• Aethier will be updating to 1.14.3 On January 1st 2020. Beta Testing and Map development for the new server will be announced at a later date.

Wert's upcoming 3D pack (1 Viewer)

Wertologist

Whitelisted
Wertologist
Wertologist
Whitelisted
I'm working on a 3D pack for the server. It will be able to be applied right over any pack you may be using so you don't have to choose which one you'd want. The goal is to make 3D models/textures for various kinds of weapons so when you name the item a certain way, it will adopt the model/texture.

-First step is covering basic and simple designs like a simple sword and a simple spear.

-Second step will be to add more fancy versions of the simple ones. They will serve to make people with authority stand out a bit more when their sword has a nice gold hilt or something.

-Third step will be to take custom requests for player weapons. This will mean that if you had a weapon you wanted a unique model/texture to, I could include it in the pack so everyone could see it.

For now, I'm just letting people know I'm working on this. I'm not taking requests for uniques right now. I'm only taking ideas/suggestions for the kinds of weapons I will include. I'll avoid redundancies when possible, but I need more ideas for the various kinds of weapons I will include. So feel free to list some ideas. Want me to include a glaive? Mention a glaive with a link to a reference picture. Want me to include a scimitar? Mention a scimitar with a link to a reference picture. You get the idea. Just list weapon types along with a picture(so I have something to model it after) and it'll help me as I can't think of what kinds to really add.

Reminder: This is the first phase so no uniques or luxury. Just simple mass produced. Item requests like food or other items are also permitted.

If you want to see the progress I've done so far, take a look at my album:
https://www.aethier.co.uk/forums/index.php?media/albums/3d-items-pack.2/
-------------------------------------------------
To-do list:

Phase 1 weapons:
recurve bow

BETA: http://www.mediafire.com/file/m5cuwxv2cpddu3r/Wert's+3D+Pack+2-27-19.zip

Last edited:

Wertologist

Whitelisted
Wertologist
Wertologist
Whitelisted
The gladius is doable. The English longsword is a little too similar to the basic simple sword I made already so it's kind of redundant. The Dirk is pretty much just a dagger. I can make daggers, but it's going to be hard to make them look different unless the design is different. The Dirk looks like a basic dagger so It's probably a no. Wouldn't be able to tell anyways because of how small it would be.

Swords like a long sword and a cutlass are very easy to tell apart. A dirk and a simple dagger are not. I appreciate all suggestions though. May consider doing the longsword though since I guess the hilt is diferent enough to warrant it. Could thin the blade too and lengthen it. Two handed or one handed?

Edit: I just remembered. I already did a gladius. I just didn't upload the picture. My bad.

Wertologist

Whitelisted
Wertologist
Wertologist
Whitelisted
That pike thing is probably doable. I'll give it a shot sans the red furry part. I don't know how to animate textures so I'm not doing cloth flowing animations.

As for the shield, I'll add it to the list. I haven't tried shields yet, but I will.

Wertologist

Whitelisted
Wertologist
Wertologist
Whitelisted

Wertologist

Whitelisted
Wertologist
Wertologist
Whitelisted
Keep the suggestions and ideas flowing. I need to cover as many base weapons as I can.

Wertologist

Whitelisted
Wertologist
Wertologist
Whitelisted
Releasing the first demo. Has most of the models in the pictures linked above, but I also included alternate textures for mobs as well. There are readmes in the zip if you open the pack that tell you all the item names and which items then go to and there is one to tell you all the mob names and which mobs they go to. The readmes will explain how they work. Basically, the mob one works the same as the items ones.

If you find any bugs or missing textures, please report them to me so I can fix them.

Attachments

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Top Bottom