Patron 4
\ said:
A hastily-, but irregardlessly nobly-scribbled letter is returned to Galafron, but not to any others. It seems shabby, but it looks important.

To Noble Galafron Wake Bulgar of Kharud-bur,

I am, or was, Franco de Maestri of House Belmonte the fallen, bastard son of Severo, former hand of the former king and heir to the throne. I am second-in-line, and with the king and his heir (my father) gone it seems I am the one with the most claim to the throne. For my father was cousin of the king; he may have not been the most closely related, but he was related. That gives me more claim than any others, whether they have an army at their side or not. I would like, as heir to the throne, be recognised as the new king. I wish for no combat between anyone - for the choices Felix made were not mine.

Once I am recognised as the rightful king by all houses and crowned, the new kingdom shall be much more truthful, honest and fair. I promise it:I swear in the eye of the gods.

Anyone who opposes me shall not face my army; for I have none. I expect that, if you are to decide against me before I am even crowned, the gods shall pass judgement upon you.

For now, I renounce all Belmontian right to better treatment than the rest of the kingdom.

I am no longer Franco de Maestri of House Belmonte; bastard son of Severo, hand of the L'Empereur; and second-in-line to the throne of Aethius.

I am King Franco I, the Wise, the Just, the Uniting and the Righteous.

It is not properly signed off, and there is no red wax with a family's emblem.
The belmonte house having forsaken us all and left a political gap i deem not worthy to rule upon the throne, they started the war plunging the world into chaos and now that peace reigns their blood wish to rule once more?

No, and i publicly denounce the notion of any more high rulers of the world if you wish to be king it's in your own lands, where you can have your own say. But I believe the rest of us stand together when we say, we want control of our lands.

Duncan Xenmos Steelfist, the inventor, the second ruler of the aethius, the partially mad.

*the once house xenmos symbol*

Dear Noble Galafron Wake Bulgar of Kharud-bur.

Although I did not receive a letter from you as I am not technically part of any house I heard of what you are planning and as such I ask you this. If you want a truly fair and representative council system why should it only be open to individual Houses? I personally believe that any noble whom is in command of a region should be granted a seat in this Alliance as during the rebellion the leader was not in fact part of a House himself. Those of us whom are Lords and Ladies of the land have as much claim to be in this as those whom are Lords and Ladies of Noble Houses outright.

Signed,

Duchess Ketty of the Noble City of Chrystallia.

*The Chrystallian Seal is set in dark blue wax.*

B

Banned User

Dear Galafron.

You are truly going to try and bring peace by creating a Council?

Interesting, and wise.

I once tried doing this, I'm sure I told you. The beloved Pact idea was a grand idea at the age, but sadly, failed due to my lack of power within the royalty and monarch system where Felix had power, and took the Crown, won by vote.

Felix said he'd work alongside me to get this Pact running, but evidently, never did. If you wish to make this peace between kingdoms, you know that I am overjoyed you are doing this.

While I cannot offer any support due to having no power, I smile for you and pray to the gods that you build this well and fairly.

Thank you Galafron, my brother.

Love you. Take care.

-Lana

yoda74

Credits
50.000cr
The messenger pigeon is hard at work.

Noble Galafron Wake Bulgar,

You have raised valid and strong points there, my lords. Might I remind you that I am not my father, nor Felix? I am not, any longer, a Belmontian. I have no house sigil because I have no house.

I don not stand for this throne because I want to rule over you all, and I have no reason to oppress any who have rightfully stood against House Belmonte in the past. Yes, I have no army. And, from your point of view, I may not even be wise. Yet, I refuse to be looked upon as a bad person purely for my blood. I am a bastard, do you recall? I am not of Belmontian blood alone. I knew not my mother, but from what I can tell she has given me traits I will hope to use for the good of this kingdom.

You will all have control over your own lands. I will not take anything from you forcefully, and will not require from you something I cannot give.

As king all I will do is ensure that there is order; I will finalise details and ensure that a neutral party is involved in every quarrel, and that every point of view and possible outcome is discussed -before- each hold or house makes a decision. I may be a king, but I am not to be tyrannical governor of the lands.

My kingship shall not be the same unfairness you have had before. Every other king has owned something; and had to think about himself, and his land, his kin and house before making decisions involving others.

I have none of these. I am only here to serve the realm as its rightful king; but not its ruler.

And, of course, ye shall ask me of my credentials. Yes, I have been brought up a Belmontian; but I might remind you that I cannot be biased towards folk who are dead. I have studied politics since I was able to speak, helped manage problems within society since I have known of them, and insisted upon fair and equal treatment to both the rich and the poor since I first watched a homeless mother beg my father for a few coins.

I swear I shall be just , once again, in the eyes of the gods. I am the rightful king in the eyes of the gods, and I intend to take the crown my father's cousin held above his head and put it to the use it was initially intended for. Good.

Will you, leaders of houses across the land, aid me in this unification, in this peace-bringing and in this supporting of our realm, in the eyes of the gods? I may be unable to reward you for any loyalty you pass to me now, but in the future your good deeds will pay off themselves. Do not distrust me for the stubbornness that the kings of times before has passed to you. Instead, have faith in my for the good that will come of it. Leadership is necessary, though you may not think it from the terribleness you have experienced.

A group of only the highest of nobles, all with themselves to think of, will not all always act for the good of the realm. And who other than the rightful king, a fair man with no alliance, should take this crown?

I plead you do not make a mistake that you may regret. One day, someone with more power than I will come for kingship, and they may not be one with everyone's best interests in mind...

And so I suggest, to close this letter, that we form a meeting. Noble Galafron Wake Bulgar, please invite all land owners to a meeting at the spirit tree at a time that suits you. I have no other jobs to do, unsurprisingly - so I shall be prepared to meet (at the Spirit Tree) whenever you think is best. I thank you for your time so far, and I hope that I will at some point be able to return the favour - and if you help with this, return your debt.

