• Aethier will be updating to 1.14.4 On January 1st 2020. Beta Testing and Map development for the new server will be announced at a later date.

The Watchers (1 Viewer)

N

NinjoNick

Lore:

When Galafron sent a letter out to the Noble Houses of Aethius proposing an Alliance he also made plans for a small group of people to keep watch over Aethius and make sure another Evil is kept at bay.

Any person willing to fight for the safety of the peoples of Aethius.

Now he asks for his friends and allies to aid in ensuring that no great evil force will rise and defeat the forces of good.

Rules:

1: Your character MUST be good, or at least neutral. A completely evil character cannot join the group as they would be seen as an enemy.

2: Each member is obligated to help once they join. If a member is attacked and loses their home then the other members MUST help their brethren.

3: There is to be no fighting or killing between members. Sparring is allowed as well as friendly brawling, however as a brotherhood we cannot fight ourselves. The only exemption is when a member becomes evil and must be defeated.

4: If a member is being hunted by the law unjustly that member is to be taken in safety into a safe haven where the leaders will make negotiations to ensure the outlaws safety and freedom, however if the member did break a law he or she will serve a sentence as long as it's not life in prison or death.

5: Each person is to be treated with equal respect. It does not matter if you are a King or a farmer. Every person is to be treated the same.

Ranks:

Founder and possible Leader: Galafron Wake Bulgar (NinjoNick)

Second in Command: (If possible Lana Wake as I know Wake already wants to join.)

Elders:

Standard Members:

New Members:

What You Get:

A member of this Brotherhood does not get much of anything in theory. However, if you join you will receive food, weapons, knowledge, and a home if needed. WE ARE NOT AN ARMY. We would only be an army if we need to be. Remember that if just one insane serial killer is loose only a small force will be sent out to track him or her down.

If you already part of a other Guild you are still allowed to join the group. As long as the leader of the other organization is alright with that.

Application:

OOC

MineCraft Username:

Character Alignment:

IC

RP Name:

Race:

Skills:

Reason For Joining:

(Anyone can join but I OOC and Galafron IC would like to know more about potential members)

N

NinjoNick

Please note that if I need to make a Lore application I will pull this thread down and post it there. This Organization is in its infancy. It's name, meaning, and everything about it can be changed until it becomes official in RP.

I also want to thank @xviggyx as I used his thread as a pointer to create a great organization.

I do not expect this to go anywhere in RP but anybody who wishes to join is welcome to join!

mistaahh

Dungeon Master
Credits
50.000cr
MineCraft Username: mistaahh

Character Alignment: Lawful good

IC

RP Name: Alistair Stoneshield

Race: Human

Skills: Sword and shield/skirmishing

Reason For Joining: Alistair is sick of wandering around and wishes to settle

Silvertread

Credits
50.000cr
I have one suggestion. Maybe you should replace "The character has to be Good" with "The character has to be in good standing.", as you can't read an alignment from people's faces. Other than that it's awesome!

Might even get Arden to join this. :3

N

NinjoNick

When my computer is fixed I will make this official. Thank you Mist for being the first person to join us.

And Silver, being of Good Standing means nothing to me. Remember that Galafron used to be a criminal. Even Malise who had eaten people in the past would be allowed to join as long as she kept from her rather exotic eating habits.

I am going to write a big dramatic pledge thingy that new members will have to recite in order to join.

As for a Headquarters I was thinking more of Kharud-bur or Luniath. @Piratep00f could we possibly make a headquarters a bit farther down into the Mountain as a Headquarters?

And as a Last Note. Does anybody have any better ideas for a name for the Group? I want something that sounds really cool OOC and inspiring IC.

B

Banned User

MineCraft Username: wakerman4

Character Alignment: Neutral Good

RP Name: Lady Lana "Luck" Wake.

Race: Emever Lightborn

Skills: Intelligence, freerunner, stealth, speed, extremely memorable and loyal.

Reason For Joining: Wishing best to aid Galafron and helping the Kingdom become a much better place since the betrayal of King Felix.

mistaahh

Dungeon Master
Credits
50.000cr
Sorry Nick, Luniath is GD turf.

Mist doesn't lile armed guilds settling in luniath.

And yeah, apart from that, this is very interesting.

B

Banned User

..If it's a secret brotherhood....

...why have a guild base at all?

N

NinjoNick

More or less secret. I think it would be nice of the public was aware that a brotherhood exists but not know who is in it. And Mist, this is not a standing army. Think of the Order of The Phoenix from Harry Potter. No real army but when the need arises the members would be called to a meeting. This is how it would work in my head.

There would be Galafron who would be the only puplicly known member unless another member says that he or she is in the Brotherhood. There would be "spies" if you will which will be asked to go around Aethius and if they see signs of evil they would tell an Elder or Galafron as soon as possible and Galafron would ask a certain amount of people to go and hunt the person down and see what the crimes are or see if the accused is innocent. Then if the accused proves to be guilty then the criminal will serve a sentence with whomever the criminal caused harm too.

