• Aethier will be updating to 1.14.4 On January 1st 2020. Beta Testing and Map development for the new server will be announced at a later date.

The Skjöldung Tribe (1 Viewer)

NTE_Killer4life

Happy lil' Halfling
Credits
50.000cr
((This is a bit of a WIP until I get more ideas for the clan. People are able to join though! ))

[SIZE=22pt]The Skjöldung Tribe[/SIZE]

[SIZE=18pt]€œVictory or Vaetgard€[/SIZE]

View attachment 11973

[SIZE=22pt]History[/SIZE]

[SIZE=20pt]Amongst the many tribes within Northern Anion, there was the Skjöldung tribe. From an outsider€™s point of view, they were seen as one of the most ferocious and blood thirsty out of all of the tribes. Most Avaltans of different tribes would disagree with that statement. The tribe was started by an Avaltan by the name of, €œNadim Skjöldung€. The creation of the tribe dates back to the very first creation of Avaltans. Nadim established the tribe with the intention of raiding the lands surrounding the Avaltan territory and pillaging their towns for loot and resources. More and more Avaltans began to join the tribe and bind themselves to it as if it was the family that raised them. To this day there are still traces of the tribe and varying Avaltans who still keep the tribe going strong.[/SIZE]

View attachment 11973

[SIZE=22pt]Culture[/SIZE]

[SIZE=20pt]Those in the Skj̦ldung clan keep a fire in their bellies when it comes to fighting in battle. As most Avaltans they also see the gods as being a bunch of weaklings and only wish to go to Vaetgard when they die. Any enemy that crosses an Avaltan۪s kin or disrespects them are subject to one of the most gruesome tortures known to an Avaltan. The Bloody Hawk. [/SIZE]

[SIZE=20pt](Spoiler because you shouldn€™t read it if you have a weak stomach. It is gory. You have been warned)[/SIZE]

[SIZE=20pt]The Bloody Hawk consists of binding a person to a timber and cutting at their back with a sharp weapon. After making large incisions, the ribs are broken back to access the lungs and then the lungs are set upon each shoulder of the victim.[/SIZE]

View attachment 12336

[SIZE=20pt](No player will be forced to watch this. You should either FTB / Fast forward or ask for consent before conducting the roleplay for this torture)[/SIZE]
[SIZE=20pt]Those in the tribe only believe that getting into Vaetgard is possible by dying in battle or aiding their kin. Every Skjöldung Avaltan are taught the necessary skills to survive in the harsh wilderness of the North. In order to do so they were taught how to hunt, skin animals, tan leather, fight, and cook. Everyone in the tribe would die for their Jarl and show devotion and obedience towards him/her. Anyone who would disagree would be exiled from the tribe and shunned.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=20pt]Traditions[/SIZE]

Honor Duels

[SIZE=20pt]Challenging other people to an honor duel is a long lived tradition amongst the tribe members. The challenge is initiated by someone drawing the weapon and verbally challenging the opponent. If the challenged draws their weapon, the honor duel has begun and no one around them will interfere or they will bring dishonor to the challenger. Most honor duels are to the death due to the fact in the culture of the tribe you must die in battle to go to Vaetgard. To be spared would be an insult and humiliation to their family.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=20pt]Bear Hunting[/SIZE]

[SIZE=20pt]Participating in great hunts is yet another tradition the tribe holds. The hunters would venture far out into the North in search of great bears so that they may continue to create clothing for their people. Not only that, but have tales to tell to their children and their wives. [/SIZE]

[SIZE=20pt]Axe throwing [/SIZE]

[SIZE=20pt]Some in the tribe use a crossbow as ranged weaponry, but decide against it due to its long reload time. Bows are available to their use, but for a an axe wielder it is different. Various Avaltans in the tribe practice the art of Axe Throwing. Not only could it save one of their kin in the midst of battle, it is quite effective if done properly. Axe throwing Competitions are held every few septs amongst the tribe members. Each thrower gets a total of 6 axes to throw. The thrower stands 40 meters away from the mannequin. One round the mannequin is still. The second round is a moving mannequin strapped to an imitation of a horse on wheels. Money is bet on who will get the best score. The targets themselves are straw stuffed mannequins with targets upon each limb, the face, the torso, and the legs. The arms and legs are scored with 5 points. The torso is scored with 10 points. The head is 20 points. The thrower loses points if the axe misses the mannequin entirely. The thrower loses 20 points for each axe[/SIZE]

View attachment 11973

[SIZE=20pt]Attire[/SIZE]

[SIZE=20pt]Everyone in the tribe typically wears leather, chainmail, and pelts. However, it is not uncommon to see a few wearing plate armor. But most frown upon it due to fact plate hinders easy and quick movement. Along with their attire, a tribe shield is proudly worn and used to honor their kinsfolk. In addition to equipping the tribe shield, some warriors adorn face paint of the tribe colors. Red and Black.[/SIZE]

View attachment 11973

[SIZE=22pt]Initiation[/SIZE]

[SIZE=20pt]Every Avaltan must prove themselves to the Tribe leader through a trial by combat until knock out with nothing but your bare fists. The initiate must fight one of the tribe elders one on one in a pit. If the initiate defeats the elder, he/she is accepted into the clan. Even losing will get them into the tribe as long as they do not give up and fight with all they€™ve got. Even if it means they are a bloody mess until the end. [/SIZE]