We must sort this newly-arisen problem before it becomes a sour one; for one man's problem is another's opportunity.

This, I think, is an opportunity for us all.

N

NinjoNick

To Duchess Ketty of the Noble City of Chrystallia,
Do not think I will now allow any house of Aethius to become part of the Alliance. Anyone who is considered a Noble may join. We will end Monarchy forever and start a new Age where all rule instead of one. Join us and live in prosperity.
Signed,
Noble Galafron Wake Bulgar
*Sealed with the Bulgar Emblem*

N

NinjoNick

Dear Noble Franco,

I under what power I have grant you permission to be the King of Arvilla and the surrounding Area.

You may build your Kingdom from where it stands.

And this is my last warning to you. If you decide to build an army and take the Crown I will personally meet you in battle and I shall remove your head from your body.

I will never allow a King to rule Aethius again. Belmontians have done nothing but cause pain. And if another force chooses to try and take the crown I shall meet Them in battle.

Leave us alone and we shall leave you alone. I don't want to take a life when it could be prevented.

Signed,

Galafron Wake Bulgar

*Sealed in Bulgar's Emblem*

(I hate to disagree but the fact is the nobles would be going mad and sending letters among themselves in the event of a crisis. I think Nick's char is fully allowed to not need to calm down when a cheeky little child of a Belmontian is trying to take power without force. OOCly we're all friends here, so just let the RP continue unless you want to belittle our RP's by calling them Rofl RP's like Mega did?)

yoda74

Credits
50.000cr
A somewhat challenging letter is sent to all land-owners in the realm, and because I don't want to write it all again it contains what I've already sent to Galafron.

In addition, Galafron's most recent letter is also included in the letter. Under that, Franco writes:

It would be unwise of me to challenge a man, filled with rage towards my family and monarchy, in what he believes. However, I do not think he speaks for the realm of Aethius, as he has made out to do. After all, is the point of an alliance that none shall have power over another. There's an awful lot of "I" in his letter.

And so I ask what you think. Bring your wife, your children, your servants, even your livestock.. This kingdom belongs to its people; not to a tyrannical king, and not to an alliance of nobles fronted by an anti-monarchist. I mean no offence by this, Noble Galafron Wake Bulgar, but it is the truth - and I will not lie.

No further negotiations will take place by messenger pigeon between the richest. All shall decide not only on their king, but on the fate of the realm. You will not choose a ruler, but a direction.

You will all receive another when times and location for this meeting has been finalised. I suggest that, if you want a say if the future of the realm, you come in peace.

All messages from Franco would cease from this point.

@Silvertread I've nothing else to say, and I don't want to push things through too quickly. You are right, if we do everything at once it may end up slightly tacky along the line.

@ShimmeringShadow You are correct! OOC shouldn't affect this, however I think it's fair that everyone should see what's going on before we get too far.

(@yoda74 as long as there is the option to choose to not have a king at this meeting I am okay with it, however with something as important as this I believe than an ingame event might be slightly unfair due to timezones, maybe it should just be that the candidates put forth their cases at an event or the King/Queen is chosen or not chosen at an event in terms of the results are made public?)

yoda74

Credits
50.000cr
(I think it would depend on how an initial event proceeds. For example, the nobles may decide that the people are not given a say in the matter. There's no use setting up a poll if Galafron decides to kill me on sight! Perhaps have at least a discussion amongst those in power - not mandatory for everyone, but attendable by anyone - that will establish the following steps. We are very early into the entire matter.

You are right, however, it can't be fair OOC-ly because not everyone can be on at once. Representatives of every house is more likely, which is why I suggest it first.

Then, in a thread - potentially with a poll, if the people are given the choice to vote - they may make their own decision. Alternatively, as I said, the alliance will have chosen the best outcome on behalf of the citizens of the realm and in that case I guess results will be made public. They will be either way, I promise that I will do my best to ensure that nothing is OOC-ly done behind closed doors. I swear in the eyes of you lot, or, uh, the staff, 'cause I don't believe in no gods.
)

N

NinjoNick

(Galafron had to suffer through a King once he will never do it again. If a Dwarf's trust is broken it's gone forever. If Galafron sound mad right now he should. He has been through a lot recently and just wants peace without a King. As I do not want a King. No hard feelings if Galafron offended anybody correct? Galafron won't kill a man on sight. He might break your spine but that's not death, just paralysis.)

yoda74

Credits
50.000cr
\ said:
(Galafron had to suffer through a King once he will never do it again. If a Dwarf's trust is broken it's gone forever. If Galafron sound mad right now he should. He has been through a lot recently and just wants peace without a King. As I do not want a King. No hard feelings if Galafron offended anybody correct? Galafron won't kill a man on sight. He might break your spine but that's not death, just paralysis.)
( <3 No hard feelings buddy - if I'm paralysed I shouldn't feel anything anyway.

I suppose what Franco would try to repeat to you is that he is not a King that will be "suffered" through. He wants peace, but he doesn't think it'll happen if there's no deciding voice to cease arguments between the nobles of an alliance - of house leaders.

Nevertheless, that's not necessarily my opinion, but Franco's! Ah, the joys of having to RP something you wouldn't actually do for the sake of reality... Heh. This is fun already.

As a little note to @NinjoNick and all other skeptics - and this is completely OOC - you have no reason to mistrust yoda74. He has done nothing, and he will not do anything, to hurt anyone on this server. Yoda74 is not power-hungry, or planning to backstab anyone. He has no ideals of changing the server; that is all up to Franco. Yoda74 is (hopefully, in your eyes) a nice guy. He is a role-player.

)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Top Bottom