For example: If Lucifer went on a massive rampage in Sonaris then Galafron would send a group of extremely skilled warriors and diplomats to first reason with Lucifer, if Lucifer resists then we will be forced to incapacitate him or in a VERY extreme case kill the criminal if lethal force is needed. If Lucifer is incapacitated then Galafron would take him to Sonaris to be tried for his crimes. And Sonaris would carry out the sentence that they give.

I am thinking instead of one large meeting place we have the main location and many "Hideouts" around Aethius. As the Green Demons seem to be slightly like The Watchers prehapes Galafron can settle a small Alliance with them and Jeroxia and Eala of some sort. Sonaris is not the best spot to keep a secretish Brotherhood. We could have a small base there but it would have to be well hidden. I am thinking in the Old Dungeons under the Sonaris Palace. As very few know not to get inside and have cells to hold prisoners and to hold secret meetings.

I have also been trying to write a pledge that members have to say infront of Galafron to be a full member. Here is the first draft-

"I swear to keep Evil at bay.

I swear to keep the identities of my Brothers and Sisters safe and secret.

I swear to never turn against my Brothers and Sisters willingly

I swear to remain a member until death take me.

I swear to never submit to Evil and I shall fight whatever Evil lies ahead

I am a member of The Watchers."

Before you say "IT'S FOR LIFE EW NO!!" As there is very little evil in Aethius now it's not like you will be fighting demons every day. But if Galafron asks for your character to help and refus then we are going to have some problems. You will be asked to serve even if you are 500 years old and can barely walk. You would be asked for help in research or something like that.

B

Banned User

\ said:
Before you say "IT'S FOR LIFE EW NO!!" As there is very little evil in Aethius now it's not like you will be fighting demons every day. But if Galafron asks for your character to help and refus then we are going to have some problems. You will be asked to serve even if you are 500 years old and can barely walk. You would be asked for help in research or something like that.
I'm very sure that's going to change in the future.

As for "hideouts", that's not exactly a good idea either. We ain't the Dark Brotherhood. What I was thinking of is sort of like what Uncle Iroh did on that chess board in the Last Airbender to talk to the Order of Lotus.

You have a secret combination or code or phrase to go by to speak to other members.

N

NinjoNick

\ said:
Oo~ I've come up with twenty ways to speak against this group, and how to make it look like the bad guys.
Shh You don't even know it exists yet. And why would you? If you HAVE to be good or Lawful Neutral to join how on earth could they be Bad Guys?

If you do it IC then whatever, Galafron won't be pleased. If you do it OOC I will defiantly not be pleased.

Last edited:

Deathmoron

Credits
50.000cr
\ said:
Shh You don't even know it exists yet. And why would you? If you HAVE to be good or Lawful Neutral to join how on earth could they be Bad Guys?If you do it IC then whatever, Galafron won't be pleased. If you do it OOC I will defiantly not be pleased.
It's easy to twist people's words, and manipulate other's perspectives on people!

How would a group of good/neutral be bad guys? All perspectives.

Why would I?

N

NinjoNick

When your character learns of their existence then go ahead. But who would believe that there was a group of people who acted like a Superhero team? Sounds pretty far fetched to me.

N

NinjoNick

\ said:
As for "hideouts", that's not exactly a good idea either. We ain't the Dark Brotherhood. What I was thinking of is sort of like what Uncle Iroh did on that chess board in the Last Airbender to talk to the Order of Lotus.

You have a secret combination or code or phrase to go by to speak to other members.
You (hopefully) saw what Death said. People would hate this group even if we keep them safe. I would be surprised if it was public and we were welcomed with open arms. Galafron will serve as the experiment as he will be the only publicly known member. And as for a secret code I will need to make a Lore Submission for that wouldn't I? Unless you wanted the Watchers to all learn how to speak Aquatic or Dwarven or something. But I will try and create a code so you know members from nonmembers.

Deathmoron

Credits
50.000cr
\ said:
When your character learns of their existence then go ahead. But who would believe that there was a group of people who acted like a Superhero team? Sounds pretty far fetched to me.
Lots would, since this isn't the first time it happened~

mistaahh

Dungeon Master
Credits
50.000cr
\ said:
You (hopefully) saw what Death said. People would hate this group even if we keep them safe. I would be surprised if it was public and we were welcomed with open arms. Galafron will serve as the experiment as he will be the only publicly known member. And as for a secret code I will need to make a Lore Submission for that wouldn't I? Unless you wanted the Watchers to all learn how to speak Aquatic or Dwarven or something. But I will try and create a code so you know members from nonmembers.
Code is easily made, think of ww2

Americans identifying eachother: Thunder!"

The other would reply with "Lightning!" That kinda thing.

\ said:
Lots would, since this isn't the first time it happened~
Death, stop trying to agitate Nick.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Top Bottom