[SIZE=20pt]After the battle a blood pact is done by the Tribe leader. The leader slits his palm with a hunting knife and the initate does the same. They both grip hands, then grip their forearms while reciting the tribe oath. [/SIZE]

[SIZE=20pt]€œBy my honor as an Avaltan, I will raise my shield and weapon to my brothers and sisters of the tribe. Glory to the Jarl and peace to my Ancestors that have passed into Vaetgard before me. By blood I will devote myself to nothing but the tribe, my kin, and my jarl. If I betray them or my tribe, may I be damned to the fire and denied access to Vaetgard forever. Hail to the Jarl! Victory or Vaetgard!€[/SIZE]

[SIZE=20pt]After the oath is recited, a big feast is had amongst the tribe members with drinking and singing as they welcome the new member of the tribe.[/SIZE]

View attachment 11973

˜  =Blooded š”= Trial completed

[SIZE=22pt]Current Tribe Leader[/SIZE]

[SIZE=22pt]Hakon Skjöldung[/SIZE]

[SIZE=22pt]Current Tribe Elders[/SIZE]

[SIZE=22pt]N/A[/SIZE]

[SIZE=22pt]Current Tribe members[/SIZE]

[SIZE=29.3333px]Sandor [/SIZE]˜ š”

[SIZE=22pt]Current tribe initiates[/SIZE]

N/A

[SIZE=22pt]Dead / Missing [/SIZE]

[SIZE=22pt]Rokir Frostheart @Bratman38[/SIZE]

[SIZE=22pt]Astrid @Glammy[/SIZE]

[SIZE=22pt]Horgin @PancakeWrinkles [/SIZE]š”

View attachment 11973

[SIZE=22pt]((If you wish to join the tribe, fill out the application below))[/SIZE]

[SIZE=22pt]((OOC))[/SIZE]

[SIZE=22pt]Username:[/SIZE]

[SIZE=22pt]How much time have you been on Aethier?[/SIZE]

[SIZE=22pt]Teamspeak and Skype name:[/SIZE]

[SIZE=22pt]Are you aware that if your character betrays the tribe you may be subject to torture?[/SIZE]

[SIZE=22pt]Why do you want to join?[/SIZE]

[SIZE=22pt]IC[/SIZE]

[SIZE=22pt]Name:[/SIZE]

[SIZE=22pt]Age:[/SIZE]

[SIZE=22pt]Race: Avaltan[/SIZE]

[SIZE=22pt]Why do you wish to join the tribe?[/SIZE]

[SIZE=22pt]Will you partake in the trial and swear the oath?[/SIZE]

[SIZE=22pt]Axe or Sword?[/SIZE]

[SIZE=22pt]Do you swear to cut all past ties to any other organization or order?[/SIZE]

[[Any comments should either be an application or questions regarding the tribe. Nothing else]]

Last edited by a moderator:

DayLighter

Lore Printing Press
Lore Team
Build Team
Progression Team
Subscriber
Credits
15.914cr
DayLighter
DayLighter
Patron 7
Just as a helpful remark. Akdun is a person rather than an event or place 'The Akdun' would not exactly be correct. He does have other titles I had written into the lore tho.~

Bratman38

The Man who seems to be Everywhere
Credits
50.000cr
Bratman38
Bratman38
Patron 1
Username:Bratman38

How much time have you been on Aethier? Not much but I can easily increase my time

Teamspeak and Skype name: Bratman38

Are you aware that if your character betrays the tribe you may be subject to torture?Yes I realize this

Why do you want to join? I wish to have more rp and get more experience and such

IC

Name: Rokir Frostheart

Race: Avaltan

Why do you wish to join the tribe?I wish to help the tribe succeed and wish to gain power but mostly to help succeed

Will you partake in the trial and swear the oath? Yes I do

Axe or Sword? Sword

Do you swear to cut all past ties to any other organization or order? I have not joined any order or organizations so yes I swear to cut all past ties

Wendigo

Forest Ghost
Credits
50.000cr
((OOC))​

Username: WannabePianist​

How much time have you been on Aethier? 1 year.​

Teamspeak and Skype name: Glammy; live:glammymemes_1​

Are you aware that if your character betrays the tribe you may be subject to torture? Naw [yeah]​

Why do you want to join? Looks like fun~​

​

IC​

Name: Labrynth/ Astrid​

Race: Half-Avaltan​

Why do you wish to join the tribe? It feels nice to belong somewhere.​

Will you partake in the trial and swear the oath? I do.​

Axe or Sword? Sword​

Do you swear to cut all past ties to any other organization or order? Aye.​

​

NTE_Killer4life

Happy lil' Halfling
Credits
50.000cr
((OOC))​

Username: WannabePianist​

How much time have you been on Aethier? 1 year.​

Teamspeak and Skype name: Glammy; live:glammymemes_1​

Are you aware that if your character betrays the tribe you may be subject to torture? Naw [yeah]​

Why do you want to join? Looks like fun~​

​

IC​

Name: Labrynth/ Astrid​

Race: Half-Avaltan​

Why do you wish to join the tribe? It feels nice to belong somewhere.​

Will you partake in the trial and swear the oath? I do.​

Axe or Sword? Sword​

Do you swear to cut all past ties to any other organization or order? Aye.​

​

Hakon glances over the note and nods once. He writes back to her. "We will accept oh as an initiate but you better prove you have more Avaltan blood.. "

[[I would also like to ask that people only post if you are applying. if it is pic or comments I do not want them here. Thank you.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Top Bottom